Combine Press Conference

DaBallhawk

On now FYI

So far:

Bowles

- Looking to add cornerbacks

- Getting bigger/stronger up front

- Him and Kacy Rodgers are basically the same guy defensively, they know each other well, see the same thing on defense, scheme wise etc.

- Not sure when Dee will be ready to go, ready to move on without him if he's not ready

- Geno needs to protect the ball, can't win games if we keep turning the ball over

- Chan gets the most out of his players, everybody respects him, has been through everything, so many different offenses

- QB might come through draft or FA

- Not focused on Patriots, have to focus on winning every game, be the best Jets team we can be. Beating Pats won't get you anywhere if you don't win the rest of your games

Macc now

- Percy situation is being handled right now. No decision yet

- CB position will be adressed (draft or FA)

- More familiar with the seniors, will go back to evaluate the juniors some more

- #6 pick is a nice spot, we might move up, move down...or just stay at 6 and pick the best player available

- Won't comment on specific (rookie) players at this point, have to evaluate them more

- Him, Bowles & Mo are talking about contract extension, would love to get it done soon

- Will evaluate draft class after 2-3 years at the earliest. Players grow etc. it takes time, can't judge them too soon

- More unknowns with guys like Mariota because they're not traditional dropback QB's, you have to speculate a little more until you see them do certain things (drills etc.)

- Dee a wildcard, nobody knows what we're gonna get with him if he returns and how he'll perform. Might return early summer

- We have good players, have to bring in more talent etc.

- Will be very active in free agency, whether it's the high dollar guys or middle/lower tier guys. Have lots of cap space but we try to squeeze out anything we can

- Would REALLY love to have Harris back, but he's a FA so we'll see

- We look at every position to upgrade, whether it's the draft or FA, won't focus on specific positions only (QB etc.).

That's it.

Good stuff. Curious what Bowles meant about getting bigger and stronger up front. Probably offensive line, maybe defensive line depth, but I'm not sure how much more is needed on the defensive front from a starters standpoint.

Love that Bowles is going to let Rodgers handle the defense. Seems like he'll function as a real head coach which should be a breath of fresh air. Potentially a really interesting combination of disciplinarian and players coach too which could be a really nice combination. Supposedly understands offense and defense. Seems detail oriented, methodical. I'm excited about him.

Hopefully at least one FA corner is brought in, can't imagine that being addressed via draft only. Cromartie seems like a solid bet to come back.

Will be interesting to see how the Wilkerson/Harvin situations are handled. Those are the two earliest tests for Maccagnan.

Seems Bowles and Maccag have decide they will move on from Idzik's picks quickly if they do not see anything right of the bat.

Dee Milliner and for that matter McDougle better be prepared come training camp or else they might be looking for a job.

Geno should be worried about the number of days he has in this league.

And oh BTW.......Harris is not coming back unless he takes a lot lesser contract.

With all due respect when did his predecessor ever provide sound bites with his comments on division opponents. Idzik was a dull as they come.

He didn't have to. That's what you have Rex Ryan for. Making all kinds of dumb statements, talking about beating the Pats like the season lasts only 2 games. Ignoring the rest of the 14 games pretty much...

In the "taking shots at the joke of a past regime" dept (as kelly would say~~~~~)

#Jets AUDIO Todd Bowles "You don't get any brownie points for being tough & not winning." AUDIO: http://bit.ly/1ERQi5b  @nyjets

lol, if Rex did the same in Buffalo you or Shame would've started a thread vilifying him for it

lol, if Rex did the same in Buffalo you or Shame would've started a thread vilifying him for it

I'm pointing out Bowles doing it here, in this thread. Making me an equal opportunity pointer-outer. The only difference is, this guy is our coach and he's referencing the fail mantra of the previous coach... while Rex is the coach of the Bills. If Bowles doesn't back it up, then he'll be vilified accordingly.

So, try harder to have a point next time you quote me, you filthy mutt.

Nope.

Apparently, Rex was talking about how awesome EJ Manuel is today. Considering that Manuel had the best game of his career vs Rex's amazing defense, I could see how he'd draw that conclusion.

Nope.

Apparently, Rex was talking about how awesome EJ Manuel is today. Considering that Manuel had the best game of his career vs Rex's amazing defense, I could see how he'd draw that conclusion.

Rex also insisted he wasn't going to talk about the Jets anymore today. So, who bet the over on it taking a month for him to finally be told to shut the **** up about the past?

I'm pointing out Bowles doing it here, in this thread. Making me an equal opportunity pointer-outer. The only difference is, this guy is our coach and he's referencing the fail mantra of the previous coach... while Rex is the coach of the Bills. If Bowles doesn't back it up, then he'll be vilified accordingly.

So, try harder to have a point next time you quote me, you filthy mutt.

Man you are dense.. Hypocrisy comes as natural to you as hunger does to crusher

Man you are dense.. Hypocrisy comes as natural to you as hunger does to crusher

Only in your warped pea brain is it hypocritical. If I wanted to be a hypocrite then I pretend Bowles never said it, not draw attention to it.

Can't believe I have to explain sh*t like this to you.

Rexclamation point.

That's the line I think I liked the most, because it's just true. Pizza Boy was so obsessed with BB and NE, he pretty much forgot about the other 14 games. And you have to give him credit for that, we did play the Patriots pretty well. Much better than 90% of the league I'd say. But what's the point if at the end of the season you're among the 3 worst teams in the league? What good does it do to have a win over the Patriots? It was part of Rex' huge ego, he had to beat the Pats/BB just to feel better about himself, to have something to brag about. He didn't see the big picture. And his presser yesterday just shows you how he has not changed whatsoever, he's still the same joke he was here with us, he'll never change. His jokes, those dumb unfunny zingers he throws out there like he's a comedian instead of answering questions the way a headcoach should, all that is going to bite him in the ass again by the time the season rolls around. Now he can talk, now he doesn't have to back anything up. Now he's the toughest guy in the world. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. We're the toughest this, we're the toughest that. To beat us you have to do this and that. Yeah, whatever. Then you get smacked in the face, you lose a game and suddenly you have your tail tucked between your legs again at the post game presser, talking about how you got your ass handed to you. Buffalo: Joke's on you. In more than just one way.

That's the line I think I liked the most, because it's just true. Pizza Boy was so obsessed with BB and NE, he pretty much forgot about the other 14 games. And you have to give him credit for that, we did play the Patriots pretty well. Much better than 90% of the league I'd say. But what's the point if at the end of the season you're among the 3 worst teams in the league? What good does it do to have a win over the Patriots? It was part of Rex' huge ego, he had to beat the Pats/BB just to feel better about himself, to have something to brag about. He didn't see the big picture. And his presser yesterday just shows you how he has not changed whatsoever, he's still the same joke he was here with us, he'll never change. His jokes, those dumb unfunny zingers he throws out there like he's a comedian instead of answering questions the way a headcoach should, all that is going to bite him in the ass again by the time the season rolls around. Now he can talk, now he doesn't have to back anything up. Now he's the toughest guy in the world. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. We're the toughest this, we're the toughest that. To beat us you have to do this and that. Yeah, whatever. Then you get smacked in the face, you lose a game and suddenly you have your tail tucked between your legs again at the post game presser, talking about how you got your ass handed to you. Buffalo: Joke's on you. In more than just one way.

And really, if you listened to Rex, he was a big moral victory guy.  He should have just come out after losses, like BP, and said we lost, we were not good enough.  But he always tried to couch that kind of admission with excuses.

Pizza Boy was so obsessed with BB and NE, he pretty much forgot about the other 14 games. And you have to give him credit for that, we did play the Patriots pretty well. Much better than 90% of the league I'd say. But what's the point if at the end of the season you're among the 3 worst teams in the league? What good does it do to have a win over the Patriots? It was part of Rex' huge ego, he had to beat the Pats/BB just to feel better y.

The Jets "played the Patriots well"?

In the last 4 years, the Jets are 1-7 against the Pats. Pathetic.

If you want moral victories, go watch Pop Warner games on Sundays.

Archived