NFL Combine Discussion

Morrissey

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if Harvin restructures his contract, where is the rookie WR going to play?

Cooper, White & Parker are all outside guys that have #1 receiver ability you line them up next to Decker day 1 ,most spread offensives run a lot of 4/5 wr's sets there will be plenty of playing time for Harvin & Kerly which will be our punt & kick returners

respectfully as well.

Leonard Williams doesn't look like a top 5 guy to me. In terms of freak of nature. Not saying he's not going to be good, he just isn't paper popping nor does he have the marble build. Looks more like a 10-15 guy. Especially with some of the numbers these other guys are putting up. Jmo. 

Cooper, White & Parker are all outside guys that have #1 receiver ability you line them up next to Decker day 1 ,most spread offensives run a lot of 4/5 wr's sets there will be plenty of playing time for Harvin & Kerly which will be our punt & kick returners

respectfully as well.

Yeah I'm with you. Bottom line is if you think any of these guys can be a true #1 you take him. Give me a break you don't do it because of Eric Decker, Harvin and Kerely. 

Leonard Williams doesn't look like a top 5 guy to me. In terms of freak of nature. Not saying he's not going to be good, he just isn't paper popping nor does he have the marble build. Looks more like a 10-15 guy. Especially with some of the numbers these other guys are putting up. Jmo. 

He is a top 5 guy. Seen him many times and he is real good.

Yeah I'm with you. Bottom line is if you think any of these guys can be a true #1 you take him. Give me a break you don't do it because of Eric Decker, Harvin and Kerely. 

If we go receiver in the first Harvin will start bellyaching...you'd almost have to move on from him if that's the plan. 

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil 

·   Feb 21   

On my @seniorbowl watch, best 40's from WR Group 4:

1. Phillip Dorsett 4.25

2. Mario Alford 4.31

3. Amari Cooper 4.35

Looks like he had an itchy trigger finger...lol.

Fowler killed it, also seems like a kid who just loves to have fun and play football. I was shocked at how light Gregory was and I'm kind of shying away from him after hearing he dipped as low as 218 a few months ago. I guess it depends on what Bowles looks for in his OLB, because Gregory and Ray would not have the frame for Rex's 34, maybe Bowles is different, I don't know enough about it to really know. All I know is that if you think one of them is Von Miller, you figure out a way to make him fit in.

Fowler is going to fit in anywhere. He's a baller. I'm starting to really settle in on him mostly because of how I see this thing playing out but he will fit in. He can do it all. He's really fun to watch too. Good kid. Loves the game. Muschamp moved him all over the field. Incredible play recognition. Low bust probability. Mayock compared him to Justin Houston fwiw.

Fowler is going to fit in anywhere. He's a baller. I'm starting to really settle in on him mostly because of how I see this thing playing out but he will fit in. He can do it all. He's really fun to watch too. Good kid. Loves the game. Muschamp moved him all over the field. Incredible play recognition. Low bust probability. Mayock compared him to Justin Houston fwiw.

Just don't draft Gregory at 6. This year he looked bored playing for Nebraska.

With the depth at WR, and the likelihood of being able to get a top 5 WR from this draft class with our 2nd rounder, I'm loving the idea of getting the best pass rusher of the draft. 

Fowler, followed by the best WR in R2, and a RB like Duke Johnson or something like that in R3. Upgrade the secondary and OL via FA. No rookie QB is going to help us this year, so sign a veteran and cross your fingers that the strength of the team can carry the average-ness of the QB we end up with.

With the depth at WR, and the likelihood of being able to get a top 5 WR from this draft class with our 2nd rounder, I'm loving the idea of getting the best pass rusher of the draft. 

Fowler, followed by the best WR in R2, and a RB like Duke Johnson or something like that in R3. Upgrade the secondary and OL via FA. No rookie QB is going to help us this year, so sign a veteran and cross your fingers that the strength of the team can carry the average-ness of the QB we end up with.

+1. Pass rushers are harder to find than wr. I like fowler in round 1 WR in round 2. Corner or OL in round 3

So the Jets will be able to get one of Ray, Fowler, White, or Cooper.  Not bad at all.

A few things: I think Jacksonville will definitely go with an edge rusher, and Fowler will be that guy, unless Quinn decides he likes Gregory more for some reason. And if Washington lets Orakpo walk, that's another spot where an OLB would likely be picked. I keep reading a bunch of negative sh*t on Ray (weak, one-trick) and Beasley's playing weight is closer to 230. That OLB group could thin out pretty quickly closer to the draft. If Fowler is gone, then you're looking at (likely) Ray, Mariota, Cooper, and the OL. I'm starting to agree with the guys who are a little tweaked over beating Tennessee and Miami at this point. I'm still on that Cooper or Fowler train, though.

Jets will get a good player at 6, prob will be White, I see Fowler and Coop going 3 then 4

A few things: I think Jacksonville will definitely go with an edge rusher, and Fowler will be that guy, unless Quinn decides he likes Gregory more for some reason. And if Washington lets Orakpo walk, that's another spot where an OLB would likely be picked. I keep reading a bunch of negative sh*t on Ray (weak, one-trick) and Beasley's playing weight is closer to 230. That OLB group could thin out pretty quickly closer to the draft. If Fowler is gone, then you're looking at (likely) Ray, Mariota, Cooper, and the OL. I'm starting to agree with the guys who are a little tweaked over beating Tennessee and Miami at this point. I'm still on that Cooper or Fowler train, though.

Quinn coaches ATL, not JAX. I'm assuming you mean Caldwell.

At this point, we have to hope that some team wants to jump ahead of Oakland for either a WR (Cooper or White?) and trades with Jax. A lot will change between now and then, hopefully it falls alright for us. If not, trade back, don't panic.

Archived