Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of people lying to themselves in this thread is hilarious.

If the Bills traded for Aaron Rodgers tomorrow, there would be people on here laughing at Rex for getting a QB who took several years to earn a starting job.  Polarizing guy.

Alonso is better than Davis by a lot

Davis is a mystery to me...all the physical tools to be great but rarely makes a play.  Really hoping the new regime can get him and Coples to start making more impact plays.

lets traid mo wilkerman for demarco murry come on tanny make it happen

Murray is a FA. That would be dumb. And I love how people are trying to compare Kiko to Sheldon or Mo....puhhhlease. They got better with him out. Lmfao

Jets fans

I'm still hung over from the parade we threw for the Percy Harvin deal.

Percy Harvin shouldn't be mentioned in the same Breath as Lesean Mccoy.  I agree the trade doesn't make Buffalo a ton better tho. 

The Harvin trade was complete garbage. 

The amount of people lying to themselves in this thread is hilarious.

It's out of control.  They're actually trying to convince themselves the Bills are worse off lol. 

They're getting the best weapon in the AFC East for a guy who hasn't played in over a year and may never be the same.  Maybe if people keep reminding them the Bills actually improved both defensively and in overall record without Enrico Palazzo it will start to register?

You're not comparing Mo and Sheldon to Alonso.

That is exactly what is happening, Mick.  Jets fans are unbelievable.  The Bills just got the best RB in the league for a guy that nobody knows what he'll be moving forward and its all....hahaha, stupid Rex.  What?  lmfao. They won 9 games last year with Boobie Dixon and Kyle Orton as their offense. Now they have Shaddy McCoy with Sammy Watkins on the outside.  haha.  STUPID BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis is a mystery to me...all the physical tools to be great but rarely makes a play.  Really hoping the new regime can get him and Coples to start making more impact plays.

Nothing miserious about DD. He's a great athlete who can run and hit people, that's it. He has no instincts and by the time he realizes what's going on it's already too late.

That is exactly what is happening, Mick.  Jets fans are unbelievable.  The Bills just got the best RB in the league for a guy that nobody knows what he'll be moving forward and its all....hahaha, stupid Rex.  What?  lmfao. They won 9 games last year with Boobie Dixon and Kyle Orton as their offense. Now they have Shaddy McCoy with Sammy Watkins on the outside.  haha.  STUPID BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but McCoy gets paid a lot and stuff.

I agree- I dont think there's anyone on the roster we could have swapped.

saying davis for McCoy is a a heck of a lot closer then sheldon for McCoy.. coming off a major knee injury, I'm not even sure you can say equivocally that Alonso is better

Nothing miserious about DD. He's a great athlete who can run and hit people, that's it. He has no instincts and by the time he realizes what's going on it's already too late.

Yes, but with that size/speed combo I can't believe he doesn't force a few fumbles from year to year....maybe a few strip sacks?  Something.

It's out of control. They're actually trying to convince themselves the Bills are worse off lol.

They're getting the best weapon in the AFC East for a guy who hasn't played in over a year and may never be the same. Maybe if people keep reminding them the Bills actually improved both defensively and in overall record without Enrio Palazzo it will start to register?

You haven't heard, Shaddy at 27 years old is shot. He's done. Kiko one year wonder is the best LBer in the league.

Are Watkins and Shaddy the most dynamic offense players in the AFCE? The answer is yes.

saying davis for McCoy is a a heck of a lot closer then sheldon for McCoy.. coming off a major knee injury, I'm not even sure you can say equivocally that Alonso is better

Ofcourse you can't. Nobody has any idea what Kiko will be. But hey he was good one year, never mind they got better without him.

It's out of control. They're actually trying to convince themselves the Bills are worse off lol.

They're getting the best weapon in the AFC East for a guy who hasn't played in over a year and may never be the same. Maybe if people keep reminding them the Bills actually improved both defensively and in overall record without Enrico Palazzo it will start to register?

If the Jets traded for Adrian Peterson today are they better off?

Yes, but with that size/speed combo I can't believe he doesn't force a few fumbles from year to year....maybe a few strip sacks?  Something.

You'd think that's what he works on, the things he can control, like punching the ball out. He doesn't even do that. Maybe he's just too scared to miss a tackle, I don't know. That Dawan Landry syndrome. Just go wrap somebody up 10-15 yards downfield, get run over and then celebrate the tackle like you just made the biggest play in NFL history. At least he has the decency to not do that unlike Dawan. I still have hope that maybe the more DD plays and studies (not sure if he's done that) at some point he'll develop some sort of instincts. Very, very little hope.

Understatement.  Alonso was sensational before the injury.  Davis has not shown anything special.  Nice player, but in a different league from Kiko.

This is correct.

Long term this is a better move for the Eagles...Kiko will play until his mid-30's....Shady has two years left.  He's a speed back, once they lose their explosiveness - around 28 they're done.  He'll be 27 when the season starts.  

I would rather have Shady this year - but by Shady's 2nd year in Buffalo they're going to be paying him $10mm a year to be a very, very average RB.

Short tem - It's a good move for Buffalo this year but have to wonder though what else they could have done with Kiko and $11mm in cap space.  it's also a good move for the Eagles as they needed the cap space.

Lol. I'm sure all the folks bashing Rex Ryan for this trade would be praising him up and down if this was reversed, and he had traded away LeSean McCoy for a LB coming off a missed season do to a serious ACL injury. Yeah, that's what would've happened.

Short term, the trade favors the Bills. They suffer no effects losing Kiko, as they were just fine on defense last year. They add a dynamic RB who's still in his prime. The Eagles get a LB who'll probably spend this season just getting back up to speed.

That said, I would never make this trade because of McCoy's contract. The Eagles get cap space, and -long term- a player who could potentially be producing for them for years after McCoy's retired. RBs shelf lives are short, and I would never pay one what McCoy is scheduled to make. It's why I have no interest in Spiller or Murray, either.

This is somewhat inaccurate - while still in his prime he's already in decline.  And RB's go from in their prime to garbage very quickly.  He has two years...then he's done.  A 29 year old Shady McCoy is Chris Johnson on the Jets this year.  

If the Jets traded for Adrian Peterson today are they better off?

Exactly...Trading a low priced, 24 year old, top defensive talent - for more or less two years of a RB and paying over $10mm for him...When you don't have a QB.  I would say no..The Jets wouldn't be better off trading for Peterson.

Holy sh*t, TX is right. Jets fans are complelty delusional.

I think it is a good trade for both teams.  But I also think that you have no idea how good Alonso is (pre injury of course) and what his upside for the Eagles will be.  Alonso was great in his rookie season.  McCoy is a great back, no doubt, and maybe the better half of the trade for the next year or two.  But 3 years down the road and beyond, I'd much rather have Alonso.  Excellent backs are just easier to find than excellent LBs, IMHO.

Can't wait until Rex signs Sanchez and you guys tell us all what a great move it is.

Until it fails, then it was ONLY the gm's idea. and poor innocent Rex was just sitting there at the meetings with nothing to say.

I'm looking forward to see if these guys take it to the next level.  They both have the skill set to be very good players and are still young.

Everyone thinks Harris will jump to Buffalo because of Rex but that's not a guarantee.  Maybe he would prefer to stay here with the team that drafted him.  Hopefully he doesn't get an outrageous offer that we have to let him go.    

I think it is a good trade for both teams. But I also think that you have no idea how good Alonso is (pre injury of course) and what his upside for the Eagles will be. Alonso was great in his rookie season. McCoy is a great back, no doubt, and maybe the better half of the trade for the next year or two. But 3 years down the road and beyond, I'd much rather have Alonso. Excellent backs are just easier to find than excellent LBs, IMHO.

I can understand that...but people are acting like Kiko is an unreplaceable talent. He's not, like at all, hence the Bills being better on D without him.

Archived