Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

I was most impressed with the comments from former players on NFL network like McGuiness who said that Philly players are taking notice. Deshawn last year, McCoy this year... Kelly is losing that locker room day by day, and now that he's the person in charge of personnel... There's no buffer or way to hide.

He's an ego maniac and it's going to be his downfall.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

Bills fans are such scumbags. They are all over the message boards saying Kikos knee must be toast so it's a good trade. They actually want their team to try and pull a fast one, like their wont be a thorough physical before it's offical. They are ignorant and have zero character up there. Damn.

They also believe that with Rex as the coach it doesn't matter if Hughes and Alonzo leave... "Rex has got this" .... LMFAO!!!!

Well, our 4th round picks have been looking like that as of late. Good to see we're on the same page.

And the regime that was in place when those picks were made is gone now. Thats where this silly argument falls apart. Nevermind the fact that Glennon has looked like hot garbage to anyone with two eyes. He isn't anyone future.

So just a random thought here...

Could Alonso be a piece in a move to trade up for Mariota? Most teams wouldn't want to touch McCoy's salary but Alonso is a premium defensive player still on a rookie contract and worth something to almost any team.

The Raiders, for example, badly need an ILB. Just something to keep an eye on.

Raiders do have a need for MLB, but he will most likely come from Fa. Nate Irving( Broncos) knows Delrio defense has a good chance to be Raiders MLB. There is even a rumor they might look at Malcolm Smith ( little undersized) for MLB. They can play the undersized Smith because they plan to play with two massive DT (Justin Ellis and Terrance Knighton )clogging up the middle.

Raiders do have a need for MLB, but he will most likely come from Fa. Nate Irving( Broncos) knows Delrio defense has a good chance to be Raiders MLB. There is even a rumor they might look at Malcolm Smith ( little undersized) for MLB. They can play the undersized Smith because they plan to play with two massive DT (Justin Ellis and Terrance Knighton )clogging up the middle.

We will need a ILB too once Ryan snags Harris away from us.

I was most impressed with the comments from former players on NFL network like McGuiness who said that Philly players are taking notice. Deshawn last year, McCoy this year... Kelly is losing that locker room day by day, and now that he's the person in charge of personnel... There's no buffer or way to hide.

He's an ego maniac and it's going to be his downfall.

They didn't tag Maclin....wonder if this makes him think twice about resigning in Philly? If so, I'd throw the bank at him and trade for Foles if Mariota slips to us. We could open next year with our offense looking like this:

QB: Foles

RB: Spiller, Ivory, Powell

WR: Decker, Maclin, Kerley, Draft pick/FA

TE: Amaro & Cumberland + a more reliable blocker

At Philly's 20 spot we could literally do anything we wanted and be in really comfortable shape.

RB rich draft, trade for high-priced RB, give up a player that almost stole DROY from Sheldon.

Makes sense, lol. Really starting to wonder if any of it was Tanny's fault.

I have a natural aversion for starting RBs (making big money) with tread on them. I actually think I would have kept Alonzo, if he has fully recovered.  He is an up and comer. 

Wow. They just gave up Kiko Alonzo and let Jerry Hughes walk to FA. To think that Rex is the coach there while this is happening is pretty unbelievable. sh*t just got real with Shady in the division though. I guess we know for sure that CJ aint going back. 

Yup.  A top ten D, no doubt about it.  Watch McCoy come up smelling like fertilizer

If the Eagles dont trade up to #2 I think we'll be the team that they trade up with at #6. They're not going to trade up with the Redskins in their own division and I think the Raiders would prefer to get their WR for Derek Carr.

I wouldn't rule the Raiders out as being a team that trades with the Eagles.( offer sweet enough they will drop back to Eagles spot). Again only player they might not trade back is if Leonard Williams is still on the board.

What everyone is ignoring is that the bills have not made the playoffs for a longer time than any other team.  They can keep Spikes who Rex liked to man the middle. McCoy is the best friend a young qb can have.

True and a good point.

Of coarse it's not that easy. It's just a simple question to say who doe you think is overall more valuable. Just for discussion. Obviously all the variables need to be considered.

When having a discussion I find it difficult to remove chosen variables for the sake of creating a potentially different discussion than the one already taking place. Especially in the early going of said discussion

:D 

Then again I often confuse myself before anyone else even joins the discussion so there's that.

I am at a bar right now imbibing on my 4th beer.

It just dawned on me:

EARLY PRE-DRAFT TRADE ALA BRADWAY IN 2003 for the #4 overall pick to select Dwayne Robertson DT Kentucky.

Trade up to #4 with the Raiders, shouldn't cost too much to slide up 2 spots, and be the best position to either select whichever QB drops or trade a RANSOM to Philly for Mariotta.

Raiders still get their WR @ #6

Thoughts?

f626473b4f7fe6055675483d8a90809a_normal.Michael Schottey @Schottey · 54m54 minutes ago

Source tells me Eagles would’ve cut LeSean McCoy and were just calling around to find *anything* for him. Bills only took 20 min to say yes.

Forgetting the source is the Bleacher Report, I find this hilarious. It just so "Rex". I can see it happening...

VERY REX!

That how we acquired Santonio Holmes, recall? I was ecstatic at the time as well (we were CLEARLY going for it) b/c we JUST GOT A SB MVP for only a 5th rounder!

Buyer beware. Rex will KILL that poor town's soul & last source of pride within 3 years

When was the last time trading for a back with mileage worked out?

First off, consider how unusual it is that a team is willing to trade away a back that has such value. So through trade or otherwise, picking up a RB with at least a few seasons, serious injury, or both under his belt?

I'm sure the goal posts will get moved, with new criteria after I answer, but off the top of my head?

Marshawn Lynch

Marshall Faulk

Reggie Bush

Antowain Smith

Corey Dillon

Thomas Jones

Darren Sproles

Clinton Portis

Willis McGahee

Ricky Williams

Probably I'm missing at least one obvious one.

That said, I have no idea if this will work out or be a laughable failure in hindsight.

VERY REX!

That how we acquired Santonio Holmes, recall? I was ecstatic at the time as well (we were CLEARLY going for it) b/c we JUST GOT A SB MVP for only a 5th rounder!

Buyer beware. Rex will KILL that poor town's soul & last source of pride within 3 years

I would make that trade for Holmes with our 5th round pick every year.

He failure was that we didn't take the money and run and let him hit free agency. We would have recouped a 3rd round compensatory pick to boot.

Curious trade for the Eagles. With Maclin a free agent, they have zero playmakers under contract. Except Sproles, but who knows when that cliff is coming? Seems like Kelly's Oregon hard-on got the best of him.

The Bills should still get a couple good years out of McCoy. I'd say it's worth it for a LB coming off an ACL tear. Their defense certainly did not seem to miss him last year. All that said, I ain't scared. Not of McCoy, not of any opposing RB.

It just is. I see. Kind of like when Rex chose scrub azz Geno to start the season over Vick.  That was his choice. I don't think Rex has the input power like Chip Kelly does. Overall, two great players trade places but it doesn't make sense for the Bills who could have just resigned Spiller and kept Kiko, who is a phenom in the making.  Rex is a defensive coach. I cant see him signing off on this.  And yes you are right - I am out of my mind. In Buddhist philosophy, one strives to be out of his mind. It is when one is in ones mind that he is not in touch with reality and is obsessed with his own thoughts.  Ever see a  guy walking down the street talking to himself. He aint on a cell phone. He's wrapped up in his mind.   Absolutely out of my mind. Yes I am. Thanks for the compliment.

You must be if you compare lame duck Rex Ryan (Jets) who had absolutely no saying here towards the end, to the guy who currently is the face of the Bills and pretty much running the show over there. He was very involved his first 2 years here, him and Tanny ran the show. It wasn't Tanny. But you're gonna go back to lame duck Rex in his final 2-3 years when each week he was about to be fired. Of course he had no say in the end. It's not like he did a good job helping build "up" this team. Most his picks and FA pickups were just utter garbage and a waste of money. Now he's in Buffalo. If you honestly try to tell me that Rex did not ok that trade, if you're honestly trying to tell me that this was a Doug Whaley move and they basically went over Rex's head then you're just out of your mind. I don't know what else to say. Because none of it makes any sense. You don't sign such a "marquee" type HC like Rex Ryan who had other opportunities but chose the Bills instead, pay him the kind of money you do, make him the face of your franchise the way you do, and not promise him final say in terms of building that roster. You don't bring in Rex Ryan and then trade one of your best young players who happens to play ILB in Rex's defense for a RB without Rex either knowing about it or giving his ok.

Archived