Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles cutting Trent Cole also.

Kelly is certainly a man on a mission. Cutting payroll like a madman. Suh? Revis? McCorty? McPhee?

I wonder who he's looking to pick up in FA?

Eagles will cut Trent Cole

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2015, 5:30 PM EST

Trent Cole

AP

Trent Cole is on the way out of Philadelphia.

The Eagles had been hoping to get Cole to take a pay cut, but that hasn’t happened. Now Cole is expected to be released within the next 24 hours, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.

Cole is a good pass rusher who has 14.5 sacks in the last two seasons, but with his cap number scheduled to be $11.6 million this season, it’s no surprise that the Eagles felt like that was more than they could justify spending.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly, who has been given full control of all personnel decisions, clearly wants to get rid of the aging and expensive veterans on the roster. Todd Herremans and Cary Williams have all been sent packing, and now Cole is on the way out as well.

Kelly is clearing plenty of cap space. He may have plans to make a splash when free agency begins next week.

I think the Eagles may have around 50 million in cap space themselves. 

It's not that easy. You have to include all variables in order to get the real truth.  Money, need, the attitude of a player, the available talent etc all have an effect here.

The problem is that I don't believe the Bills brass are including all variables. They're excited to get a ground and pounder.

Straight up in a non inclusive world, I may choose Mccoy, but it's not that easy.

He traded the DROY runner up two years ago for an $11 mil Rb in a year where a very good RB can be had up until rd 4 or so.  Not good management.

Add to that that it's most likely including rex's boner for Harris and it's that much more blind of a move.

What everyone is ignoring is that the bills have not made the playoffs for a longer time than any other team.  They can keep Spikes who Rex liked to man the middle. McCoy is the best friend a young qb can have.

Is this place serious? McCoy joining the division in place of Alonso makes Buffalo worse and is a net positive for the Jets? That's one of the SOJiest statements of all time. We are not lucky to have McCoy in the conference. We are a team without the ability to cover and have no speed.

Some people never got over Nam. Or the night their band opened for Nirvana. Chan never got over Rex Ryan.

lol, I don't even like Ryan and don't think this was a great trade.

Bills had the second best defense in football last year, scoffing off getting a player like McCoy because the it "weakens the defense" implies a significance to the weakening that just isn't there, you pedantic prick

And i'm done getting baited into defending a trade I'm not even high on.

The Bills will never be taken seriously until proven otherwise. What's it been, 20 years since a playoff appearance? Give me a break.

McCoy fell off severely last year and if you think Chip Kelly, the offensive guru, would trade away a player that wasn't on the decline... you're crazy.

lol, I don't even like Ryan and don't think this was a great trade.

Bills had the second best defense in football last year, scoffing off getting a player like McCoy because the it "weakens the defense" implies a significance to the weakening that just isn't there, you pedantic prick

And i'm done getting baited into defending a trade I'm not even high on.

You know CTM is pissed off when he starts using proper punctuation and grammar.

Kelly on rampage! Now is the time to call and get Foles and a few picks for #6!!

Get the picks, but Foles is the wrong QB to pick up. Cut Harvin, get that 4th rounder and offer it to Tampa. Trade the 6th to the Eagles for their 1st rounder, 3rd and 4th rounder this year, and their 2nd and 3rd next year. 

Is this place serious? McCoy joining the division in place of Alonso makes Buffalo worse and is a net positive for the Jets? That's one of the SOJiest statements of all time. We are not lucky to have McCoy in the conference. We are a team without the ability to cover and have no speed.

Does a top ten running defense mean nothing to you? This news doesn't scare me at all. The run defense was a strength of the team.

I love how people think this is stupid. The division just got that much harder. The Bills had a top 5 D without Kiko. He's not a necessary piece. This sucks. The Jets suck. Worst team in the division by far.

What QB is taking the Bills to the Super Bowl? I must have missed that signing.

In my honest opinion, the Bills were better off keeping Kiko, resigning Spiller, and going from there. LeSean has a massive CAP number, a ton of mileage and is reportedly already incredibly unhappy. The Eagles just freed up a ton of CAP space, got an absolute STUD linebacker, and can replace McCoy in FA or the draft with a younger and cheaper player with less wear and tear.

Does a top ten running defense mean nothing to you? This news doesn't scare me at all. The run defense was a strength of the team.

What did I say implied anything about running? McCoy is arguably the best pass catching back in the game. We have no answer to him at all. Our linebackers all suck and we have no secondary.

Sure but they won 9 games with no running game or QB and now they have a better coach.

This isn't good. The division is getting better and the Jets are ******* terrible. Get used to the bottom, that's what this team is.

Shady's best football is behind him . Kiko's is yet to come. Only you and Rex think McCoy playing well in a system the league needed to catch up to 2 years ago matters now

Exactly. I think all the love that Chip Kelly has been getting, especially from Jet fans, will wear out its welcome soon. This dude just traded Shady for a MLB coming off a season ending injury and he's racking up on former Oregon players. And with this move I now believe that there is no doubt that he will trade up for Mariota. Either this man will go down in history as one of the riskiest/smartest coaches of our time or he's going to destroy that franchise. Im choosing the latter.

From where im sitting, Rex won on this trade.

If Maccagnan traded Sheldon Richardson for McCoy, they'd have to dig a moat around Florham Park to keep him from getting killed.

What did I say implied anything about running? McCoy is arguably the best pass catching back in the game. We have no answer to him at all. Our linebackers all suck and we have no secondary.

1. Who's throwing him the ball?

2. We did a good job IMO against pass catching RBs. It was the other pass catchers we had a problem with.

3. Are we starting the season tomorrow?

I get where you're coming from and I agree. He's a match up problem in the passing game. He's a legit threat. 

Get the picks, but Foles is the wrong QB to pick up. Cut Harvin, get that 4th rounder and offer it to Tampa. Trade the 6th to the Eagles for their 1st rounder, 3rd and 4th rounder this year, and their 2nd and 3rd next year.

Nah I'm good with not trading for Mike Glennon.

1. Who's throwing him the ball?

2. We did a good job IMO against pass catching RBs. It was the other pass catchers we had a problem with.

3. Are we starting the season tomorrow?

They could run the sweep 50x a game and accomplish everything they'd need to do.

If Maccagnan traded Sheldon Richardson for McCoy, they'd have to dig a moat around Florham Park to keep him from getting killed.

So, Sheldon == Alsonso coming off major knee injury? Positional value alone put the DT way above, not to mention he's just a better player

Archived