2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

We're still alive right? Harvey can go win one tonight, then all we need is a 2 game streak after that. Piece of cake. 3-one game winning streaks. That's all it is. Gotta take it one game at a time. Stranger things have happened! 

We are so ****ed. Royally ****ed.

to me its all about degrom.  I think harvey gets the win tonight, and a game 7 would have so much pressure on the royals I think thor would blow them away.  if degrom can go 8 innings I think the mets can do it

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to me its all about degrom.  I think harvey gets the win tonight, and a game 7 would have so much pressure on the royals I think thor would blow them away.  if degrom can go 8 innings I think the mets can do it

If we got to a game 7, we would have Thor, with Matz and Harvey in the pen. I would love our chances in that game with the pressure on the Royals. I just don't think Harvey and deGrom have enough in the tank to get past the putrid offense we have going right now. Short of our offense getting hot, I think we are toast.

If we got to a game 7, we would have Thor, with Matz and Harvey in the pen. I would love our chances in that game with the pressure on the Royals. I just don't think Harvey and deGrom have enough in the tank to get past the putrid offense we have going right now. Short of our offense getting hot, I think we are toast.

cespedes is due big time.  d'arnaud too.  I think harvey looked much better on regular rest vs the cubs, but yeah degrom is in uncharted territory. 

The thing that sucks most about this is that it had to be Murphy. Why?? WHY?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!?!???

There's a huge difference between 3-1 and 2-2.

A rookie pitches a 5-inning gem. Another rookie belts two HRs.

The overpaid veteran bums kick back and think their lucky stars will win it for them.

Matz got no support again. It's easy to say the kids are young and have long careers ahead of them but that's 50/50.

Anything can happen; they can blow out their arms and never be the same. This can be the first and last WS for many of them.

I'm not even mad at Murph. I'm mad at that pu$$y Clippard for walking Cain after going up 0-2. If you're unwilling to go after hitters as a setup man you don't deserve the job. Familia needs to be a 6 out guy the rest of the series, whatever we have left.

And F all the Yankee trolls. You have 27 rings and have to f*ck with us after a painful WS loss? Almost as bad as dealing with a guy in a damn Scarecrow costume at the bar last night repeating over and over "it's about to be 3-1". Wanted to punch that guy.

Thank you. The Mets are in the WS and we get loser yankee fans and douchebag Patsy fans that are newfound Royals fans. Its BS.

It is BS.

Mets are down 3-1 because they blew two late inning leads, but that happens in the postseason.  Fortunately, the Mets still have the pitching advantage of the next 3 games and Royals have also lost a WS game 7 at home.  Get to game 7 and all the pressure is on the Royals.

I don't understand the Yankee fan troll job here.  Makes no sense. 

For years, Yankee fans (myself included) killed Mets fans for the "Yankee sucks" chant at Shea Stadium when they weren't even playing, or trolling the Yankee playoff series threads in the 2000s, and now Yankee fans are doing the same here.

The fact that the Mets are down 3-1 sucks.  It's not as if the Yankees are anywhere close to the WS.  They're on that downward trend like the late 1980s.  The worst part is if Cashman does his patchwork jobs like he did in the last free agent haul.  They need to go young and rebuild.  That's the only way back to the Fall Classic.

Don't get Yankee fans (like me) breaking Mets' fans balls. I'm watching it here and there, but really know,  like and am related to lots of Mets fans. I hate the Red Sox, their dickhead obnoxious fans, their overpriced  firetrap stadium, their douchebag city. I don't hate the Mets, spare the 2000 WS.   Saw a Mets fan friend this AM, and really talking about Murphy, felt for him. Actually hope they pull it out. Not entirely crazy when the rotation is Harvey/Degrom/ Syndagard. Not easy, but it can be done.  

To echo SMC-hard to see where the Yankees get that kind of pitching because they never get awful enough tog get a shot at that kind of pitcher in the draft. You can sing international guys like Tanaka and Severino, but that's pretty much it. Otherwise you're hoping some silly team fails to sign a front line starters, which is rare .Worse, you then wind up signing on to Sabbatihia like contracts (and he is a game gutty guy but) with the back end of several useless out years clogging your payroll.It's become a treadmill to 87 or so wins and mediocrity. 

This series CANNOT end tonight. That would mean the Royals get to finish 2015 celebrating on our f*ckin field, THEN we'd have to open the 2016 season in KC watching their ring ceremony.

Granted, that all might just serve as some big time motivation for us next year, but it's added pain that'll just suck to deal with as a fan of 19 years of my life.

yes seriously. I'll gladly send him (and you if you'd like)a bottle of jergens to lube up the boxspring because only a internet troll ****boy would troll a mets World Series thread after a game like this one. 

OK tough guy, feel better. 

FYI, I've been actively rooting for you guys.  But seriously, think first.  Then type.

I don't understand the Yankee fan troll job here.  Makes no sense. 

For years, Yankee fans (myself included) killed Mets fans for the "Yankee sucks" chant at Shea Stadium when they weren't even playing, or trolling the Yankee playoff series threads in the 2000s, and now Yankee fans are doing the same here.

The fact that the Mets are down 3-1 sucks.  It's not as if the Yankees are anywhere close to the WS.  They're on that downward trend like the late 1980s.  The worst part is if Cashman does his patchwork jobs like he did in the last free agent haul.  They need to go young and rebuild.  That's the only way back to the Fall Classic.

Aside from maybe a bullpen guy, I hope they sign no one.

I'm not even mad at Murph. I'm mad at that pu$$y Clippard for walking Cain after going up 0-2. If you're unwilling to go after hitters as a setup man you don't deserve the job. Familia needs to be a 6 out guy the rest of the series, whatever we have left.

And F all the Yankee trolls. You have 27 rings and have to f*ck with us after a painful WS loss? Almost as bad as dealing with a guy in a damn Scarecrow costume at the bar last night repeating over and over "it's about to be 3-1". Wanted to punch that guy.

Absolutely on both counts.  Clippard and the Yankee fans SUDDEN interest in talking about the WS with us.

Unfortunately, Mets offense is non-existent, the pitchers have to do it themselves.

I have a bad feeling about pulling Harvey.

Awesome. He's staying in.

I 100% would have sent him out for the 9th.   No matter what, I would have done that.

There wasn't a person out there that wasn't screaming to let Harvey go out there for the 9th.

And it's easy to blame this on an error, but the truth of the matter is that Hosmer made a heads up play because the Royals scouted Duda and knew he wouldn't be able to make that throw. To have the presence of mind in that situation to pull that move deserves a lot of credit.

I don't know if we'll be back here next year. We might take a step back offensively because I don't think we're bringing Ces or Murph back, not just because of them bombing but also because the long term plans look to be Nimmo and Herrera, so it'll take some time to work them in. With Wheeler and Montero back, the pitching will be better, that's for sure. And honestly, the Mets need to spend on a bullpen probably more than they do anything else.

I am bummed and probably will be for a few days. It sucks losing out on finally seeing a championship because we couldn't stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Last week it really looked like karma was on our side, but alas, it was not meant to be. Broken hearted as always, sports are such a mother ****er.

Archived