Jets sign Buster Skrine

BroadwayJets

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was convinced your stoic-ness was going to begin a return in this thread. I'm sad :(

I'm entirely convinced that once you are again optimistic, we're winning a Super Bowl. So...no pressure or anything my man :biggrin:

I'll give it a shot. Can't promise anything, but I'll give it a shot. :)

Hard to measure a how well a CB performs in my opinion. I watched alot of Skrine over the last few years. Used to suck, i remember him playing on the outside and not being very good, comparable to Kyle Wilson. But over the last season or two, he really improved quite a bit. Most Cleveland fans i know would refer to him as "Solid". I would never call Wilson Solid, so it is an upgrade.  

former teammates showing him love on the tweeters:

Joe Haden @joehaden23  
Do your thing @BusterSkrine really happy 4 u lil bro! The meeting room won't B the same! True example of the hard work pays off

Tashaun J. Gipson SR @Gipson_duos24  
Huge congratulations to my brotha my road dawg for signing with the jets sad to see you go but happy for u @BusterSkrine GOD bless bro

Flash Gordon @JOSH_GORDONXII  
@BusterSkrine good luck bro, keep showing out..

T.J. Ward @BossWard43  
Congrats to my bro @BusterSkrine on his new deal. Well deserved.

110 tackles, 36 pass deflections, 5 int's last 2 years combined at RCB. 

like this signing, new #2 corner. Browns wanted him back but we overpaid.. the market will produce these pricey looking contracts (see Smith, Torrey) but the cap is just going to go up and up. and as the drones on the networks say all the time now: its a passing league. so the more good corners we get/got, the better. 

I thought we weren't doing anything the past couple days.

Skrine in the nickel, Cro and Revis on the outside. BOOM.

Would you love to hear Milliner traded or what? There's talk about Bree's being on the block. Big Mo and Milliner straight up?

My friend lives in Ohio, life long Browns fan, texted me this earlier:

"Dude. I'd be stoked about signing Buster Skrine. I'm so bummed the Browns didn't keep him".

Just a "for what it's worth" post. I haven't watched the guy play, and I'm leery of a player named "Buster" in general, but his text got me a little excited about the guy's potential.

I guess we learned a few tricks from him and decided to not look back at Kyle Wilson.   

I like the signing although I never really followed him too much with the Browns.  Pettine played a man system most times I believe, and he was opposite Hayden so plenty of targets.  Would need to see some game tapes against teams like Cincy, Houston, TB, Ravens, and Lions this past season.  I figure Hayden took the No. 1 guy, would love to see how Skrine did against the second guy on those teams since they have talented folks.  Or if he just played the slot.

Archived