Bring Back Fireman Ed

Make me idSICK

Dude I have a picture of you encouraging young women to pull their tops up in the Gate D spiral from back in 2007. :) do you want me to post them as proof that youre the same kind of ''old school Jets fan'' that everybody else is?

I wont embarrass you asd long as you stop this dumb ass charade :)

Well, I pinned the tail right on that donkey, didn't I?

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAR I

You are by far one of my favorite posters.  Bold, funny, intelligent and above all else a passionate Jets fan!!  So while we have at times disagreed I l respect the heck out of you.... 

If you feel that Ed's time is past that may be the case, but some fans WHO ATTEND THE GAMES with you want him back and there is nothing wrong with that

Same for me.  SAR is one of the best posters on any Jets site and is as passionate a fan as anyone I've ever met.  But the fans who want Ed back deserve the same respect as well.

Dude I have a picture of you encouraging young women to pull their tops up in the Gate D spiral from back in 2007. :) do you want me to post them as proof that youre the same kind of ''old school Jets fan'' that everybody else is?

I wont embarrass you asd long as you stop this dumb ass charade :)

Now this, this is funny.

Did you read that thread?! Lol... I am still trying to figure out why they banned me... And the thread is still open - if anyone stands up for me or Ed is getting harassed and the mods are doing nothing about it. Where do these people come from? I undersfand not agreeing with us - but the way they act in there is like a bunch of wild animals.

I have said it before many Jets fans, my brethren, are some of the worst fans in sports.

There is not one person in Jets history who has not been vilified by the Jet fan base and it is sad....

18g7cz.jpg

OK everybody I present to you SAR I in the white Pennington jersey harassing young female Jets fans at Gate D :)

IDK, to me it looks like he's reaching for a high five from the dude on the far right. I see he wears one of those woody Johnson inspired floppy hats. It's confirmed, only rich guys wear those.

18g7cz.jpg

OK everybody I present to you SAR I in the white Pennington jersey harassing young female Jets fans at Gate D :)

CLASSIC 

Looks like he's waiting for a reach around from 1 of his cargo shorts gang buddies

that neck is a lil too red for someone who doesn't work with their hands for a living......just sayin'

Thats his blood pressure people with high blood pressure appear boldly red at times 

Im texting security thats it! 

Majority!?!? how do you "know" this??? Why do you hate Ed??? what happened? Did he take attention away from you??? awww  poor guy... You'll feel better when you sign the petition... go ahead... You know you want to... :-)

I am a season ticket holder and I saw the ambivalent (SAT word, look it up) reaction that Firefraud got since moving into the new stadium.

What I'd rather know is why you are defending a guy who quit on the Jets at the very moment of our worst humiliation?  The guy who is supposed to represent us, the "everyman" Jets fan, is that proper behavior?  Buttfumble blowout to the Patriots with the whole country watching, he throws a fit, storms up the stairs, makes sure all the cameras are on him.  Staged a walkout.  "Look!  Even their mascot is quitting on them!"  Remember?  I do.  And so do 82,500 other fans.  And that's why he's not coming back, chief.

SAR I

Haha.. Here is an idea if fireman ed comes back... If you dont like him - don't cheer... But don't ruin it for the people who want to. It is called being a civilized member of society.

Since your media leak yesterday and all the Tweets and all the newspaper ink you've added a whopping 400 fans who agree with you.

Like I said, we loved you for your Idzik/Ryan ruination, but you're dead wrong on this one.  Tell you what, you delete your petition, we'll ask Max to delete this thread, we'll pretend the whole thing didn't happen.  You save face for the next Big Jets Cause, Firefraud gets what he deserves, and we can go back to the feel-good March we were having thanks to our GM prior to this "hey Jason, can you do me a solid and help me with a social media campaign to get my old gig back?" nonsense.

Deal?

SAR I

I hope the Jets don't bring him back. The Jets drum line doing the Jets chant is better. The Jets need to distance themselves from busch league amateur hour material such as Fireman Ed was with leading the Jets chant.

Start a petition to Woody Johnson asking him to revoke Fireman Ed's season tickets.  I'd sign that one.

This guy pretends to represent us and then quits on us.  We're not going to let that be forgotten.  Biggest moment of misery in Jets history, the very second we realize our Super Bowl dream is not happening, Brady and Belichick are stuffing us like a turkey, and he stages a dramatic exit with the entire nation watching him.  Biggest sin in Jets history.  And some people want him back to teach them the alphabet.  Ridiculous.

SAR I

No.  You don't.  You don't speak for anyone but yourself on this or any other issue.  

Yes, I do.

Not because I'm some expert here, but because it's plainly simple to see.  From 2001-2009 the chant in Giants Stadium was deafening.  From 2010-2012 the chant in MetLife Stadium was a sad whisper. 

The fans (ie the 82,500 in aggregate) voted, they didn't want the chant, Ed knew this, and he abandoned us in selfish, dramatic, made-for-TV fashion at the very lowest point in our history.  That's what happened.  That's factual.  You think it's because of his seating location?  Okay, that could be it too.  But it doesn't matter what the root cause is.  What matters is that the new stadium and its culture rejects the chant and that should be enough of a reason to not revisit the bad times of 2010-2012 in this regard.

SAR I

How ******* transparent.

The fake rich guy who tries so, so hard to flaunt his imaginary wealth seems to be the one with the biggest issues around other people making money. You know who complains about people that have figured out how to turn a profit while doing something they love? Working class schlubs who blame their life outcomes on everyone but themselves.

SAR, in order for your schtick to be even semi-believable, you need to understand at an instinctive level that people with real money would be advocates of capitalism, not jealously whining about it.

We just got our forms back from our accountant, we owe $78,000 in taxes.  I'll be happy to show you at a Tailgate Joe event on opening day, perhaps once you believe me you can ignite a Kickstarter campaign to help us pay it down.

I would never begrudge anyone the ability to make money, but not at my expense, and I don't like it when opportunists think that all Jets fans are ignorant.  Some of us know what's going on.

SAR I

Same for me.  SAR is one of the best posters on any Jets site and is as passionate a fan as anyone I've ever met.  But the fans who want Ed back deserve the same respect as well.

I respect them too, well, those who are sober and were paying attention on Thanksgiving 2012.

The guy humiliated us on a night where the humiliation was already piled up to the upper deck.  How can you defend him?  How could you welcome him back?  Even if the cheer were a raucous success from 2010-2012, how can you support someone who staged a walkout on national TV making the Jets the only professional sports team to have its mascot quit on them?

SAR I

18g7cz.jpg

LOL.  I was trying to save her, I was offering her my hand to take her away from that madness.

Actually, I'm an idiot because I had season tickets right by Gate D since 2001 and I didn't discover the topless madness until 2007.  In my attempt to avoid the halftime burping farting smoking drunks I deprived myself of some of the best fun I've ever had at Jets games.  That scene was hysterical, it was like ancient Rome, why those girls lifted up their shirts I'll never know.  And after one season of participating, boom, social media killed it.  Bastards.

SAR I

Sar - you definitely are a character and I am not the least bit offended by you. We are on different sides of it this time - but nobody agrees 100% of the time...

Ps: if spending time at gate D was in anyway wrong, I don't wanna be right... Those spirals were where I transitioned from being a boy to a man. Lol

I respect them too, well, those who are sober and were paying attention on Thanksgiving 2012.

The guy humiliated us on a night where the humiliation was already piled up to the upper deck.  How can you defend him?  How could you welcome him back?  Even if the cheer were a raucous success from 2010-2012, how can you support someone who staged a walkout on national TV making the Jets the only professional sports team to have its mascot quit on them?

SAR I

He's human and he was physically abused in the rest room.  Cut him some slack.  

Again, it doesn't matter to me one way or another.  Whatever Ed wants to do is fine with me.  And whatever his loyal followers want to do (petition, new billboard, etc) is also fine with me.   You have a long history of ripping Ed to shreds on JI and now here.  I've never understood your fervor over it.  There are better battles to fight than this. 

LOL. I was trying to save her, I was offering her my hand to take her away from that madness.

Actually, I'm an idiot because I had season tickets right by Gate D since 2001 and I didn't discover the topless madness until 2007. In my attempt to avoid the halftime burping farting smoking drunks I deprived myself of some of the best fun I've ever had at Jets games. That scene was hysterical, it was like ancient Rome, why those girls lifted up their shirts I'll never know. And after one season of participating, boom, social media killed it. Bastards.

SAR I

Equally as funny was when people would drop money off the spirals in the middle and then inevitably, somebody would try and go pick it up... They would get drenched with beer, soda & everything else imaginable...

Jets fans weren't fighting with other Jets fans back then... It was fun... Camera phones and youtube killed it.

he cut and run when the team got bad-I dont fault him it can be very very frustrating watching your team suck for this long-I will say for sure he is a real fan-I had seats next to him right after the jets moved to "giants" stadium -with that being said he forgot in the end he was just a fan like everybody else-he tried to parlay his act for fame and fortune and then he could not take the heat that came along with it-as fans we have watched some great players call it day  from the jets  and retire - I think we can survive without Ed lol

He's human and he was physically abused in the rest room.  Cut him some slack.  

Again, it doesn't matter to me one way or another.  Whatever Ed wants to do is fine with me.  And whatever his loyal followers want to do (petition, new billboard, etc) is also fine with me.   You have a long history of ripping Ed to shreds on JI and now here.  I've never understood your fervor over it.  There are better battles to fight than this. 

Where was it ever said he was physically assaulted in the rest room?  I had heard he was harassed but not actually assaulted.  The same thing is being said on the fireidzik FB page.

Where was it ever said he was physically assaulted in the rest room?  I had heard he was harassed but not actually assaulted.  The same thing is being said on the fireidzik FB page.

He was threatened for sure and I'm not sure but I recall that he was shoved/pushed buy the two fans.  Could be my mistake.  No fan should be intimidated by others at the stadium in any way.  Needless to say.

The house used to rock when Fireman Ed did the J-E-T-S chant now not so much some can't even spell J-E-T-S its a no brainer bring back Ed whats disturbing is the abuse the guy took from so called Jets fans aren't we all rooting for the same results. 

Ed showed up regardless of the weather regardless of the game which is more than I can say for some. You dont like him sit down and shut up. The only way the J-E-T-S chant should continue is if Ed leads it if not stop it altogether and move on. 

The house used to rock when Fireman Ed did the J-E-T-S chant now not so much some can't even spell J-E-T-S its a no brainer bring back Ed whats disturbing is the abuse the guy took from so called Jets fans aren't we all rooting for the same results. 

Ed showed up regardless of the weather regardless of the game which is more than I can say for some. You dont like him sit down and shut up. The only way the J-E-T-S chant should continue is if Ed leads it if not stop it altogether and move on. 

The chant went on before him.  It will go on after him.  There are still fans chanting it every game when we are waiting to have our tickets scanned (I guess now rewards cards), up the escalators, in the parking lots, etc etc.  The new stadium and poor team performance have made the chant not as effective inside the actual stadium. 

We now have many fans buying tickets off Stubhub that are being sold by brokers.  The Jets sell a lot of their tickets off to them.  Anyone on here who buys a ticket off Stubhub (especially the upper deck) check the name on the ticket.  Good chance you will see Dynasty Sports and Entertainment, S4K Marketing, PrimeTix, DreamTix, etc on the name of the ticket.  Many more opposing fans who come in blocks now to the game since they can easily buy out several rows of seats.  Many teams now are selling blocks to brokers.  Barclays just got a $26 million deal with DreamTix for Nets and Islanders tickets.

Anyway yes the chant is still there it just needs to be back in the stadium.  While I am not a fan of Ed with the way he stops everyone to be quiet and then the chant, the West Side Stadium etc etc I still do the chant with the fans.  With Ed now in an end zone, and the stadium being double the size it used to be it's hard to see Ed.  If we had a 12-4 football team instead of 4-12 last year I'm sure the fans would have done more chants with whoever.

The chant went on before him.  It will go on after him.  There are still fans chanting it every game when we are waiting to have our tickets scanned (I guess now rewards cards), up the escalators, in the parking lots, etc etc.  The new stadium and poor team performance have made the chant not as effective inside the actual stadium. 

We now have many fans buying tickets off Stubhub that are being sold by brokers.  The Jets sell a lot of their tickets off to them.  Anyone on here who buys a ticket off Stubhub (especially the upper deck) check the name on the ticket.  Good chance you will see Dynasty Sports and Entertainment, S4K Marketing, PrimeTix, DreamTix, etc on the name of the ticket.  Many more opposing fans who come in blocks now to the game since they can easily buy out several rows of seats.  Many teams now are selling blocks to brokers.  Barclays just got a $26 million deal with DreamTix for Nets and Islanders tickets.

Anyway yes the chant is still there it just needs to be back in the stadium.  While I am not a fan of Ed with the way he stops everyone to be quiet and then the chant, the West Side Stadium etc etc I still do the chant with the fans.  With Ed now in an end zone, and the stadium being double the size it used to be it's hard to see Ed.  If we had a 12-4 football team instead of 4-12 last year I'm sure the fans would have done more chants with whoever.

The chant was originally started by a guy waving a towel blowing a whistle in the upper deck with Carhart coveralls as I remember it.

Clusters of drunk fans or prepubescent fans screaming the J-E-T-S chant is not replacing  what Firemen Ed once had like it or not. The players on the field acknowledged Ed all the time when he did the chant. 

The new stadium is not double the size as the old one what happened was dedicated diehard fans who were there week in and week out were replaced with many fair weather fans alot who only show up when the team is winning. 

Fireman Ed was dedicated being attacked and ridiculed for the way the Jets were playing wasn't fair to him 

We just got our forms back from our accountant, we owe $78,000 in taxes.  I'll be happy to show you at a Tailgate Joe event on opening day, perhaps once you believe me you can ignite a Kickstarter campaign to help us pay it down.

I would never begrudge anyone the ability to make money, but not at my expense, and I don't like it when opportunists think that all Jets fans are ignorant.  Some of us know what's going on.

SAR I

Oh, okay. 

I'll give you extra points for the bold, given that your whole schtick revolves around plucking the nerves of those same ignorant members of our fan base.

The chant was originally started by a guy waving a towel blowing a whistle in the upper deck with Carhart coveralls as I remember it.

Clusters of drunk fans or prepubescent fans screaming the J-E-T-S chant is not replacing  what Firemen Ed once had like it or not. The players on the field acknowledged Ed all the time when he did the chant. 

The new stadium is not double the size as the old one what happened was dedicated diehard fans who were there week in and week out were replaced with many fair weather fans alot who only show up when the team is winning. 

Fireman Ed was dedicated being attacked and ridiculed for the way the Jets were playing wasn't fair to him 

The players on the field don't care about the lineage of the chant, they care that the fans are cheering. Only Jet fans debate over the rights of passage of cheering and/or the validity of a cheerleader being on payroll or not... because only Jets fans are this miserable to not see the forest through the trees.

Lots of teams have cheerleaders. Lots of teams, if not all of them, compensate them. Old, bitter, jealous men whining about a guy who found a way to get compensated while doing something he loves.

I wonder if his passion was kung fu, or illustration, or yodeling, and he found a way to get compensated doing it if all the old balls in our fanbase would be this bound up.

I'll give you credit Sar, I disagree with you on this topic. But u don't run from all the ripping you are getting and don't waiver. I respect that. I am however not a fan of that ugly floppy Woody Johnson cap u were wearing.

You can't troll people very well if you run away as soon as you've found the right nerve to hit.

Archived