Bring Back Fireman Ed

Make me idSICK

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is impossible for you to troll me because I get your sense of humor and I find you hilarious... Lol

Now - I promise you if Ed comes back we can pool our finances.. Me with my imaginary Fireman Ed money and you can sell your imaginary BMW - and we will pay off the security guards and start that BringBackTheSpirals petition :)

I'm watching Birdman.  It is a very strange movie.

The Viral Spiral.  I dig.

SAR I

The real problem here is MetLife stadium is too busy trying to advertise stuff to us over the PA system, or blasting top 40 music too loud, to organize an effective J-E-T-S chant.

I have nothing against Ed and would welcome him back. But he is NOT the main issue here. It's the Jets organization and their horrible in-game operations. The fact that they experimented with different parts of the stadium saying different letters for 1 game last year shows you how clueless and out of touch they are. Is Neil Glat behind this sh*t?

Cliche #21:  When you have nothing to contribute to a thread but feel compelled to do so anyway, accuse the poster of pulling a discussion forum cliche.

SAR I

I contributed to the thread, making a perfectly succinct post about not caring either way, and suggesting others stop worrying about who the cheerleaders are. Then I began mocking you.

Cliche #67:  When you are losing a forum discussion, type a lot of words that say absolutely nothing and hope that no one reads it.

SAR I

You're hardly one to talk about clichés. I put you on the mat in 2 posts, and you've responded with a barrage of cliché accusations that comprise your entire persona. 

If I were losing an argument or losing a forum discussion, as you've now tried to position it twice, then there would have to be a point and counter point. 

Your point, when I joined the thread, was about Ed, Tailgate Joe and third person profiting from "ignorant" Jet fans. I chimed in NOT to argue that point, but to point out that a truly wealthy person's mindset would view their good fortune to capitalize on a hobby/passion as an admirable thing, while you viewed it as something to bitch about. Like a blue-collar schlub. I wasn't arguing with you. I was calling you a fraud. That said, if as you say you think I'm losing an argument to you... explain why you've backtracked and done a 180° on Ed, and now you've apologized to Joe.

lmfao... you aren't intelligent enough to go round for round with me. If you want to continue to post your clichés go for it, I'm sure others will get a chuckle out of seeing the blueprint for mediocre trolling according to SAR.

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop

This picture of SAR I is a classic reminds me of the nerds trying to be cool hanging out with the cool kids standing on the edge of trouble but still wanting to be there.  What us SAR I 4' 11" 

18g7cz.jpg

Far right. Looks like Sooth's profile, kinda.

lmfao... you aren't intelligent enough to go round for round with me. If you want to continue to post your clichés go for it, I'm sure others will get a chuckle out of seeing the blueprint for mediocre trolling according to SAR.

You and SAR going round for round is the blueprint for mediocre according to everyone.

The real problem here is MetLife stadium is too busy trying to advertise stuff to us over the PA system, or blasting top 40 music too loud, to organize an effective J-E-T-S chant.

I have nothing against Ed and would welcome him back. But he is NOT the main issue here. It's the Jets organization and their horrible in-game operations. The fact that they experimented with different parts of the stadium saying different letters for 1 game last year shows you how clueless and out of touch they are. Is Neil Glat behind this sh*t?

Neil Glat is most definitely behind what you described and I couldn't agree with you more. That is why his name was right next to Bradway and Idzik on our penalty flags. He just doesn't get it.

That said, he survived the purge and if one of the three guys we mentioned HAD to keep his job, I would have chosen him only because he has no effect in the on-field product. However, we have no problem stating publicly how we feel about his minor league promotions and ideas.

I contributed to the thread, making a perfectly succinct post about not caring either way, and suggesting others stop worrying about who the cheerleaders are. Then I began mocking you.

You're hardly one to talk about clichés. I put you on the mat in 2 posts, and you've responded with a barrage of cliché accusations that comprise your entire persona. 

If I were losing an argument or losing a forum discussion, as you've now tried to position it twice, then there would have to be a point and counter point. 

Your point, when I joined the thread, was about Ed, Tailgate Joe and third person profiting from "ignorant" Jet fans. I chimed in NOT to argue that point, but to point out that a truly wealthy person's mindset would view their good fortune to capitalize on a hobby/passion as an admirable thing, while you viewed it as something to bitch about. Like a blue-collar schlub. I wasn't arguing with you. I was calling you a fraud. That said, if as you say you think I'm losing an argument to you... explain why you've backtracked and done a 180° on Ed, and now you've apologized to Joe.

Yeah, you reached for another #67 a bit too quickly there, chief.

SAR I

Neil Glat is most definitely behind what you described and I couldn't agree with you more. That is why his name was right next to Bradway and Idzik on our penalty flags. He just doesn't get it.

That said, he survived the purge and if one of the three guys we mentioned HAD to keep his job, I would have chosen him only because he has no effect in the on-field product. However, we have no problem stating publicly how we feel about his minor league promotions and ideas.

After reading the article you just posted I agree a bit more about Ed coming back.  If he does can you promise to do another campaign to get rid of Glatt?  The biggest problem in this stadium is lack of ticket sales.  Instead we sell tickets in blocks to brokers at a discount that they sell in bulk on stubhub and to opposing fans 

In 2011 after the loss to the Giants I almost never came back again because of how rude they were and how security did nothing about it.  The next season I didn't pay my invoice until they moved me to row 1 of my section so I'd be away from the riff raff. 

After reading the article you just posted I agree a bit more about Ed coming back. If he does can you promise to do another campaign to get rid of Glatt? The biggest problem in this stadium is lack of ticket sales. Instead we sell tickets in blocks to brokers at a discount that they sell in bulk on stubhub and to opposing fans

In 2011 after the loss to the Giants I almost never came back again because of how rude they were and how security did nothing about it. The next season I didn't pay my invoice until they moved me to row 1 of my section so I'd be away from the riff raff.

I honestly think that it should be required that the person in charge of fan experience for the Jets should be a Jets season ticket holder. Hiring a corporate guy to push his idea of fun on fans that he/she doesn't understand - and hiring focus groups to get ideas is just ridiculous.

Kinda like the movie Big - the best person to figure out which toys will sell is a kid who plays with toys... It isn't a hard job... Glat and that entire department are to fun what Rex Ryan is to offense.

We already campaigned to get Glat out. They asked Fireman Ed to come back and he said no. We are campaigning to get him back and he is at least considering it. Do you know how absurd that is? These guys get paid huge money to do something I may be able to pull off by posting a 3 page website and setting up a petition.

I can't get anybody fired but what I can do is try to show the Jets that the stuff they try to force down the fans throats is awful and do it in a more public forum than their silly focus groups.

I honestly think that it should be required that the person in charge of fan experience for the Jets should be a Jets season ticket holder. Hiring a corporate guy to push his idea of fun on fans that he/she doesn't understand - and hiring focus groups to get ideas is just ridiculous.

Kinda like the movie Big - the best person to figure out which toys will sell is a kid who plays with toys... It isn't a hard job... Glat and that entire department are to fun what Rex Ryan is to offense.

We already campaigned to get Glat out. They asked Fireman Ed to come back and he said no. We are campaigning to get him back and he is at least considering it. Do you know how absurd that is? These guys get paid huge money to do something I may be able to pull off by posting a 3 page website and setting up a petition.

I can't get anybody fired but what I can do is try to show the Jets that the stuff they try to force down the fans throats is awful and do it in a more public forum than their silly focus groups.

Focus groups!? Is that what the Jets did? Nuts. Just absolutely nuts.

I attended a focus group this year.  Actually it is called a "Fan Advisory Board" lol.  Don't get me wrong the people are very nice but I don't think they took anything we said into consideration.  The rewards program only got worse not better.  They talked about adding more points to get people to swipe in even earlier.  I'd rather tailgate than get those bonus points and when I saw I could get a free pair of Jets ear muffs I am even less motivated to arrive early.

I attended a focus group this year.  Actually it is called a "Fan Advisory Board" lol.  Don't get me wrong the people are very nice but I don't think they took anything we said into consideration.  The rewards program only got worse not better.  They talked about adding more points to get people to swipe in even earlier.  I'd rather tailgate than get those bonus points and when I saw I could get a free pair of Jets ear muffs I am even less motivated to arrive early.

Woody was born and raised in a boardroom.  This kind of tone-deaf crap is not surprising.  Neil Glat is the same.

For as much as you type and post here one would think you could read the last two pages of this thread and catch yourself up.

SAR I

You saying something was uncalled for isn't an explanation as to why you did it.

It was uncalled for. As someone who has defended you when a lot of people were blasting you I was extremely disappointed in that post.

I got lumped in there! Nobody apologized to me... Lol....

And to be totally transparent, we haven't profited one penny from the sale of anything. We lost a little money on the Idzik campaign - we donated $1000 to pediatric cancer research in the name of the Idzik campaign - we aren't selling ANY Fireman Ed merchandise and the petition is absolutely free to anybody signing it - and any tshirts that we have sold have gone towards keeping all of these campaigns going.

I know people look at the fact we raised money and are currently selling things and assume we are making money on this. I don't even see why that would be an issue if we were considering all of the countless hours of work we have put in. But the fact is, we aren't making money on this stuff. it is the same mentailty that tries to create reasons to shame me (not a real Jets fan... Trying to get paid.. Etc) that makes it easy for me to relate to Ed.

Some people never want to listen to the truth though. They just believe what they want to. It is a shame.

Imagine the Bills at our place. Jets win the toss and elect to kick off. As the D walks on the feild Rocky theme music erupts and up stands Ed wairing the hat, the crowd erupts. The chant begins. Pan over to Bills sideline Rex has tears in his eyes, looks out his QB Matt Cassale, over to the Jets D. He starts to fantasize about the whole D Jets tattoo'd on his wife's ass. Realizes it's just a dream. First play Sheldon crushes Cassale, in comes EJ. Rex looks down. Shakes his head in disgust. His nightmare is about to begin J-E-T-S jets jets jets!

Don't forget Revis and Cro leading the team out of the tunnel!! MAYHEM!

5'9 which is disappointing but I drive a $60,000 BMW and that makes up for it.

SAR I

a 3/4 series is not going to make up for much-avg soccer mom drives one of them -if u want to impress people start with a 7 series and go from there

Fireman Ed, the Jets superfan who is the focus of BringBackEd.com to get him to put his iconic white helmet back on and lead the "J-E-T-S" chant, spoke after the site launched last week.

Long story, short: He didn't quite say no, but he wants to see someone younger than him take over. 

Here's what he told Metro's Krystian Dyer:

"I don't know. I told you the way I feel. Will I come back? I'd rather see someone else make that thing happen then me come back. I'd rather see them give a young guy a fair chance. If that thing needed my help, I'd help. If they needed my help I would try to help them in any way I can."

He added this about the response from fans signing the petition to Change.org, which has 2,242 supporters as of Monday morning:

"I'm honored, people want you back. It's an emotional thing, no doubt about it. My love for that team will never die. I never will quit on that team. I won't quit on this team I love. I stopped being Fireman Ed. That was my choice. I started Fireman Ed and I ended Fireman Ed. That was my choice. Did I want to? No, of course not. Did I leave because we were losing to the Patriots? No. That was just one of many times during the years that we lost and got crushed. There were a lot of circumstances. When you go into the bathroom and get accosted, it might be time to go. That time, I couldn't say it but now I can. When it comes to the point that you have to worry about your family, your well-being, it might be the time to move on. That's the reality of it. My love has never stopped."

If we had to put some green on whether the man better known as Ed Anzalone would come back, we'd say it sounds less than promising.

I speak for the 82,500 fans in MetLife Stadium who were given a ton of opportunities to embrace Fireman Ed and chose not to. We saw this first hand for three years. The crowd wasn't responding to him anymore. He used the Thanksgiving game on national TV to make a scene to embarrass the fans the way they embarrassed him, and that's unforgivable to most Jets fans. It's for the best that he's done.

SAR I

Thanks for the offer, but no need to speak for us.  The jets chant has been part of our history going back to Shea Stadium (pre-Ed and pre-you).  It is our signature and I would like to see it come back.  Before you ask, I go to every regular season game. 

Fireman Ed, the Jets superfan who is the focus of BringBackEd.com to get him to put his iconic white helmet back on and lead the "J-E-T-S" chant, spoke after the site launched last week.

Long story, short: He didn't quite say no, but he wants to see someone younger than him take over. 

Here's what he told Metro's Krystian Dyer:

"I don't know. I told you the way I feel. Will I come back? I'd rather see someone else make that thing happen then me come back. I'd rather see them give a young guy a fair chance. If that thing needed my help, I'd help. If they needed my help I would try to help them in any way I can."

He added this about the response from fans signing the petition to Change.org, which has 2,242 supporters as of Monday morning:

"I'm honored, people want you back. It's an emotional thing, no doubt about it. My love for that team will never die. I never will quit on that team. I won't quit on this team I love. I stopped being Fireman Ed. That was my choice. I started Fireman Ed and I ended Fireman Ed. That was my choice. Did I want to? No, of course not. Did I leave because we were losing to the Patriots? No. That was just one of many times during the years that we lost and got crushed. There were a lot of circumstances. When you go into the bathroom and get accosted, it might be time to go. That time, I couldn't say it but now I can. When it comes to the point that you have to worry about your family, your well-being, it might be the time to move on. That's the reality of it. My love has never stopped."

If we had to put some green on whether the man better known as Ed Anzalone would come back, we'd say it sounds less than promising.

my response/conversation with the author of the article:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-16%20at%2012.11.

Thanks for the offer, but no need to speak for us.  The jets chant has been part of our history going back to Shea Stadium (pre-Ed and pre-you).  It is our signature and I would like to see it come back.  Before you ask, I go to every regular season game. 

You must be the guy that pee's on BMW tires.

Archived