Jets file tampering charges against the Patriots

Matt39

I seriously cant believe what Im reading here.  The Jets are a petty pathetic organization with this ridiculous move.

Was the Patriots initial complaint stupid? Yes. But at least that one was before Revis was signed to a new deal.  Kraft talking about Revis after his new deal is a completely different animal.  Its all stupid and this just make the Jets look even more pathetic to the NFL.  

Stop being homers.  You're making us look like morons.

Chicks dig morons.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic SOJF type of response

The bold means absolutely nothing, the rule isn't just about players who are either FA, or could possibly be FA's, and just because Kraft made the comments after Revis signed a contract with the Jets doesn't excuse any NFL exec from commenting on a player that is under contract with another team, that is the tampering rule, and it is pretty clear.

Pathetic?  :rl:  screw you.  Im embarrassed by this team.  Im embarrassed by the fans supporting this petty garbage.

And the whole thing is stupid.  I pointed out the major difference between Krafts comments and the Jets comments.  Major difference even if both may be "tampering"  But hey, enjoy this all you want because obviously the Jets act like the little babies JN fans are.

Woody gonna' Woody.

Jets gonna' Jets.

Jet fans gonna' Jet fans.

The fact that you don't find this embarrassing doesn't even surprise me.

"Yes! Good job, Woody! I love this move! This is awesome!"

Epic fail.

You're giving us a draft pick. Bank on it.

Just continues to show the Napoleon complex Jets fans have over the Pats.  Its a sad fanbase.

That ******* bullsh*t, it was a dumb remark made by Woody in which he personally called up Kraft and apologized for. If anything's petty, it's the Pats for filing the charges when Woody apologized.

Get off the Pats nuts.

Its all petty and stupid.  The Jets reaction was a child who is being a little bitch.  Sad that Jet fans are such blind homers to not see this.  But hey...  Maybe Im just not as butthurt as the defenders here like you.  Sad.  Life is much nicer when youre not acting like a bitch who got wronged.

I seriously cant believe what Im reading here.  The Jets are a petty pathetic organization with this ridiculous move.

Was the Patriots initial complaint stupid? Yes. But at least that one was before Revis was signed to a new deal.  Kraft talking about Revis after his new deal is a completely different animal.  Its all stupid and this just make the Jets look even more pathetic to the NFL.  

Stop being homers.  You're making us look like morons.

I think your taking this a bit far Lil Bit . I think the Jets did this, not as a petty move but to avoid any possible loss of a draft pick. Would it have surprised you one bit if the NFL awarded the Pats one of our picks due to Woodys comments ? We've all seen the NFL prop up the Pats and cover up their bullsh!t for years. In this case Woody did the same exact thing to prevent the league from doing the Pats bidding. I don't think its Petty and I don't think its in the context some people on this site are making it out to be which seems to be what set you off.

I was thinking this before I read this tweet.  If  Woody saying he'd love Revis back is the basis around the Pats tamper charge, how isn't kraft saying he wished Revis  was still a Patriot not the same thing?

Um, one scenario Revis is signed for 5 years and in the other he was signed for one with a 25 million cap charge that the league knew he was no going to play for.  Kind of different.

You're right. I was wrong about Revis, because I didn't expect you to offer him 40 million dollars guaranteed and franchise quarterback money.

I didn't think your front office was that dumb. In retrospect, I don't know what I was thinking.

Jaguars, Raiders, Jets… this sort of stuff is just what teams like yours do.

In what world do you people live in where the Jets filing tampering charges for Kraft saying "we would of liked to keep Revis" is going to shield you from punishment from your REAL tampering? 

In what world do you live in where the NFL is going to say, "WHOA! WHAT A SWEET MOVE BY WOODY! WHAT STRATEGY! NOW WE CAN'T CHARGE THE JETS FOR TAMPERING!"

Your organization was guaranteed to have been in contact with Revis while he was still under contract. You had threads about it ALL OVER THIS FORUM for weeks. Then Revis is taking photographs of himself in Jets attire while the sun is still up when he wasn't even officially released until evening. Everybody knows the Jets were going after Revis while he was under contract with the Patriots.

So "WHOA! JETS FILED TAMPERING CHARGES TOO!!" isn't going to nullify your criminal shenanigans.

This isn't a "smart move" by Woody. If anything, I hope it pisses the league off for how stupid it is, and instead of giving us your 2nd or 3rd, we actually do get your first.

In what world do you people live in where the Jets filing tampering charges for Kraft saying "we would of liked to keep Revis" is going to shield you from punishment from your REAL tampering? 

In what world do you live in where the NFL is going to say, "WHOA! WHAT A SWEET MOVE BY WOODY! WHAT STRATEGY! NOW WE CAN'T CHARGE THE JETS FOR TAMPERING!"

Your organization was guaranteed to have been in contact with Revis while he was still under contract. You had threads about it ALL OVER THIS FORUM for weeks. Then Revis is taking photographs of himself in Jets attire while the sun is still up when he wasn't even officially released until evening. Everybody knows the Jets were going after Revis while he was under contract with the Patriots.

So "WHOA! JETS FILED TAMPERING CHARGES TOO!!" isn't going to nullify your criminal shenanigans.

This isn't a "smart move" by Woody. If anything, I hope it pisses the league off for how stupid it is, and instead of giving us your 2nd or 3rd, we actually do get your first.

Then put your money where your vagina is, loudmouth.

$50 to Wounded Warrior that never happens. You down? Loser has to make the donation in the name of "(Winner) is better at life than (Loser)"

Kinda like how the patriots had a contract in place with Revis the day he was released from Tampa Bay?

Good move by the Jets, if teams want to press this tampering issue there could be countless complaints filed each year.  A bigger one I would investigate is the report from one of the NFL reports that sources said the Pats were interested in Harvin which was said well before he was cut.

The end game of this will be a new set of rules or guidelines re tampering to clear this stuff up.

Here is a little history on the league and some rule changes and adjustments:

- The tuck rule, a rule no one knew about until it was called the one time in the biggest game of the year.  It was probably called a time or two since but I never once saw it called despite dozens of plays identical to the infamous call.  The rule gets dumped last year.

- The Brady low hit rule.  No rule existed, the year before Carson Palmer is hit low and late and gets his knee wrecked.  No rule change at all.  The next eyar Brady gets hurt with a low hit and immediately a new rule is put in for low hits on QBs.

- The Pats are videotapping other teams signals.  the league goes out of their way to tell all teams this is a no no.  the pats ignore this and we all know what happened.

- Edelman rule.  Teams are mandated to watch their players closely for concussion symptoms and voluntarily pull players if hurt.  The pats ignore edleman stumbling around after getting rocked and a new rule is now in place allowing the league to step in and remove a player.

- The lineman eligible rule.  The pats twist the rules so that now the leauge has had to institute a new rule not allowing an ineligible lineman to line up wide out.

- The deflated ball protocol.  Nothing new on this year but you can be sure process will be changed to ensure the leauge is in control of balls at all times.

- And now the tampering rule, an innocuous comment and an apology is enough for the pats to charge a team with tampering, the jets retaliate and a ton of other charges could be layed, the result will once again be a rule change.

The Pats have had a large effect on the league indeed.

IN WHAT WORLD do we live where an organization can film other team's practices (even before a SB)

and the evidence never comes out???

IN WHAT WORLD do we live where an organization can infringe on the integrity of the game by changing the

specs of equipment???

IN WHAT WORLD do we live where an organization puts millions of dollars into a serial killer's hand and bodies

drop all over Mass???

Stop all the drama NANCY you and your "sterling" organization aren't getting ANYTHING

Not really.  Do you see the amount of virgin mouth breathers we have around here?  

No. I don''t.  I just see the team I watch for entertainment being entertaining.  Im sure Woody and the rest of the owners are sick of the Patriot way of stretching the rules hiding comfortably behind the Kraft-Goodell extended family.  This is just a giant middle finger in my opinion and probably the least emabarrasing this franchise has done since Woody took over. 

No. I don''t. I just see the team I watch for entertainment being entertaining. Im sure Woody and the rest of the owners are sick of the Patriot way of stretching the rules hiding comfortably behind the Kraft-Goodell extended family. This is just a giant middle finger in my opinion and probably the least emabarrasing this franchise has done since Woody took over.

Starting to act like real rivals.

No. I don''t.  I just see the team I watch for entertainment being entertaining.  Im sure Woody and the rest of the owners are sick of the Patriot way of stretching the rules hiding comfortably behind the Kraft-Goodell extended family.  This is just a giant middle finger in my opinion and probably the least emabarrasing this franchise has done since Woody took over. 

Absolutely correct. However some on here like to preach from their little soapbox. A little silly really. 

Kinda like how the patriots had a contract in place with Revis the day he was released from Tampa Bay?

Yes, the day he released. The Patriots weren't floating to his agent and through the media that they wanted him, and Revis took less money to play here. One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

You know you were tampering with Revis, so why even bother denying it or trying to find some moral equivalency in past tense comments by Kraft?

Revis was never going to sign a long term deal with the Patriots because he knew you were going to give him franchise quarterback money while he was still under contract with the Patriots. You know you're guilty, but you're trying to play this silly game to pretend otherwise.

The hilarious irony here is that this forum had two threads always going at the same time for the last 2 months.

1. The Jets are going to sign Revis, sources say!

2. Patriots filing tampering charges! How ridiculous!

What time does the sun go down in New England? it goes down around 730pm in SC, Revis was a free man at 4pm...maby he just likes wearing Jets uniforms because it reminds him of a team that didn't have to cheat to make it into the playoffs?

What's really pathetic in this thread are the NE trolls and the self-hating Jet fans who don't

understand the principle going on here:

NE filing charges against another team is equivalent to Jack the Ripper going to the

police to file assault charges against someone

IN WHAT WORLD do we live where an organization can film other team's practices (even before a SB)

and the evidence never comes out???

IN WHAT WORLD do we live where an organization can infringe on the integrity of the game by changing the

specs of equipment???

The real world where none of these things happened.

Also,

Jets-Videotaping.jpg

What's really pathetic in this thread are the NE trolls and the self-hating Jet fans who don't

understand the principle going on here:

NE filing charges against another team is equivalent to Jack the Ripper going to the

police to file assault charges against someone

So because the Patriots were fined for taping signals in full view of 80,000 people, you're allowed to break league rules against the Patriots?

lmao

Archived