With many holes filled, could Jets be looking to trade to #`1

32EBoozer

Would the Jets go ALL in on a QB who Mayock thinks is the most NFL ready QB since Luck? He even grades him on par with Luck coming out of college. Just curious what you guys think? Haven't heard it discussed much. Despite his off field issues... Winston has a cannon and has played in a pro style offense.

No, because Tampa won't trade out.  

If Tampa believes he's the most NFL QB since Luck you couldn't give them enough to trade...the next two entire drafts wouldn't be enough.

I thought I'd read that Lovie said publicly that they'd be open to trading down.

Would the Jets go ALL in on a QB who Mayock thinks is the most NFL ready QB since Luck? He even grades him on par with Luck coming out of college. Just curious what you guys think? Haven't heard it discussed much. Despite his off field issues... Winston has a cannon and has played in a pro style offense.

Was thinking the exact same thing on my drive in to work this morning.  Why not?  QB is the last piece they need.

Was thinking the exact same thing on my drive in to work this morning.  Why not?  QB is the last piece they need.

This!! If they can pull it off for a (1)#6;(2) #37;(4)#107 and our 1st next year, I wouldn't kill MacDaddy for doing the deal.

Hopefully we'll be picking in the mid 20's next year.

it cost the redskins 3 #1's and a #2 to move from 6 to 2

no thanks

Just because the 'Skins got played for that extra #1 doesn't mean we will. It all depends on what TB is thinking... Doesn't hurt to offer if MacDaddy feels JW is our QB of the future. Never hurts to offer.

I'm an FSU fan and Winston is terrible for the nfl. I've seen every games he's played in college and there's way to many problems with his game.

Just because the 'Skins got played for that extra #1 doesn't mean we will. It all depends on what TB is thinking... Doesn't hurt to offer if MacDaddy feels JW is our QB of the future. Never hurts to offer.

wouldn't macdaddy feel silly if mariota gets picked #7 by the bears after giving up all that for winston ?

stick and pick

wouldn't macdaddy feel silly if mariota gets picked #7 by the bears after giving up all that for winston ?

stick and pick

Not sure you can compare Winston and Marriota. Wouldn't MacDaddy feel like an idiot taking MM @6 and he's still riding the pine 3 years from now?

Anyway, I was just throwing this topic out there to see how everyone viewed Winston. I can see from the small sample size that most would rather pass on QB in round 1.

I personally would rather Cooper or either Fowler, Beasley 

winston has way more bust potential than mariota, that's not even worth discussing

mariota may turn into a career back up, but winston could be the next ryan leaf

the catch 22 is any QB prospect worth trading up for isn't available because the team with the #1 pick needs a QB 99.999999% of the time

I thought I'd read that Lovie said publicly that they'd be open to trading down.

Sure they would and all it would take it Green Bay to give them Rodgers and 2 firsts, or the Colts to give them Luck and a 1st, They would take a trade like that but nothing that the Jets or most other teams would offer them.

Sure they would and all it would take it Green Bay to give them Rodgers and 2 firsts, or the Colts to give them Luck and a 1st, They would take a trade like that but nothing that the Jets or most other teams would offer them.

No

Mayock now rates MM ahead of Jameis

It must have been a Thursday.  They flip flop everything constantly for hits.

You did read it. 

Eh.  I don't think he said they would trade down.  I think he made a veiled reference by not saying they were taking Jameis.  Everybody saw it as a for sale sign.  It may have been, but it was more "Make me sell" than "Fire Sale!"

“I can see why people would assume we’re gonna take a quarterback,” Smith said. “There are two excellent quarterbacks that are available at the top and when you get a chance to draft someone like that, most of the time, people do. But there are other good players in the draft also. I think it’s a deep draft for defensive line. Like last year, there are a lot of great receivers that are coming out. I think, just overall, the amount of athletes coming into each incoming class, it’s pretty deep for players that can make an immediate impact.”

It must have been a Thursday.  They flip flop everything constantly for hits.

Eh.  I don't think he said they would trade down.  I think he made a veiled reference by not saying they were taking Jameis.  Everybody saw it as a for sale sign.  It may have been, but it was more "Make me sell" than "Fire Sale!"

I can see why some people view it that way though. If Lovie isn't BSing, he's naming several positions the Bucs might be interested in that will be available after number one overall, but you're right...he didn't come right out and say the pick is available.  That being said...everybody has a price.

I can see why some people view it that way though. If Lovie isn't BSing, he's naming several positions the Bucs might be interested in that will be available after number one overall, but you're right...he didn't come right out and say the pick is available.  That being said...everybody has a price.

Exactly.  IMO that statement was a "Hey, if you want to be all Redskins for RGIII, make me an offer"  It wasn't an indication that they don't want WInston or are actively looking to trade out. 

This!! If they can pull it off for a (1)#6;(2) #37;(4)#107 and our 1st next year, I wouldn't kill MacDaddy for doing the deal.

Hopefully we'll be picking in the mid 20's next year.

With an aging line and needs at the LB position I can't see us giving up all those picks.  On the other hand without a QB it wouldn't matter.

Archived