6th Pick

Miss Lonelyhearts

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCU doesnt count, he was hurt in 1st qtr,  vs Arkansas the whole team stunk up joint

Simply stating the production as a counter point.  Paradis listed two games in which White didn't rack it up.  I posted two in which Cooper did not rackit up.

1. Fowler

2. White

3. Dupree

4. Gregory

5. Collins

This pretty much sums up what I'm seeing here. Everybody has problems. Who knows if Collins is really even the best lineman? Gregory's a pothead, Dupree has horrific agility numbers and is kind of a projection here, Fowler, bad measurables and limited body of work, White another one-year guy, suspect system.

Hopefully the quarterbacks go and Williams falls to Oakland leaving Cooper.

Assume the first five picks are:

1. Mariota

2. Winston

3. Williams

4. Cooper

5. Beasley

Who are your first and second choices at 6? Two names, in order, no trades.

1)White

2)Fowler Jr.

I pray the NY Jets don't take Beasley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pretty much sums up what I'm seeing here. Everybody has problems. Who knows if Collins is really even the best lineman? Gregory's a pothead, Dupree has horrific agility numbers and is kind of a projection here, Fowler, bad measurables and limited body of work, White another one-year guy, suspect system.

Cooper will be the best player of this draft. He is destined for greatness

The JETS have picked defense for the past 7 first round picks or something like that.

I really hope its offense.

I know its easy to feel this way, I do too.  But you got to check the history at the door.  Whole new regime and just b/c the previous regimes picked defense doesn't mean or should they evaluate picking defense again this year based on this.

I feel the FA period rly allowed us tons of flexibility in this years draft.  Previous years I've been screaming offense offense offense but right now I feel the Jets can't make a bad pick, whichever side of the ball its on.

For me I would go Fowler.

I know its easy to feel this way, I do too.  But you got to check the history at the door.  Whole new regime and just b/c the previous regimes picked defense doesn't mean or should they evaluate picking defense again this year based on this.

I feel the FA period rly allowed us tons of flexibility in this years draft.  Previous years I've been screaming offense offense offense but right now I feel the Jets can't make a bad pick, whichever side of the ball its on.

For me I would go Fowler.

I beg to differ. Our only addition to the anemic passing game has been an aging 30 plus year old Brandon Marshall who was plagued with injuries last season and had a below par season.

Now i hope he was the Brandon Marshall of yore racking up 1000 plus year seasons but that thinking would be based on PURE hope. JETS need to add to their offense. WR for various reasons is a glaring need going into this draft.

It's just a spotty bunch up top, really. It comes down to ranking the percent chance these things happen:

--Jameis Winston ends up becoming JR Smith

--Fowler is really just Jarvis Jones

--Dupree never figures it out

--Mariota melts down when NFL players scream at him in the huddle

--Gregory refuses to stay off the kind and Goodell fetishes his demise

The only guys that appear to be clean are Williams and Cooper. I'd imagine White is the next guy on that list because he's physical to go along with the measurables, so he won't get pimp-smacked all over the field. 

It's just a spotty bunch up top, really. It comes down to the percent chance these things happen:

--Jameis Winston ends up becoming JR Smith

--Fowler is really just Jarvis Jones

--Dupree never figures it out

--Mariota melts down when NFL players scream at him in the huddle

--Gregory refuses to stay off the kind and Goodell fetishes his demise

The only guys that appear to be clean are Williams and Cooper. I'd imagine White is the next guy on that list because he's physical to go along with the measurables, so he won't get pimp-smacked all over the field. 

Would you jump from 6 to 3 to get Cooper?

Would you jump from 6 to 3 to get Cooper?

No, because we're actually pretty good at receiver to start with, and there are a bunch of nice receivers that are going in the 2nd and 3rd round (Agholor, Lockett, Perriman, Coates, Dorsett, etc) that I like. I get the impression that the Jets really, really, really want someone to come up and take the sixth pick off of their hands. I'm expecting a crazy top ten this year because of the pass rushers and Mariota. 

No, because we're actually pretty good at receiver to start with, and there are a bunch of nice receivers that are going in the 2nd and 3rd round (Agholor, Lockett, Perriman, Coates, Dorsett, etc) that I like. I get the impression that the Jets really, really, really want someone to come up and take the sixth pick off of their hands. I'm expecting a crazy top ten this year because of the pass rushers and Mariota. 

:Maccagnan reads post, looks up from computer and addresses men surrounding his desk:

"He's on to us."

:Slams computer:

Here's the rub you could pass up on next Jerry Rice and move down and pick up the next aaron dropson or god forbid the next Stephen Hill

And Trent Richardson is Walter Payton.

Cooper is not lazy, Richardson stopped working and got fat and lost his desire.  Cooper maybe the hardest worker ever to come out of Bama. If you ever heard him speak, you would know he is the real deal

Cooper is not lazy, Richardson stopped working and got fat and lost his desire. Cooper maybe the hardest worker ever to come out of Bama. If you ever heard him speak, you would know he is the real deal

I was talking to a guy once who told me that Bryn Renner was a second rounder.

Fowler, then White.  It's a win either way.

Fowler would be the guy. Bowles can feature him in a lot of different ways that I hope will give Brady sleepless nights before playing the Jets. White is a speed guy that caught a high percentage of passes a few yards from the LOS. They run the read option there and White ran tons of screens and slants and not much else. Yeah, he got a lot of YAC yards, but that was college. This is the NFL. I think White will be marginalized a little bit at this level.

Archived