Odell Beckham Jr. on Cover of Madden 16

Jetsmanjb

The finalists to be on the cover of Madden 16 were Odell Beckham Jr. and Rob Gronkowski.  It's pretty ridiculous to think that Gronk would lose to a rookie who hasn't even played a full season in the NFL yet.  Even though I'm in disbelief over Gronk losing, the only real reason that I'm okay with it is because of the Madden curse.  

I'm pretty shocked by how Odell Beckham has risen to stardom so quickly... He makes one unique catch and suddenly is the most valued player on the Giants roster next to Eli ?  I can't understand why this kid is talked about as much as he is. In my opinion it's just setting Odell up for a big failure, I think he's going to turn into a complete bust.   

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was more than one good catch,.he showed up in October and saved the whole coaching staff's jobs. By seasons end he was probably one of the top 3 or 4 offensive players ( non QB's ) in the league.

he was more than one good catch,.he showed up in October and saved the whole coaching staff's jobs. By seasons end he was probably one of the top 3 or 4 offensive players ( non QB's ) in the league.

Exactly...dude was incredible.

He has speed but he will also get lit up by any big DB... he was an average wideout on a 6-10 team... I mean are you really that easily persuaded by the media? They love putting the giants up on a pedestal 

He has speed but he will also get lit up by any big DB... he was an average wideout on a 6-10 team... I mean are you really that easily persuaded by the media? They love putting the giants up on a pedestal 

Averaged just under 110 ypg as a rookie...are you being serious right now?

I'm assuming your kidding

Actually averaged just under 135 ypg after slow start in his first three NFL games.  Legit shot at 1,700 yards as a rookie if he'd played every game.

Actually averaged just under 135 ypg after slow start in his first three NFL games.  Legit shot at 1,700 yards as a rookie if he'd played every game.

Not to mention he did it without cruz taking some pressure off him. Now i know why my dad was so giddy when i took jordan matthews in our rookie dynasty draft one spot before he took beckham. It will live on forever as our leagues sam bowie moment as my dad looks to three peat this year.

Not to mention he did it without cruz taking some pressure off him. Now i know why my dad was so giddy when i took jordan matthews in our rookie dynasty draft one spot before he took beckham. It will live on forever as our leagues sam bowie moment as my dad looks to three peat this year.

Imagine what they'll be able to do if Cruz is back and healthy.  I was scared they'd grab Dorial Green-Beckham in 2nd round and be essentially unstoppable.

Matthews wasn't a bad pick BTW...I think he'll put up good numbers in year two with Chip.

Imagine what they'll be able to do if Cruz is back and healthy. I was scared they'd grab Dorial Green-Beckham in 2nd round and be essentially unstoppable.

Matthews wasn't a bad pick BTW...I think he'll put up good numbers in year two with Chip.

I have tons of WR2s was able to ship vjax, larry fitzgerald, djax and demayrius thomas to contenders in exchange for watkins, cooks, leveon bell, mark ingram, and drew brees (who i then traded for harvin... an hour before he ran himself out of SEA and landed with the hapless Jets). I always do that. One trade too many.

Imagine what they'll be able to do if Cruz is back and healthy. I was scared they'd grab Dorial Green-Beckham in 2nd round and be essentially unstoppable.

Eli is the furthest thing from unstoppable... In regards to Beckham all i gotta say is madden curse.

I still don't understand why the Jets didn't draft this guy... he was right there and we could have had him!!!!

I honestly feel like crying right now.

Thanks Idzik.

Beckham was chosen by the Giants at pick #12.  The Jets chose Pryor at pick #18.  How was OBJ "right there"?  Idzik would have had to trade up.  You want to blame someone?  Blame Rex for beating Miami in week 17 two years ago. Had the Jets not had that meaningless win (which, even worse, saved Rex's job), the Jets would have selected AHEAD of the NY Giants.

The only way to make up for that mistake would have been picking Amari Cooper this year. He was right there and we could have had him!!!  Thanks Idzik

Taking Williams will be better long-term, IMO, than going with Cooper.

Marshall is still pretty solid and will give us 2-3 more good years. Overall, I'd take our WR corps over the Giants right now... particularly if Smith turns into something halfway decent.

Archived