Jets Acquire TE Arthur Lynch on Waivers

BurnleyJet

Looks like Bowles an't to happy with the Tight Ends.

The Jets today acquired tight end Arthur Lynch on waivers.

Lynch was the fifth-round pick (No. 155 overall) of Miami in the 2014 draft out of Georgia. He had 56 career receptions for 907 yards and eight touchdowns for the Bulldogs and was an All-Southeastern Conference first-team selection as a redshirt senior.

The 6'5", 258-pounder spent his NFL rookie season on injured reserve with a back injury. The Dolphins released him Monday.

Lynch fills the roster spot that opened when the Jets released punter Jake Schum. Schum, in his second Green & White training camp, had four punts in the preseason opener at Detroit with a gross average of 51.3 yards/punt and a net of 41.8.

http://m.newyorkjets.com/s/30844/260?itemPos=1&itemUri=1038676585%2F1581397514112111362891437110

Yo they must really not be happy with Jace .. Hopefully it's a camp body situation but lynch can play he solid at Georgia. He doesn't do anything special .. But decent blocker and decent short to mid level Reciever when asked .

What makes you think it's Jace? We will carry more than one TE.

Aren't Amaro and Cumberland nicked up?

Yo they must really not be happy with Jace .. Hopefully it's a camp body situation but lynch can play he solid at Georgia. He doesn't do anything special .. But decent blocker and decent short to mid level Reciever when asked .

With Amaro out 1 week plus, and Maneri being out right now, that means 3 available TE's in camp, they needed a body, and wound up getting a solid addition with some ability thanks to his release from Miami.

What makes you think it's Jace? We will carry more than one TE.

Aren't Amaro and Cumberland nicked up?

I haven't heard one good thing about Jace all camp . Then he is #3 on depth chart .. I get there's no H back slot but even so you would think he would be listed as the #2 TE ok this team?

Cumby definetly has #1 locked up tho from everything I hear . Not sure how he did it but he did lol

I could be completely wrong on this .. Just something I been observing from a far ..

With Amaro out 1 week plus, and Maneri being out right now, that means 3 available TE's in camp, they needed a body, and wound up getting a solid addition with some ability thanks to his release from Miami.

Forgot he got banged up recently

It'd be nice to have a TE that could block reasonably well, because all our TEs are garbage at blocking. And that's the reason that I believe Bohannon still deserves a roster spot; he is probably our best--and perhaps only--capable blocker outside of our O-line. Howsare, I think, looked okay at blocking, but I wouldn't count on him.

Amaro has a sprained shoulder

One one hand I have a hard, really hard time imagining the Jets cutting Amaro but the CS really does not like him, and Bohannon has value at the HB spot Jace is supposed to play and got praised today. Course that could mean they are trading Bohannon to the Bills.

One one hand I have a hard, really hard time imagining the Jets cutting Amaro but the CS really does not like him, and Bohannon has value at the HB spot Jace is supposed to play and got praised today. Course that could mean they are trading Bohannon to the Bills.

Bowles was talking up Bohannon today too. Its hard to imagine Amaro has fallen that out of favor but nothing would shock me from those Idzik drafts at this point. 

Based on what?

Based on what?

Burying him on the depth chart, having him run mostly with the threes in camps based on reports and not even getting in the first preseason game until very late. It could all be psychology to motivate him as well, seems to be working with Kerley.

Except Amaro doesn't suck and is much, much better than the scrub they just signed.

We wouldn't know.  He hasn't been on the field enough to tell.  And when he has been, the results have been mixed.  It could be the Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller, Doug Jolley show all over again.  It makes no difference who the GM is either.  We haven't had an offensive advantage at TE since Mickey Shuler.  That is a very long time ago.  

We wouldn't know.  He hasn't been on the field enough to tell.  And when he has been, the results have been mixed.  It could be the Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller, Doug Jolley show all over again.  It makes no difference who the GM is either.  We haven't had an offensive advantage at TE since Mickey Shuler.  That is a very long time ago.

Fair enough, he's only had one year. But he played better as the season went on. Point is after one season and what he's shown saying he sucks is kind of ridiculous

That he's better than Lynch? Yeah we do, he is. The guy who should be worried about Lynch is Davis, who reeeeeeeally sucks.

Amaro will be utilized properly by Gailey. He's a mismatch nightmare for LBs and DBs. Patience, Amaro will turn the corner sooner rather than later.

I really hoping for that . He has the physical tools to do it . His speed and quickness are very unique . Not Keller fast but quicker than him way more agile ..

I understand your point and although neither of them were much in the blocking game I do think you would have to concede that both Dustin Keller and Johnny Mitchel were decent offensive TEs for us.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12833-1426647088-9.

Thanks for bringing up these scrubs. 

Buried on the depth chart with a new staff and then bows out with a shoulder injury. Sounds like a guy on the bubble to me.

Amaro is not buried on the depth chart.  He's the #1 H back.  Since there is not H position on the depth chart, they list him as the third TE. 

Amaro is not buried on the depth chart.  He's the #1 H back.  Since there is not H position on the depth chart, they list him as the third TE. 

That's what I was going to say...I thought they officially switched his position.  He's still soft as hell.  

Lynch was a beast at Georgia.  Solid 3 down TE.  Sprung Gurley loose a ton of times on the edge and could go out and pick up some first downs in the passing game.  He's not dynamic but he might not just be camp fodder assuming he's over his injury. 

Archived