Fitzpatrick Fitzpatrick'd

Saul Goodman

15/24, 179 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT. 

Though I expect him to play better as the season goes on, we can win with performances like this. He's got the arm to get the ball to the receivers, contrary to what I've been reading for weeks. And he didn't kill us with turnovers. I don't see us needing Geno under center, ever again. 

Correct

fwiw, cleveland has one of the best secondary's in the NFL and the gamplan was super conservative.   31-10 without Richardson and Devin Smith is a great start to the season.  in fact, I'm no sure we could ask for a better start.    

obvious room for improvement, but Fitz didn't give the game away and made the throws he had to make.   this team is going to surprise some people, especially when richardson and smith get back.  

And trust me, that INT save by Brandon Marshall changed the game around for us. That would have been a crazy momentum booster, especially if they would have gotten any points out of it.

+10.  My thoughts exactly.  I wonder what Geno would have looked like the last couple of years if he had Brandon Marshall or someone like him to throw to.  Kerley was Geno's best receiver the last couple of years, and he barely makes this team.

No matter, Fitz is the man now, and if he can take advantage of his situation, good for him.    Just as long as we keep on a playoff pace, I'm happy.

agreed.  he played to his reputation. takes dumb risks , but makes enough quality throws to keep you interested

I loved the TD throw to marshall, he used marshalls' size beautifully. brandon made joe haden looked like van gundy on mournings leg, lol

he still needs more time with the WR's to develop chemistry with them.  if he had been the man since april I think we would have seen even better today

fwiw, cleveland has one of the best secondary's in the NFL and the gamplan was super conservative.   31-10 without Richardson and Devin Smith is a great start to the season.  in fact, I'm no sure we could ask for a better start.    

obvious room for improvement, but Fitz didn't give the game away and made the throws he had to make.   this team is going to surprise some people, especially when richardson and smith get back.  

No game is easy in the NFL and you cant control who you play.  Beating a team 31-10 and 7 of it coming on either what was absolutely terrible coverage or a miscommunication on the secondary, is a great game.  2 rushing TD's, 2 passing TD's, 5 turnovers - that's a pretty sound and balanced game.

Definitely some things that need to get tightened up but that was all you could ask for today.

+10.  My thoughts exactly.  I wonder what Geno would have looked like the last couple of years if he had Brandon Marshall or someone like him to throw to.  Kerley was Geno's best receiver the last couple of years, and he barely makes this team.

No matter, Fitz is the man now, and if he can take advantage of his situation, good for him.    Just as long as we keep on a playoff pace, I'm happy.

The answer is about the same. Geno is the worst QB the jets have started in 20 years.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

he didn't get dumped. he was traded by a team with a log jam of 3 or 4 non franchise qb's and this one coming off an injury. made sense for them. fwiw, cleveland has a decent defense.could care less about mariotta

Same diff, you don't give up a great qb. By your own words, he couldn't beat out a shed full of hacks in Houston.

He wasn't long-term starter material anywhere he played. His stinkers outweighed his superb games. 

Wait till he flubs up a few; this place is gonna be hilarious.

Oh, and "could care less" means you care.

Same diff, you don't give up a great qb. By your own words, he couldn't beat out a shed full of hacks in Houston.

He wasn't long-term starter material anywhere he played. His stinkers outweighed his superb games. 

couldn't care less. is that better? cool. nobody is saying fitz is great. why does every debate lead to this statement? then the inevitable "ya.he did alright, but".how about we waite till he plays a stinker for the jets, before we predict how hilarious this board will be when he does

What I mean is I don't think we're an elite team with Fitz. It would take a Brees/Rodgers/Rivers to put us close to that bracket. We should be able to compete for a playoff spot.

If we had this version of Fitz on that 2010 team we probably win the division and would be one of the top seeds. 

Not really.

Sanchez: 3200+ yards, 20TDs, 14 Turnovers

Beard:  3000 yards, 23 TDs, 20 turnovers. 

And 2010 was Beards best season as a pro and it was still not better than Sanchez. Most of the Jets offensive guys from 2010 were either out of the league or ineffective by 2013 so let's not take away the credit Sanchez deserved for that year and beating Manning and Brady back to back. 

Not really.

Sanchez: 3200+ yards, 20TDs, 14 Turnovers

Beard:  3000 yards, 23 TDs, 20 turnovers. 

And 2010 was Beards best season as a pro and it was still not better than Sanchez. Most of the Jets offensive guys from 2010 were either out of the league or ineffective by 2013 so let's not take away the credit Sanchez deserved for that year and beating Manning and Brady back to back. 

Playing for Rex is the ultimate PED. You get all hyped up and play out of your cleats until you crash and are out of football a year later with a tiny wiener and no teeth.

As long as our defense can keep us in games, then we'll see the better side of Fitz. It's when he's playing catchup on offense that he gravitates towards the mistakes, from what I've seen. I don't have stats that support the observation, but most QBs make more mistakes when they are pressing, so it's par for the course, imo.

You know what was a nice feeling?

When he dropped back, my heart didn't drop into my stomach. It did with Geno, Sanchez and even the late season with Favre. Always with Pennington. We have had a long line of QBs that just scared you when you knew a throw was coming.

As long as our defense can keep us in games, then we'll see the better side of Fitz. It's when he's playing catchup on offense that he gravitates towards the mistakes, from what I've seen. I don't have stats that support the observation, but most QBs make more mistakes when they are pressing, so it's par for the course, imo.

The was an article I posted kicking around the end of last season that said that you WANT a QB that makes more mistakes when playing catchup.  They had statistical proof that more INTs = more wins.  Numbers are gay, so I can't say how well I understood it, but they were saying part of Rodgers statistical dominance costs him wins by failing to take chances for comebacks.

15/24, 179 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT. 

Though I expect him to play better as the season goes on, we can win with performances like this. He's got the arm to get the ball to the receivers, contrary to what I've been reading for weeks. And he didn't kill us with turnovers. I don't see us needing Geno under center, ever again. 

Agreed.   I am "slightly wondering" if manziel played a little better, where would we be.  he was terrible.  The McCown fumble in the end zone and one less pick and the game is so different.

The was an article I posted kicking around the end of last season that said that you WANT a QB that makes more mistakes when playing catchup.  They had statistical proof that more INTs = more wins.  Numbers are gay, so I can't say how well I understood it, but they were saying part of Rodgers statistical dominance costs him wins by failing to take chances for comebacks.

It's why the 49ers were happy to see Alex Smith go and why Chiefs fans will ultimately be left disappointed.  QB's have to be willing to take shots to at least keep a defense honest. 

I didn't read the article but it does make some sense. A TD is more beneficial than an INT is harmful. Which QB is probably better?

QB #1: 16 TDs, 6 INT

QB #2: 24 TDs, 12 INTs

I would take #2 in a hearbeat even though TD to INT ratio is worse.

Agreed.   I am "slightly wondering" if manziel played a little better, where would we be.  he was terrible.  The McCown fumble in the end zone and one less pick and the game is so different.

Games and seasons can flip on a few seconds of action. Remember Cruz getting by Cro for a 99-yd touchdown a few minutes before halftime? That play had serious aftereffects for both clubs.

Sounds very Harvard-ey.

Most sane posters realize Fitz is an upgrade for us. Just a few vocal morons like Jet Nut kept saying the season was over when Geno went down.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

I never said that.  Ever.  Learn how to read 

Mental midgets like you read Geno will be starting again and comprehend that as Fitz sucks.  GFY.  

Hey, early on the Browns looked rather mighty, slicing up our defense and stuffing our run. But Fitz did his part keeping the passing game viable.  Teams win games and our QB did what I think we all hoped he would do today.

they started the game off selling out to stuff the run and dare the Jets to throw.  Fitz did a good job, forced them to back off on 7 in the box and then the Jets went back to the run.  They dictated play

• 2 months later...

couldn't care less. is that better? cool. nobody is saying fitz is great. why does every debate lead to this statement? then the inevitable "ya.he did alright, but".how about we waite till he plays a stinker for the jets, before we predict how hilarious this board will be when he does.

-^-^- Bump

Archived