Question To Kick Around

KRL

Considering that Pryor got hurt in the second half of the NE game and missed the
OAK game, is he the reason the defense has looked so bad the last 5 quarters???
He definitely improved in coverage, open field tackling and Bowles was using him
in a hybrid S/LB role.  Could he be that big of a key to the defense???  Something
to discuss

Considering that Pryor got hurt in the second half of the NE game and missed the
He definitely improved in coverage, open field tackling and Bowles was using him
in a hybrid S/LB role.  Could he be that big of a key to the defense???  Something
to discuss

No.

The defense wasn't aggressive, showed poor fundamentals on tackling, blew assignments, and generally didn't do their jobs. I'm happy Pryor has improved, but he's not the lynchpin or reason they laid down.

More likely their all ******* soft and couldn't handle the going from Foxboro to the Black Hole in consecutive weeks.

******* soft.

No.

The defense wasn't aggressive, showed poor fundamentals on tackling, blew assignments, and generally didn't do their jobs. I'm happy Pryor has improved, but he's not the lynchpin or reason they laid down.

More likely their all ******* soft and couldn't handle the going from Foxboro to the Black Hole in consecutive weeks.

******* soft.

not as irate in tone, but I agree emphatically.  

The piss poor tackling - I saw the game for first time last night - really killed us in the first half. As much as I can't stand Geno, he settled down as did the defense, but the deficit was too large to overcome with that QB on the field. 

not as irate in tone, but I agree emphatically.  

The piss poor tackling - I saw the game for first time last night - really killed us in the first half. As much as I can't stand Geno, he settled down as did the defense, but the deficit was too large to overcome with that QB on the field. 

Yep.

By the 4th quarter, the opportunities were there to tie it up, especially against their sh*t pass defense... but Geno running backwards and taking sacks made sure that didn't happen.

to discuss

I was going to write an article on this exact premise.

It is scary to think about, but he is having a great season. Seeing him cover Gronk was surprising. Seeing how effective Gronk was after Pryor got hurt and how bad the d looked last week....head scratcher. Pryor's stock is skyrocketing.

I don't think Pryor's absence excuses Cro's sh*tty play, but the fact that the Jets had to replace a guy having a great year with Marcus Williams- a guy who's never played safety before.. and looked horrible and out of position doing it- definitely didn't have a positive effect on the defense.

Jets fans are obsessing out the defense, did you guys not see the NO/NYG game? 

if you haven't the league is putting it on endless replay on the NFL Network. It's their ideal football game. 

That's what the league wants. Points and points and points and points. For the fantasy, the fanduels, the over/unders etc. It's all about points. 

Sure, we can talk about Calvin Pryor and if the defense is blitzing too much, or how they need a pass rusher OLB or blah blah blah. 

but bottom line letting up 34 isn't bad, if you score 42. That's the NFL in 2015. Defense is obsolete.  

Sometimes I think we Jets fans talk about defense it because we don't want to talk about the tire fire at QB. 

But those SEA/DAL 13-12 games are not what the league wants, what they want is the 101 combined points. They want records broken every week. If your team can't do that, your team isn't a real contender.  not in 2015. In 1995 or 1985, maybe that would have worked. 

Jets fans are obsessing out the defense, did you guys not see the NO/NYG game? 

if you haven't the league is putting it on endless replay on the NFL Network. It's their ideal football game. 

That's what the league wants. Points and points and points and points. For the fantasy, the fanduels, the over/unders etc. It's all about points. 

Sure, we can talk about Calvin Pryor and if the defense is blitzing too much, or how they need a pass rusher OLB or blah blah blah. 

but bottom line letting up 34 isn't bad, if you score 42. That's the NFL in 2015. Defense is obsolete.  

Sometimes I think we Jets fans talk about defense it because we don't want to talk about the tire fire at QB. 

But those SEA/DAL 13-12 games are not what the league wants, what they want is the 101 combined points. They want records broken every week. If your team can't do that, your team isn't a real contender.  not in 2015. In 1995 or 1985, maybe that would have worked. 

I don't disagree with regard the direction the league is heading and what kind of football they're promoting.... But obviously we're a team whose strength is defense and who (prior to the Oakland game) had played pretty damn good defense all year. That game was eye opening -- we got completely smoked from the very first possession and had no answers. I think it's fair to wonder why the huge regression, regardless of any talent on the Oakland offense.

I don't think Pryor's absence excuses Cro's sh*tty play, but the fact that the Jets had to replace a guy having a great year with Marcus Williams- a guy who's never played safety before.. and looked horrible and out of position doing it- definitely didn't have a positive effect on the defense.

This. And Cromartie should be fined for his lax tackling. Just horrible. Even Revis looked bad -- playing soft and getting burned by a rook.

No.

******* soft.

Like baby Poo.  Too soft to even fling.

We gave up a lot of points to NE because they're NE in their house.  We gave up a lot of points to OAK because we were clearly jetlagged, slow and probably hung over from the Pats game.  We never play well in OAK.  Never.  There's something to that whether we want to admit it or not. 

to discuss

I brought that up right after the game Sunday, wondering if Pryor went from bust to the straw that stirs the drink.

Archived