Broncos D - Best since 2000 Ravens

drdetroit

you can't invoke 2000 ravens unless teams are actually afraid to play them

they shut out 4 teams during the regular season and were giving up only 60 yards rushing per game and gave up 165 points for the SEASON

denver is giving up 90 yards a game rushing, has given up 112 points in 7 games and not a single shut out

c'mon man

they shut out 4 teams during the regular season and were giving up only 60 yards rushing per game and gave up 165 points for the SEASON

denver is giving up 90 yards a game rushing, has given up 112 points in 7 games and not a single shut out

c'mon man

game is different now...even from only 15 years ago. 2000 ravens dont only give up 165 points in todays game either. the rules have progressively become so pro-offense that defense has almost become optional for some teams as they have decided to just try to outscore their opponents instead of actually really being able to stop them

JETS is giving up 78 :unsure: --just saying

jets can't rush the passer.  the ravens would stuff the run then kill your QB

game is different now...even from only 15 years ago. 2000 ravens dont only give up 165 points in todays game either. the rules have progressively become so pro-offense that defense has almost become optional for some teams as they have decided to just try to outscore their opponents instead of actually really being able to stop them

then don't evoke the 2000 ravens

c'mon man

I agree. The Denver defense is probably the best this year and one of the best the past few years, but that 2000 Ravens squad was arguably the best of all time. 

Denver's defense is nowhere near that level. 

I agree. The Denver defense is probably the best this year and one of the best the past few years, but that 2000 Ravens squad was arguably the best of all time. 

Denver's defense is nowhere near that level. 

'86 Bears defense was better than the '00 Ravens defense.

That 4-6 defense was nasty.

'86 Bears defense was better than the '00 Ravens defense.

That 4-6 defense was nasty.

funny story about that team.  when they humilated the terrified pussy pats* I won $750 in a pool. the best part was it was 2 different boxes that paid off, and the safety put me in the money and the 2nd half shut out was a gravy train

I don't think I've ever seen a football team as scared as those pussy pats*

lol

funny story about that team.  when they humilated the terrified pussy pats* I won $750 in a pool. the best part was it was 2 different boxes that paid off, and the safety put me in the money and the 2nd half shut out was a gravy train

I don't think I've ever seen a football team as scared as those pussy pats*

lol

Those were the old days.

Pats, and Pats fans, were kinda happy just to play in the Super Bowl.

Kinda like Jets fans today who are just happy to back into the 6th playoff seed.

Those were the old days.

Pats, and Pats fans, were kinda happy just to play in the Super Bowl.

Kinda like Jets fans today who are just happy to back into the 6th playoff seed.

so you admit those pussies were afraid

cool

What planet are you living on?

If you can't score in today's NFL, you won't be winning the Super Bowl

It's all about the QB.

In the 2015 NFL that is not even remotely true. You win SBs with offense and a team that plays situationally well in the playoffs. Period.

you guys are drunk already? the broncos defense is playing lights out. how did the patriots lose 3 super bowls? good defenses don't win championships. great defenses do. hence the comparison to the 2000 ravens. great defenses don't come around too often. great qb's play every year

I did say "arguably". The fact that they're in the discussion makes my point. No one is putting this Denver defense in that conversation based on what we've seen so far. 

Yep, the conversation comes down to the '86 Bears versus the '00 Ravens.

It comes down to a matter of opinion, they are the 2 best defenses that the NFL has ever seen.

jets can't rush the passer.  the ravens would stuff the run then kill your QB

then don't evoke the 2000 ravens

Jets had 45 sacks last year.  We're at about 16 this year 

2000 Ravens had 35 sacks.

I think sometimes we see what we want to see. 

Archived