Injury updates - Mangold should be back, but no Cro

thshadow

Mangold practiced fully and will play Thursday

Bowles not optimistic about Cromartie, who did not practice

Bowles said he is pessimistic about Willie Colon (knee) playing. He did not practice

Doc said eight weeks for Nick Folk, so that's why the Jets opted for IR.

Jets plan on bringing Ronald Martin up from practice squad to play safety

Bowles not optimistic about Cromartie, who did not practice

Jets plan on bringing Ronald Martin up from practice squad to play safety

The first tweet made me think, "Okay, Milliner."  The last? "Um... interesting."  Milliner has supposedly been practicing full for over a week.  Tomorrow at 4:00 pm is D-Day.  I wonder what they will do.

The first tweet made me think, "Okay, Milliner."  The last? "Um... interesting."  Milliner has supposedly been practicing full for over a week.  Tomorrow at 4:00 pm is D-Day.  I wonder what they will do.

I've gotta believe they're going to activate Milliner...  I guess we'll find out...

I've gotta believe they're going to activate Milliner...  I guess we'll find out...

Would have to open two spots for Martin and Milliner. Bailey can be waived injured but who knows on the second. Maybe Bowen or Stacy of Powell is back. It's complicated further with Enunwa back. He's missed in the run game. 

Too lazy to copy and past Rex's quote but he was already hedging his words about the game. So basically he was saying that he has nothing to say about the game now but to wait till after the game because that might change ...AKA if they win he won't shut up about how much better Bills are and blah blah blah but if he loses he will be mum about the whole thing and continue to act like it was just another game. 

I know the primary need is Safety but with all of the injuries in the secondary, it's odd Milliner can't make the roster even though he's supposedly healthy.  

almost as odd as Jace Amaro staying 4th on the depth chart all preseason...

Th idzik picks look worse and worse by the day..

Marcus Williams will be back at safety.  Milliner being activated made that happen.  Not sure if that's a good thing.

Williams was a disaster at safety.  I cant imagine after his performance on Sunday vs. the Sunday before that Bowles would make that move.  Especially with Cro out. You really think they have that much faith in Milliner in his first game back?  

I know they called up Martin from the PS but dudes a rookie and is pretty limited athletically.  I'd imagine they'd use him in the box if they actually play him.  Where is Rontez Miles?  Feel like it would a good time to dial his #. 

I don't know if they would throw Milliner into the fire like that. The Jets did call up Martin from their PS

I'm basing this entirely on a tweet from one columnist:

Connor Hughes @Connor_J_Hughes 5m5 minutes ago

Theoretically, Milliner does give the Jets another “safety.” Marcus Williams can now play safety, not CB, with Cromartie out.

Williams was a disaster at safety.  I cant imagine after his performance on Sunday vs. the Sunday before that Bowles would make that move.  Especially with Cro out. You really think they have that much faith in Milliner in his first game back?  

I know they called up Martin from the PS but dudes a rookie and is pretty limited athletically.  I'd imagine they'd use him in the box if they actually play him.  Where is Rontez Miles?  Feel like it would a good time to dial his #. 

I doubt they have much faith in Milliner or anyone else, but they can't throw a practice squad guy at safety.  It's too important a position for this defense, as evidenced by how bad we've been playing without Pryor back there. 

Knowledge of the system, not skill, will likely be the determining factor in who handles Pryor's spot this week.

What FA safety can we start this week?

I think you'll see Marcus Williams at CB on run plays with Miles at safety, kind of how they did it last week with Bailey. Then on passing downs, Williams will bounce to safety and Walls will play on the outside, much like it was most of the 4th quarter when Cro went down. Might see some McDougle in the slot, depending on how banged up Skrine really is.

I'm basing this entirely on a tweet from one columnist:

Connor Hughes @Connor_J_Hughes 5m5 minutes ago

Theoretically, Milliner does give the Jets another “safety.” Marcus Williams can now play safety, not CB, with Cromartie out.

I doubt they have much faith in Milliner or anyone else, but they can't throw a practice squad guy at safety.  It's too important a position for this defense, as evidenced by how bad we've been playing without Pryor back there. 

Knowledge of the system, not skill, will likely be the determining factor in who handles Pryor's spot this week.

Miles has been here all through camp.

I think you'll see Marcus Williams at CB on run plays with Miles at safety, kind of how they did it last week with Bailey. Then on passing downs, Williams will bounce to safety and Walls will play on the outside, much like it was most of the 4th quarter when Cro went down. Might see some McDougle in the slot, depending on how banged up Skrine really is.

That makes sense, I guess.  Did Miles get run last week?  

Interesting.  I hate the idea of a secondary of rotating chairs, but it's all we can do.

This is going to be a HUGE game for our front 7.  Our D-Line full of first rounders needs to live up to its billing.  Otherwise Tyrod will run roughshod on us, Shady and Karlos Williams will combine for 150+, and/or the likes of Robert Woods will be made to look like a Pro Bowler.

Miles has been here all through camp.

That makes sense, I guess.  Did Miles get run last week?  

Miles did get a little run, maybe 10 plays when Cro and Skrine were out of the game. He took that awful angle on Yeldon's big run. Not much else stood out from him. I could see him being a dynamite special teamer though. Devin Smith is likely to get a lot of ST run too because of the injuries elsewhere.

And I honestly think Milliner is at the bottom of the CB depth chart. If the position was completely healthy, he wouldn't get any run.

Miles did get a little run, maybe 10 plays when Cro and Skrine were out of the game. He took that awful angle on Yeldon's big run. Not much else stood out from him. I could see him being a dynamite special teamer though. Devin Smith is likely to get a lot of ST run too because of the injuries elsewhere.

And I honestly think Milliner is at the bottom of the CB depth chart. If the position was completely healthy, he wouldn't get any run.

That's right...that was Miles on that play.  Hopefully it was just a little rust.  And at the very least they have little more depth with Milliner back.

Archived