Brandon Marshall named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Jetlife33

New York Jets WR Brandon Marshall has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Jets, Dec. 9).  

Marshall had 12 catches for 131 yards and a touchdown in the Jets 23-20 win in overtime against the Giants. His biggest catch of the game came with .27 seconds remaining with his game-tying nine-yard touchdown reception.

He is the first Jets receiver to earn Offensive Player of the Week honors since Al Toon in 1990

Thank you Prince Amukamura!

nfl-gifs-17.gif?w=1000

Their was nothing he could have done on that play other P.I.. It was a perfect pass and Marshall was the only one who could have made a play on it. Right before that play, I said to my friends, "Don't get cute, just loft it up and let Marshall go get it."   

Their was nothing he could have done on that play other P.I.. It was a perfect pass and Marshall was the only one who could have made a play on it. Right before that play, I said to my friends, "Don't get cute, just loft it up and let Marshall go get it."   

I agree.  That was a perfect throw and catch.  I don't care who the CB was he had no chance of breaking that up, as long as Marshall caught it.

Marshall has been playing with a very painful  toe, and a sprained ankle.  Last month or so he had lost the spring, and dropped quite a few balls.  Looks like he's back.  Would be great timing.  

New York Jets WR Brandon Marshall has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Jets, Dec. 9).  

Marshall had 12 catches for 131 yards and a touchdown in the Jets 23-20 win in overtime against the Giants. His biggest catch of the game came with .27 seconds remaining with his game-tying nine-yard touchdown reception.

He is the first Jets receiver to earn Offensive Player of the Week honors since Al Toon in 1990

First Marshall deserves it.....

And second the AL TOON reference tells you all you need to know about our QB/WR combo for well over a quarter of a century!!!!

I say that before every play. There's no reason why we shouldn't be targeting Marshall 20 times a game. He's on my fantasy team n it's a PPR league for crying out loud. 

Holy Hell!!  That is just sad.  Maybe the Jets staff should be buying him Christmas presents?

Getting to the playoffs would be a nice present for Marshall. He's never been there in his ten years in the league.

just saw him and his wife talking about it on inside the NFL.  You could tell making it to the post season means the world to them.  I didn't know they had twins 8 months before he signed with the Jets.  

Archived