What does a new Ryan Fitzpatrick contract look like

bergenjets

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot will depend on how he fares against NE and Buff, but if he has decent games, and finishes out at the pace he is on now, I think it will be in the range of 2 for 20 or 3 for 30.

Some NFL team who is QB needed will throw a lot of money at him if the Jets don't.

Wasn't this done before under this same Coordinator only to fail .  1 yr contract with a team option  for about 6mil per.  He deserves a nice raise after this season, but let's not be crazy.

A lot will depend on how he fares against NE and Buff, but if he has decent games, and finishes out at the pace he is on now, I think it will be in the range of 2 for 20 or 3 for 30.

Some NFL team who is QB needed will throw a lot of money at him if the Jets don't.

I generally say the player will always go where the money leads, but in this case Fitz has been around the block.  He knows damn well his success has a lot to do with Marshall an Decker and the team surrounding him.  I don't think he wants to go floundering around on some other crappy team, so unless the money is HUGE I think Fitz will stay. 

Hahahahahahaha this guy. 

if you're telling me were gonna lay fitz $10M a year to come back I see this team having serious problems since we're probably losing Marshall and ivory at that number. Not to mention I doubt we get another cake walk gift schedule against charmin soft teams

if you're telling me were gonna lay fitz $10M a year to come back I see this team having serious problems since we're probably losing Marshall and ivory at that number. Not to mention I doubt we get another cake walk gift schedule against charmin soft teams

Such a big chasm between vet minimum and 10 million, wouldn't you say? 

This is the week Fitz would like to negotiate a new deal, as his last three games have been great. Prior to those three games, there was some talk about whether or not he should be benched. The next three weeks will determine whether he gets closer to $5M or $10M a year. If he continues to play at his current level against tougher competition, and leads the Jets to the playoffs, he'll be looking at the bigger money. If he falters, the team will be looking to put their resources into a new starter rather than Fitz. 

Like to think that even if he does do very well to finish up the season that he'd be willing to give the Jets a hometown discount. He's at home with Gailey coaching him, the best WR duo he's ever had, and (hopefully) the first playoff appearance of his career.  

Bowles just came out in the papers and said he wants Fitz resigned. Which means its happening. I think it will be a two year deal for 7per. The man deserves a contract. I say we sign him at the end of the year and he goes in as our starter next year. Two years from now Petty should be ready, and Fitz becomes the backup.

He'll get Josh McCown money (2 yrs 10 mil, 5 guaranteed) coming out of Chicago. Maybe a little more. 2 years, 12-14 mil max imo. Same age, and both had Marshall. McCown put up better numbers albeit fewer games. 

I'm fairly certain he got 2 years 16 mil out of Chicago, but yeah, same range.

We're not losing Marshall and Ivory is what he is. Losing him would not be that big of a deal. Neither one would be lost because of a Fitzpatrick contract, more likely Wilkersons.

You guys make it seem like we'd be bidding against another team for his starting services. Name 1 team out there that wants Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting QB next year other than the Jets?

He's 32 & a journeyman who happened to be reunited with his old coach & some really good skill players. Another thing, he's happy as sh*t here & he's gonna get a fair contract, people talking 8-10 million are losing their minds. Right here, right now is the only starting job AVAILABLE to Fitzy. Like someone else said, Fitz is a smart guy & realizes he's just a piece to the puzzle. So, I think Jets will be fair but no way they bid against THEMSELVES here.

Yeah, I figured it was going to run around $8 or $10 per, but I'm not all that knowledgeable in this stuff.

That is where he should start.

He kind of holds all of the cards.  He is there on the cheap right now.  You are drafting in the bottom third (most likely).  And you can always go back to Geno.  Plus, with a weak draft, do you think St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, San Francisco or Philly wouldn't make a run at him? 

He kind of holds all of the cards.  He is there on the cheap right now.  You are drafting in the bottom third (most likely).  And you can always go back to Geno.  Plus, with a weak draft, do you think St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, San Francisco or Philly wouldn't make a run at him? 

No. They can't. There is no going back to Geno.

Why would any of those teams make a run at Fitz? Why would Fitz at this stage of his career want to go get the sh*t beat out of him St. Louis (a team that might move? Fitz has 5 kids I believe), Browns? (Who the f*ck chooses to move to Cleveland?), San Fran? ( might be the worst team in football), Philly? Absolutely does not fit what Chip Kelly likes to do (I actually see Chip trying to ressurect Kap if Chips still there.) Houston traded him, he's not going back after being sent packing for Hoyer & Mallett.

Sorry, Jets are in the drivers seat. They won't have to OVER PAY.

well if we start at $1M and he's asking for $10M and we settle on 5 that's okay

I think we'll probably be looking at 6m as the base with accelerators if he plays well.  If he hits 10m because he hit certain incentives I have no problem paying him that, and you shouldn't either even with your bias. 

I think we'll probably be looking at 6m as the base with accelerators if he plays well.  If he hits 10m because he hit certain incentives I have no problem paying him that, and you shouldn't either even with your bias. 

I don't really have a bias since I'm a realist, but I agree 5-6 is the range. He's not worth more than that and we have other free agents that are higher priority 

I don't really have a bias since I'm a realist, but I agree 5-6 is the range. He's not worth more than that and we have other free agents that are higher priority 

Considering QB is always the highest priority, and Fitz is by far our best option, I would tend to disagree.  Signing Mo means nothing if Geno is back at the helm. 

Considering QB is always the highest priority, and Fitz is by far our best option, I would tend to disagree.  Signing Mo means nothing if Geno is back at the helm. 

it's a priority but you don't overpay just because you've got PTSD from the geno years, the price has to be right for the team. Sanchez got 2 years $9M from the Eagles so fitz is in line to get a similar deal, we're talking backup QB money here let's not get crazy 

Archived