Sunday Games

BallinPB

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK serious question. Do you think TV announcers are told to actually make broadcasts biased towards the really popular teams? Seems like whenever I hear a non-Jet broadcast of the Cowboys, Giants, Cheatriots, Steelers  and Packers it seems like the announcers almost treat it like they are the home announcers. In Jets broadcasts I am biased, but listening to the Giants and Steelers games today it really seems like they almost root for these teams. Plus they get like 5 National games each year each.

OK serious question. Do you think TV announcers are told to actually make broadcasts biased towards the really popular teams? Seems like whenever I hear a non-Jet broadcast of the Cowboys, Giants, Cheatriots, Steelers  and Packers it seems like the announcers almost treat it like they are the home announcers. In Jets broadcasts I am biased, but listening to the Giants and Steelers games today it really seems like they almost root for these teams. Plus they get like 5 National games each year each.

Some announcers for sure do. Nantzyboy, Simms, Collinsworth, Chucky all were quite biased in my opinion.

Archived