Odell Beckham

joewilly12

Surprised Odell hasnt issued an apology by now to the fans the league his team and more importantly Josh Norman.

The Giants are a low class organization who just weeks ago treated Jets players and family like dirt when we were the visiting team.

what di they do to the jets family?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, and Coughlin and the Giants brass should deal with this internally after the game.  Fine him for misconduct.  Make the decision internally if they want to bench him for a game.  But in the heat of the moment you can't expect the coach to bench a player as crucial to OBJ in the situation they are in.  That's high and mighty, and like I said you certainly would probably kill Bowles if he benched Marshall in a crucial moment of a game like I described above. 

Bowles benched mo for a quarter for being late to a meeting 

Why isn't Cody Wallace on Pittsburgh suspended then? His hit was 10x worse on that Denver player. I guess noteriety is all that matters then when it comes to player safety. If people were talking about that helmet to helmet hit as much as the Beckham one than I guess the NFL would react. 

And then he started defending him.  That's when Steve young stepped in.  Either way this is as good as it's gets for Jets Fans, the bullsh*t excuses coming from the Giants as far as the slurs and the bats is laughable.  This guy has been anointed as the second coming of Jerry Rice.  Word is he talks more crap than anyone in the league, now he gets a dose of his medicine and he folds.  No way on this earth should be ever be defended based on that each hole spear, nothing Josh Norman said warranted that. That could have done some serious damage.  The league itself is full of hypocritical crap also.  Player safety? Really? If that was let's say Jeremy Kerly spearing Norman he wouldve been tossed, if not sat by the coach.  The double standardize how certain players get the star treatment has to change.  Never before has it been more obvious.  Flags and whistles on the field while Brady is 3 yards from the sideline? We all remember that.  Phantom calls to keep games close.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's starting to look like it's not a level playing field.  

I don't have a problem with too much of Beckham's bullsh*t.  Jawing, swiping, grabbing his ankle.  It's all petty bullsh*t, but part of the game.  I spent plenty of time on the bottom of the pile getting pinched or bit (and that's just in the mod lounge!)  The "player safety" first sh*t means the spearing should certainly garner some time on the pine.  You can't even pop a WR going for the ball if he is defenseless, so how can he try to drill a guy in the head with his helmet while he is just standing by the pile?  He took a couple of swings too, which weak as they are go against the punching rules.  I'm not sure why you can hit a guy as hard as possible with your shoulder, but can't slap him in the helmet, but hey... what do I know?

My main issue is with calling this "antics"  This kid is dirty and cheap.  He has been a bitch all year.  From the preseason.  Because he is little, cute, does commercials and has that non-threatening haircut, it is "antics."  If Suh or Incognito pulled that sh*t the talking heads would be squawking about criminal charges.

I don't care who defends him. His image is tarnished and I bet he has more issues like this going forward. He let his success get to his head. He will still be amazing, but he will create too much drama and become a distraction for the Giants. I don't care if Odell sets all kinds of WR records as long as the Giants don't win.  

most of these jocks are homophobes.  Calling Beckham gay is like threatening him with a gun in their eyes

Oh please.  I think I was three years old when I was taught "Sticks and stones..."  I doubt I have played as much as a pickup basketball came where nobody was called a homosexual slur.  I guess that is why they had to try to bring up this baseball bat BS.

Oh please.  I think I was three years old when I was taught "Sticks and stones..."  I doubt I have played as much as a pickup basketball came where nobody was called a homosexual slur.  I guess that is why they had to try to bring up this baseball bat BS.

Society's PC  narrative generally and the NFL's  public relations specifically get  wrecked on the rocks of alpha males  being jocks. Every play is a massive 11 man collision that results in broken bones and worse, with careers and big contracts at stake.That is always gonna be hot and angry.  And yet the NFL wants to pretend it's literally all fun and games. and "family".  Not defending Beckham, but find it ridiculous that anyone is surprised. Heck, only a few weeks ago you had the Bengals and Steelers threatening to shoot it out and there was no fine or suspension for that. 

Society's PC  narrative generally and the NFL's  public relations specifically get  wrecked on the rocks of alpha males  being jocks. Every play is a massive 11 man collision that results in broken bones and worse, with careers and big contracts at stake.That is always gonna be hot and angry.  And yet the NFL wants to pretend it's literally all fun and games. and "family".  Not defending Beckham, but find it ridiculous that anyone is surprised. Heck, only a few weeks ago you had the Bengals and Steelers threatening to shoot it out and there was no fine or suspension for that. 

Damn, I didnt hear about that. Thats some Chris Mills sh*t right there. Not sure if anyone remembers Chris Mills from the NBA. That dude was a straight gangsta. 

Read they wouldn't allow the wives of players certain access to areas and refused to let them park where they regularly park because we were the visitors. 

Well, this being a Giants home game, wouldn't the wives of the Giants players be parking in those spots?  If the Jets' wives park in some reserved spots during the Jets games, and the Giants' wives park in those  same spots during Giants games, when they play each other and the game is rated a Giants home game,  what should they do?

Well, this being a Giants home game, wouldn't the wives of the Giants players be parking in those spots?  If the Jets' wives park in some reserved spots during the Jets games, and the Giants' wives park in those  same spots during Giants games, when they play each other and the game is rated a Giants home game,  what should they do?

Theres plenty of parking in that lot I've parked in that lot  the State Police also use that lot for family and friends as well.

Archived