How the hell did we lose to this Raider team?

Jetster

Talk about a bad loss, it's actually painful watching them. Jets would kill them if they played them now. Losing Fitz took the air out of this team, I think this team knew & had absolutely had no faith in Geno. The entire team just wilted. 

we lost because the defense was too full of themselves and couldn't tackle a quadriplegic (no disrespect) 3 feet in front of them or were already TOASTED by the Oak WRs. A mulligan to say the least. Offense actually kept it rather together surprisingly, it was the "Bread & Butter" defense that disappointed and allowed the Air Raiders of the Davis era to make a 2015 cameo and capitulated. 333 passings yards and 4 TDs to a sophomore QB.

To name a few reasons:

-Guys were "loafing" thinking they could be in the playoffs not giving maximum effort

-Fitz was injured

-Mangold was injured

-Bilal Powell was injured

-Pryor was injured

-Demario Davis was still playing all the reps

-Sheldon hadn't found his niche yet as an edge guy

Talk about a bad loss, it's actually painful watching them. Jets would kill them if they played them now. Losing Fitz took the air out of this team, I think this team knew & had absolutely had no faith in Geno. The entire team just wilted. 

Special teams and ultra conservative game plan. Geno played good enough to win. 

Charles+Woodson+Ryan+Fitzpatrick+New+Yor

Because our quarterback, who I love so much I would marry him and carry his child, learned English at Harvard but apparently learned Phys Ed at Suffolk Community and took himself out of the game 3 minutes in leaving us in the hands of He Who Shall Not Be Named who can't win a football game if his life depended upon it.

The game that pisses me off the most is Buffalo.  We had that one, ridiculous that we blew it.

SAR I

Because our quarterback, who I love so much I would marry him and carry his child, learned English at Harvard but apparently learned Phys Ed at Suffolk Community and took himself out of the game 3 minutes in leaving us in the hands of He Who Shall Not Be Named who can't win a football game if his life depended upon it.

The game that pisses me off the most is Buffalo.  We had that one, ridiculous that we blew it.

SAR I

really?   Where is your canned RANT that we were down 24 points before we could blink.   The ole..REX defense gave up 24 unanswered points and mark S was a good QB.  Point is... that loss was NOT on Geno.

really?   Where is your canned RANT that we were down 24 points before we could blink.   The ole..REX defense gave up 24 unanswered points and mark S was a good QB.  Point is... that loss was NOT on Geno.

Our defense played crappy, no doubt, but no worse than they did against the Giants.  Issue was Fitzpatrick wasn't there to keep it competitive or carry a comeback.  Raiders saw Geno go in, snickered, realized they didn't have to worry about the passing game, and that was the end of that offensively.

SAR I

Only the clueless would blame this loss on Geno.  Oh yeah, sorry but should realize who fits that bill

So Geno Smith's play had NOTHING to do with the loss?

And having an opinion on something doesn't equal lack of football knowledge no more than being super judgmental doesn't automatically make you a... Well. Never mind. Happy Holiday!

we lost because the defense was too full of themselves and couldn't tackle a quadriplegic (no disrespect) 3 feet in front of them or were already TOASTED by the Oak WRs. A mulligan to say the least. Offense actually kept it rather together surprisingly, it was the "Bread & Butter" defense that disappointed and allowed the Air Raiders of the Davis era to make a 2015 cameo and capitulated. 333 passings yards and 4 TDs to a sophomore QB.

Definitely, that was this year's Rex Ryan flashback game

There are 3 maybe 4 teams that almost like clockwork can an will beat whoever they face. Then there's 3 or 4 that likely lose to whoever they face. The rest can win or lose to any team on any given Sunday. We are amongst the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our defense played crappy, no doubt, but no worse than they did against the Giants.  Issue was Fitzpatrick wasn't there to keep it competitive or carry a comeback.  Raiders saw Geno go in, snickered, realized they didn't have to worry about the passing game, and that was the end of that offensively.

SAR I

I think you meant Nassau Community . . . just sayin'

Sincerely,

Simijet

Suffolk County Community College

Class of '84

SAR I

Huh?

Jets did not get one stop all game. Not one. And Zero running game . Zero. We played much better D against the Giants. Giants scored on a big play and a punt return.

Still would've lost that game with Fitz .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Geno Smith's play had NOTHING to do with the loss?

And having an opinion on something doesn't equal lack of football knowledge no more than being super judgmental doesn't automatically make you a... Well. Never mind. Happy Holiday!

no, when you do it this way it comes back at you.  

And no, Geno played well enough to win.  The defense did not.  The team didn't, it was an awful team performance.  Geno played surprisingly well all things considered.  Fitz wouldn't have made a difference, we couldn't make a stop all day when we needed one.  

Blaming the player you hate without thought is not an opinion

no, when you do it this way it comes back at you.  

And no, Geno played well enough to win.  The defense did not.  The team didn't, it was an awful team performance.  Geno played surprisingly well all things considered.  Fitz wouldn't have made a difference, we couldn't make a stop all day when we needed one.  

Blaming the player you hate without thought is not an opinion

This is what Geno did in the Oak game:

- Led the Jets to 21-3 deficits and 28-6 deficits before finally scoring a TD against garbage-time defense midway through the 3Q.
- Then he scored another garbage time TD midway through the 4Q.
- On those two drives when Oakland was up big and played shell coverages, he compiled 110 yards (41.5% of his total yardage). After the second TD, he got the ball back 4 times with Oak only up 2 scores and reverting back to playing their standard defense again instead of the prevent/shell defense, and Geno was unable to generate anything offensively- just as he was unable to generate anything against Oak's standard defense prior to being down 28-6. 

Yes, I'll grant you that our defense was beyond putrid that game, and I can't fault Geno for the defense giving up 28 points midway through the third. But what about him holding up his end of the bargain and keeping us in it by at least matching them on O? Down 28-6 is an indictment of the defense, but also of Geno. 

So no, Geno did not play well enough to win. The defense simply played bad enough to let him off the hook. If he had played well enough to win, they would have won, and consequently the Jets would be in the drivers seat for the wild card.

plus the raiders do have some nice young talent right now. after years of sucking and getting top draft picks they've built a pretty nice roster, still young so they make mistakes but they are going to be a good team very soon. I could see jacksonville and oakland both as playoff teams next year

SAR I

the game we blew that had the most impact on this season was the NE game a game we had them down in the 4th quarter and failed to put the dagger in on the Marshall drop in the end zone. In our current situation (meaning the last decade +) we have had good runs vs the Bills and Miami so make no mistake th team we must beat and beat good are the Patriots we must take the Division over the next few years and make it ours for once and it starts this sunday at home vs the Pats

This is what Geno did in the Oak game:

- Led the Jets to 21-3 deficits and 28-6 deficits before finally scoring a TD against garbage-time defense midway through the 3Q.
- Then he scored another garbage time TD midway through the 4Q.
- On those two drives when Oakland was up big and played shell coverages, he compiled 110 yards (41.5% of his total yardage). After the second TD, he got the ball back 4 times with Oak only up 2 scores and reverting back to playing their standard defense again instead of the prevent/shell defense, and Geno was unable to generate anything offensively- just as he was unable to generate anything against Oak's standard defense prior to being down 28-6. 

Yes, I'll grant you that our defense was beyond putrid that game, and I can't fault Geno for the defense giving up 28 points midway through the third. But what about him holding up his end of the bargain and keeping us in it by at least matching them on O? Down 28-6 is an indictment of the defense, but also of Geno. 

So no, Geno did not play well enough to win. The defense simply played bad enough to let him off the hook. If he had played well enough to win, they would have won, and consequently the Jets would be in the drivers seat for the wild card.

ugh, yeah, if the defense played better, played the way this defense usually plays they're in this game.  If they play as they play in their best we probably win.  

The idea that Geno led them to 21-3 and to 28-6 is beyond laughable.  

As is the always ok able, he got all his numbers against prevent.  That's the ultimate excuse.  Bottom line he didn't turn it over an excessive amount.  He threw for 270ish, completed at a decent % and ran twice for over 30.  Great? Nope.  Good enough to win?  You know it is, Fitz has won with worse days.  

Hes just not Geno 

Archived