Fitz's Stats (Chasing the Greatest QB Season in Jets History)

Warfish

Nut: "Actually, I haven't mentioned Geno in months."
Me: "Well, you mentioned him three days ago"
Nut: "Yes, I wrote that Geno wasn't to bla...."
Me: "So you did mention him, so you're wrong"
Nut: "You're dumb enough to not get it"..."Now you're just proving that you're not very smart"..."you're not smart or man enough to admit you missed the original point"

I just want you guys to know that I never, ever bring up Rick Mirer. Carry on.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nut: "You're dumb enough to not get it"..."Now you're just proving that you're not very smart"..."you're not smart or man enough to admit you missed the original point"

Dense. 

Good point.  Add the 2 Fitz has run in himself, 9 our RB's have taken in and that's 40 TD drives Fitz has led this year.  Nearly 3 per game on average.

The Jaguars matched that total (40) under Bortles and the Raiders have 38 under Carr. 

So by my calculations 3.24 more TD's next week and Fitz will surpass just about anything Joe Montana accomplished in his illustrious career.

Here's a tip, when you move the goal posts yet again to try to make a point don't move them closer to the kicker Jetfan80 just blew a hole in the back of the net after blasting the kick right down the middle lol

move the goal posts?  

Blew a hole in what? By agreeing with me? 

Haha yeah he was agreeing with you lol

Yeah, he was.

Good point.  Add the 2 Fitz has run in himself, 9 our RB's have taken in and that's 40 TD drives Fitz has led this year.  Nearly 3 per game on average.

The Jaguars matched that total (40) under Bortles and the Raiders have 38 under Carr. 

Obviously.  The game was out of control and pretty much done early.  

Yes, because Geno sucked on offense until the Raiders started playing a shell defense after being up 28-6. 

Unless you're claiming that the Raiders scored 4 consecutive TDs without Geno having a chance to touch the ball due to some new rule? Help me understand. I'm too dumb to understand what you actually mean to type when you type words that you don't mean. 

Yeah, he was.

:lol:

So by my calculations 3.24 more TD's next week and Fitz will surpass just about anything Joe Montana accomplished in his illustrious career.

Yes, because that's what we're doing.  Saying Fitz is an all-time great.  I'll take it easy on you and quit while I'm ahead.  Keep fighting....whatever fight you're trying to win?  Godspeed and whatnot. 

Maybe..  like I said normally I ignore it but yesterdays hi-fiving, chest thumping, and silly claims of victory by the Fitz fellators was more irritating than usual.

They absolutely kill Rex, Sanchez, and every other person associated with the winningest teams we've seen in 46 years but are fawning over a jag QB who stepped it up the last month and is playing well. 

And now the talk about him being the best Jet QB ever or extending him at 14 mil per etc etc..  I mean callllmmm down.

Im sad for you. What will you do when they sh*tcan Geno? 

Poor guy...

I don't even understand the preoccupation with how many TDs he's thrown.  

It's how many TDs the offense has scored with Fitz at QB.  There's a lot of ways to score.  If Fitz marches them into the red zone 5 times per game and they run it in 4 times his TD totals for the year won't be impressive.  

But his offense would be a record setter.

This is just so stupid, in so many ways. I don't even think you know what you're trying to say. It's just....so very stupid.

Yes, because that's what we're doing.  Saying Fitz is an all-time great.  I'll take it easy on you and quit while I'm ahead.  Keep fighting....whatever fight you're trying to win?  Godspeed and whatnot. 

Just think..  somewhere at the EA Sports complex the Madden team is working feverishly to create the first 100 rated QB in the history of the game.  I'd imagine there's a small team whose sole purpose is creating the beard in all its 1080P glory.

Im sad for you. What will you do when they sh*tcan Geno? 

Poor guy...

Argue that Geno would've been even better with "ddeez weaponizz." If Jets don't win SB believe you me the Geno lovers will have one last disgusting gasp of air before dying... like a fart from a corpse.

Argue that Geno would've been even better with "ddeez weaponizz." If Jets don't win SB believe you me the Geno lovers will have one last disgusting gasp of air before dying... like a fart from a corpse.

i cant tell you how many corpse farts ive been subjected to. They're the ******* worst.

This is just so stupid, in so many ways. I don't even think you know what you're trying to say. It's just....so very stupid.

Well have to say, if you can't figure out that the offense on a whole is more important that a QB stats, you really should never, ever even think of calling anyone stupid.  This is as simple a concept as there is in football and it apparently has sailed over your head.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, I'm stupid. 

Well have to say, if you can't figure out that the offense on a whole is more important that a QB stats, you really should never, ever even think of calling anyone stupid.  This is as simple a concept as there is in football and it apparently has sailed over your head.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, I'm stupid. 

Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.

And you're just blowing smoke and nonsense out of your ass. Your hate has made you incoherent. Take a break, bro. Its embarrassing.

Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.

And you're just blowing smoke and nonsense out of your ass. Your hate has made you incoherent. Take a break, bro. Its embarrassing.

Hate?  LOL, its the internet, get a life.  Not being able to follow a simple concept doesnt bring out hate.  

Obviously.  The game was out of control and pretty much done early.  

Yes, because Geno sucked on offense until the Raiders started playing a shell defense after being up 28-6. 

Unless you're claiming that the Raiders scored 4 consecutive TDs without Geno having a chance to touch the ball due to some new rule? Help me understand. I'm too dumb to understand what you actually mean to type when you type words that you don't mean. 

Nothing here? This is now the second thread you've ignored me in. What was all that about how you admit when you're wrong? 

Dense. 

What's dense about it? Is that not a 100% accurate representation with direct quotes of what happened here?

Nothing here either, huh? 

I guess I'll just take your silence on both as an admittance that you were wrong, and stupidly fired personal attack after personal attack at me just for...I don't know...funsies?

I'd agree with him taking a break, but it's just so damned fun to watch him e-squirm the way he's done all thread long.

On a slow work day like today, he's been a great late christmas gift. 

STRAW POLL: Who does Pac remind you of?

a.) G.O.B. Bluth sputtering about his $5,000 suit

b.) Mortimer Duke demanding that the commodities exchange turn the machines back on

Reminds me of my my son when he was 12.  Put those pesky stay lit candles on his birthday cake  and he got so pissed he couldnt blow them out.   He called me stupid and  argued he wouldn't eat the cake because it was chocolate and he didn't like chocolate.  Sadly that trick only worked once. 

I think my memory of Kenny O is slanted by one of the greatest offensive games I've ever seen.  The 51-45 barn-burner in Miami was just insanity.  And objectively, removing that game from the discussion leaves KO as at best a slightly above average QB. 

But 479 yards, 4 TDs and a last second heave to Walker to tie it at the end of regulation plus another to win it in OT is the stuff great memories are made of.

BTW, Walker caught all four of those TDs.

That is the most bi-polar season by a QB, ever.   That was an amazing game.

By the end of the season he was benched, and Pat Ryan won the playoff game.

Fitz:

Is 319 for 525, 60.7%, 3,724 Yards, 29 TD's, 12 INT's.

He is tied for #1 All-Time for TD Passes at 29.

He is #4 All-Time for Passing Yards at 3,724, sitting 283 yards passing behind Joe Namath for #1 All-Time.

He is #3 All-Time for Completions, sitting 24 Completions behind Brett Favre for #1 All-Time.

If he were to somehow repeat his stats from today, next week vs. Buffalo, he would be the Jets Franchise #1 in Completions, Passing Yards and TD passes, and tied for #2 All-Time for Wins for a Starting QB.

He's also #5 All-Time in QB Rushing Yards.  Lol.

Oh, and he'll have only played 15 games (having missed literally all of Oakland).

The only years that match him are Joe Namath in 1967, and Ken O'Brien in 1985.

Fitzy gonna be a super bowl champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're only looking at Namath through the prism of comparing his numbers then to QB numbers now, it's easy to come to that conclusion.

But playing in an era when basically every throw were deep passes with high risk/reward, and CB's were allowed to mug receivers, those conclusions regarding Namath are much different.  He was an elite QB in the NFL for the majority of his career.  Compare his numbers to his peers during those years if you'd like.

thank you for posting this. plus the seasons were only 14 games back then as well, comparing namath to modern day QB's is absurd. it's a different game 

thank you for posting this. plus the seasons were only 14 games back then as well, comparing namath to modern day QB's is absurd. it's a different game 

this is the most pathetic of all. fitz can never be evaluated in terms of his place amongst jets QBs no matter what he does by your argument. seriously is that how desperate you've become?

Just think..  somewhere at the EA Sports complex the Madden team is working feverishly to create the first 100 rated QB in the history of the game.  I'd imagine there's a small team whose sole purpose is creating the beard in all its 1080P glory.

Look it's cold out and I need to kill time, you don't have to be a dick about it.

Reminds me of my my son when he was 12.  Put those pesky stay lit candles on his birthday cake  and he got so pissed he couldnt blow them out.   He called me stupid and  argued he wouldn't eat the cake because it was chocolate and he didn't like chocolate.  Sadly that trick only worked once. 

And there it is. The greatest analogy ever written.

And there it is. The greatest analogy ever written.

When the Genoids are only left with sarcastic comments about how Fitz isn't the best ever and downvoting votes in dark butthurt basements, I'd say the battle is won.

Archived