Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Players like him for the person he is which is a non argument good guy family man educated. 

Can't say that. Marshall and Decker have already been recorded on video saying he texts and facetimes them suggestions. That's effort. That's leadership...with all that said Geno is still the guy I want to see out there starting but you can't just deny Fitz leadership because people do the same with Geno...lol it makes for a pointless argument. 4 more days until camp and then all these threads will cease to matter or exist.(: still got love for you though Joe Willy. Just not the best thread especially based on why you made it

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Players like him for the person he is which is a non argument good guy family man educated. 

You have to be joking. If he's a nice guy but can't play football and is a bad Qb they don't want him on the field. Or to be the team's starter. If he's a guy overthrowing his receivers or getting intercepted, friend or no friend they don't want the guy. There were problems in the locker room with Mark Sanchez and Tone because of that and Mark is a nice guy. And elite Wrs are usually prima donnas who care a lot about themselves and their stats. And those stats translate to money.  A lot of that leadership occurs during the week. These guys are together in practice and we've all heard stories of Fitz texting Marshall at 2 AM with new plays, etc. The reason for our improved offense was a good OC and smart players esp the Qb who work together to be successful. Do you really think that can easily be duplicated.

The answer is YES. Is Ryan Fitzpatrick a truly great QB? The answer is NO. But he is miles better than Geno Smith in terms of QB statistics and he IS a leader. The metamorphosis that this team went through last season under the leadership provided by Ryan Fitzpatrick was nothing short of amazing. The resulting chemistry is something I hadn't seen from the Jets offense since like 2010. Geno, on the other hand, has never built chemistry with any one teammate since being drafted. He had Eric Decker and did not build chemistry with him at all. Granted, he didn't have a lot of talent to work with, but I would be fine with Geno if he had shown some glimmer of hope. That is something I have never seen from him even once. Now, with all the nonsense having been popped in the jaw? It's simply too much for any honorable onlooker to tolerate. I am done with him and I am firm in that stance.

Fitz, assuming he resigns, should be an excellent bridge to one of Mac's prospects. I believe he can give the organization respectability in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Leaders step up in big time in situations that require leadership, like a win-and-in game.

Fitz stepped up and crapped his pants.

He is not a leader.

You mean like Brady did against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship?

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Leaders step up in big time in situations that require leadership, like a win-and-in game.

He is not a leader.

nobody blames you

I say YES. Fitz is head and shoulders better than any QB the Jets have on the roster and still miles better than that bag of sh*t that Geno is. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a very intelligent guy, but he is NOT stupid. Turning down 12 million this season would be called STUPIDITY. It isn't going to happen.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

no one commits to him

Buffalo committed to him.  He failed to live up to their expectations.

leaves a big question mark as to his leadership skills on a team

Having watched every game last year, and watched the players and how they related to him, I have no doubt that Fitz was very much a leader.   

Many want to HATE Geno and post comments in a thread  Is Geno a leader?  Its only fair we dissect Fitzpatrick as a leader. 

I don't think you really understand hate vs, criticize.  This seems common amongst those who share your preferences.

Be that as it may, it's absolutely valid to dissect Fitzpatrick.  

Although the longer he remains off our roster and unsigned, the less valid it becomes.

25 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He is not a leader.

Brady wasn't exactly stellar against Denver in that AFC Championship game now was he including on that attempt at a 2 pt conversion at the end of the game. It was a pick. And that made 3 for the game. Extremely entertaining. 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-praise-fitzpatrick-s-leadership-as-he-rallies-jets-1.11200144

“Same old Fitz,” receiver Eric Decker said of the quarterback’s demeanor when the Jets trailed 20-10 deep into the fourth quarter. “Command of the huddle, getting the play out, calm, collected. What a good leader should be.”

Said Marshall: “Even when we were sputtering a little bit, he still kept his composure. That’s the type of guy you want leading you. We’re just thankful to have him.”

Brady wasn't exactly stellar against Denver in that AFC Championship game now was he including on that attempt at a 2 pt conversion at the end of the game. It was a pick. And that made 3 for the game. Extremely entertaining. 

You can't be serious with this crap?

Did you see what Brady did on the last drive just to get the Pats in position to tie the game? Just like Fitz did in week 17???

McDaniel's blew the play call on the 2-point conversion.

Go 5-wide and run the ball straight up the gut and that game would have went into overtime.

Ok so I spent the day watching some games from 2013. Bills at home, Falcons and Cheatriots away. I think, novice as I am, that Geno has a good arm he hits receivers hard both down the middle and on the outside. He misreads the defense a few times and make some error in judgement but isn't that common among rookies? He made some great passes under pressure.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Did you see what Brady did on the last drive just to get the Pats in position to tie the game? Just like Fitz did in week 17???

Go 5-wide and run the ball straight up the gut and that game would have went into overtime.

Excuses, Excuses..... The fact is Brady folded up like a lawn chair in the Denver game JUST LIKE FITZ IN THE BUFFALO GAME.

This team SUCKS this season and their record will clearly define that. This team is just another sh* t team winning about  5 or 6 games in 2016 and is a laughingstock. When that happens you can blame Mac. He sucks as a GM.

Excuses, Excuses..... The fact is Brady folded up like a lawn chair in the Denver game JUST LIKE FITZ IN THE BUFFALO GAME.

I'm starting to agree with 90% of Jets fans who think you are absolutely clueless.

Brady has 4 Super Bowl rings and Fitz has never played in a playoff game.

Go shoot Bambi and calm down.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You're blaming McDaniels for his 3 picks. You're starting to sound like some of these guys. And btw Brady overrides McDaniels. He can call an audible any time he wants to. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

He is not a leader.

So, leaders never fail? Hmm. 

You're blaming McDaniels for his 3 picks. You're starting to sound like some of these guys. And btw Brady overrides McDaniels. He can call an audible any time he wants to. 

It was 2 picks, 2-point attempts do not count in the stats.

Regardless, that was an absolute terrible play call by McDaniels for the 2-point conversion.

And you are 100% correct, Brady could have audibled out of that play at the LOS. The run up the gut was right there.

Still pisses me off.

13 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

This team SUCKS this season and their record will clearly define that. This team is just another sh* t team winning about  5 or 6 games in 2016 and is a laughingstock. When that happens you can blame Mac. He sucks as a GM.

Interesting, what positions do you think need improving?

He is not a leader.

This has to be the most idiotic post of the day. So you are basically implying no leader fails? That's how they became a leader is by failing and learning. Failing as sh*t to do with someone's personal traits. Leadership is ingraved in personality not ball game skills.

On July 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Big Blocker said:

On one hand, I do get why the Jets want Fitz under contract for years 17 and 18.  Certainly for 17.  Looking at Petty and Hackenberg, there is no assurance one will be ready to start.  The hope is one will be, perhaps both ready in the sense one will start, the other be viewed as an acceptable backup.  But as of now?  No assurance either will be ready.

Having said that, it also makes no sense to put this season in the toilet just to maintain the team's options in 17, or even 17 and 18.  As you say there will be other options, including of course possibly signing Fitz to another deal if it comes to that.

The discussion here and I take it among too much of the fanbase gets focused on some combo of complaining about Fitz supposedly not being worth as much as is offered in 16 and saying adding that number to the current offer in 17 and 18 is too much.  But the FO Homers do not question why it is so important to get a 3 year deal. 

My suggestion of a compromise was to make 17 and 18 years option years for the Jets with no guarantees, but at a higher salary if the option(s) is/are exercised.  But as between a one year deal and the 3 year one currently on the table, the one year deal makes more sense to me.

That's not a compromise. That is the FO caving in.

A compromise would be a 2 year deal for $18M if he starts 1 year and $24M if he starts 2 years. 

Also I'm against this compromise...and at least so far, so is the team's FO. 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Leaders accomplish something at least once.

Fitz has accomplished absolutely nothing in 11 years.

Now you're backtracking. And nobody's comparing Fitz to Brady. That was probably the first time in Fitz's career he was in a playoff race. Look at the teams over the years he played for. I think the best record was 9 wins with the Texans in 2014. Maybe next time if the Jets incompetent FO and owner give him a next time he'll be good and luckier. Luck counts too. If Edelman had made a great catch on that throw by Brady they might have won that game. Or if it had after being tipped bounced in the end zone to a Patriots player instead of to the Denver guy.  It was not impossible. Same goes for Fitz and Thompkins on week 17. There's many examples of this. 

Now now Mike, turnaround is, well, u know 

51 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Leaders accomplish something at least once.

Fitz has accomplished absolutely nothing in 11 years.

TX gets it he did so accomplishment something he won the hearts of all pacifist Jets fans who are happy winning but not making the playoffs can you believe there are fans that actually are ok with playing good failing when it counts and watching other teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

hell yeah!!!

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

TX gets it he did so accomplishment something he won the hearts of all pacifist Jets fans who are happy winning but not making the playoffs can you believe there are fans that actually are ok with playing good failing when it counts and watching other teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

Sometimes joewilly if you don't make the playoffs and you have a good team you do make them the following year. You learn from your mistakes and you try harder the next year. You do not change an offense that is working. The best O in years for the Jets. If you want to give all of the credit to the receivers and none to the Qb even though it makes no sense ok. The thing is for whatever reason it works. These players worked together as a group. We did make one significant change to the O already in swapping out Ivory (a power back) for Forte. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I just don't see changing Qbs. 

Archived