Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's weak no muscles flab he's got what they call a dad body,Geno is pumped up muscular in shape ready to lead this team to the playoffs.

Hahahahaaaa ... JW going hardcore !

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, PatsFanTX said:

Sure they are, every July the Jets are the sleeper team in the AFC.

Too bad September has to roll around.

TX come on man you have to have some Jets like in your blood you spend enough time here haven't we grown on you yet.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He's weak no muscles flab he's got what they call a dad body,Geno is pumped up muscular in shape ready to lead this team to the playoffs.

Fitz is actually surprisingly athletic, he ran a 4.08 short shuttle at the combine 

Unless fitz retires, which I think is a distinct possibility, then yes. I wouldn't blame him either... there was a couple rushing plays last season where he looked like he got his bell rung and I'm sure there's a point where the risk of head injuries outweighs the dollars

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Hahahahaaaa ... JW going hardcore !

why are you messin with joewilly and his preferences? I happen to like women with big titties. a friend of mine wont touch nothing under 300 pounds. joewilly likes his men young and muscular. to each his own, ljr, to each his own

50 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Unless fitz retires, which I think is a distinct possibility, then yes. I wouldn't blame him either... there was a couple rushing plays last season where he looked like he got his bell rung and I'm sure there's a point where the risk of head injuries outweighs the dollars

You make a good point. I always felt that he like a lot of football players have a certain figure in mind money wise. And if it's under that figure they won't play. He also has had two broken bones the past two seasons. So his leverage is then his willingness not to play. 

If he wants to retire I wish him well.. He had a long career for a journeyman.. But he is leaving the jets hanging now, messing with the players heads.. You heard how frustrated most are talking about it.. Being asked about you.. We are all tired of talking about it ( nothing else going on now ) I'm sure it's 100 times worse for the players.. Why I think the jets will soon pull the offer soon unless they get close to working out a deal.. 

This is ludicrous. Fitz is 33 and really only has a few years left to play football. If he opts to retire right now, he'd be leaving approximately 24 million on the table. DUMB move. I do not believe Fitz is dumb. At this point, I am beginning to believe that anything is possible about Fitz retiring, but I still do not believe it makes any sense. In fact, it makes ZERO sense. He should sign the deal already, it's time for Fitz to stop playing charades and report to work.

What does it matter that he said out of his own mouth he  DOESN'T want to retire !?!?!?

instead he's going to   Send his wife over here to my house topless (sorry bandwidth not letting me post pic) ... Then she's going to invite her good friend Kate Upton ... ... They are going to do some naked yoga together ... Then invite me to join them for a game of twister  .... Get the second Pats game from last year going on the DVR in the background as they teach me all of the scissors action they like to do together when left alone at the house...... Where was I

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

That explains why he isn't signing the Jets offer sheet.

22 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Your team hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 5 years.

And you're crapping on a team that has won the AFCE 8 straight years and played in the AFCCG 5 straight years?

Must be great to be a Jets fan.

Congrats.

I doubt you ever crawled out your hole prior to Brady. The same hole you'll crawl back in when he's gone

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

You make a good point. I always felt that he like a lot of football players have a certain figure in mind money wise. And if it's under that figure they won't play. He also has had two broken bones the past two seasons. So his leverage is then his willingness not to play. 

Brick chose to retire instead of taking a cut, and he never missed a single snap in his career. Fitz is a family man I'm sure he's serious about his health and being there for his kids. It would also explain why the jets have been patient in letting him decide what he wants to do

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Brick chose to retire instead of taking a cut, and he never missed a single snap in his career. Fitz is a family man I'm sure he's serious about his health and being there for his kids. It would also explain why the jets have been patient in letting him decide what he wants to do

How would you explain Fitz saying " I don't want to retire" ?

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Fitz is hoping the Jets crumble he wants to get paid this is probably his last contract.

7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I don't think it's about patience or benevolence as far as the Jets org. is concerned. And it's not because of health as far as him not signing. If that was the case he would have announced his retirement. It's all about the contract. But sure he might retire over signing a deal he doesn't like. It might not be worth it to him. 

25 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm sure he is in great shape now after skipping mini camp.. Golf and Chasing your kids around the oak tree is a Great workout program  ?

People who have such a muscular base, like Fitz, don't really have to work out much.  Strength and endurance are always there.

I mean look at this...

image.JPG

In no way does that look like the typical super skinny anorexic chick from high school trying to throw a football.

We all know that ball traveled at least 20yds at 30mph.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

People who have such a muscular base, like Fitz, don't really have to work out much.  The strength and endurance is always there.

I mean look at this...

image.JPG

In no way does that look like the typical super skinny anorexic chick from high school trying to throw a football.

We all know that ball traveled at least 20yds at 30mph.

Fitz can throw deep.. He just needs 2-3 steps to launch it 30 yards ? With our declining broken down Oline I'm sure they will give him the required extra seconds ?

2 hours ago, ljr said:

How would you explain Fitz saying " I don't want to retire" ?

something like "I don't want to retire (but I will unless I get my number)" I'm not saying he will retire, but he may decide another year isn't worth it if he's not happy with the offer. It's a very personal decision, especially for a smart guy in good health with 5 kids at home. its called FU money for a reason and I'm sure he's got enough in the bank to live on if he decides to move on

No, he will not.

This is no longer about athletics.  This is a business negotiation, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is an employee who has overvalued himself and has backed himself into a corner against a corporation that is not interested in changing their position.  Compounding matters, he is at the end of his career and has made more than enough money to sustain his lifestyle which from all appearances appears to be rather humble.  The Jets have put him in a position where he will have to compromise his values and work for less than he feels he is worth.

Add it all up, Ryan Fitzpatrick will not be a Jet, he will sit idly by and wait for the first contending NFL team to lose its quarterback to a devastating injury and then he will do what he does best-  pack his bags, play the journeyman, and collect more money for this single season elsewhere than he would have from the Jets, save face, and try for the big long-term payday in 2017.

SAR I

I think he will (though I personally could care less) because I think the Jets want a veteran on the team - regardless of whether Geno is the starter or not. For that reason, I think they'll stick with the one they know can function in this offense. McCown's the wildcard but I just don't see the two sides not figuring out... I just wish the "defacto starter" title wasn't part of the deal.  

Archived