Geno Smith cost us the playoffs last year.

UnitedWhofans

Think about it. That Oakland game was there to be won and he blew it in the end. Every game is of equal value in the context of playoffs. Fitzpatrick did lose more games, but he also got us in position to be there in the first place. 

If Geno successfully completes the comeback in Oakland, we're going to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatrick beats the Texans and the Bills at least once both games were winnable but he choked we would have made the playoffs too. 

You missed what I said. He put us in position in the first place to be there. I used the Bobby Cox or even the Chris Webber " Top 5 reasons you cant blame" as examples.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Think about it. That Oakland game was there to be won and he blew it in the end. Every game is of equal value in the context of playoffs. Fitzpatrick did lose more games, but he also got us in position to be there in the first place. 

If Geno successfully completes the comeback in Oakland, we're going to the playoffs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30554&d=1230

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

you're either straight up trolling or have been dropped on your head once or twice. 

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We couldn't tackle or cover. Cut the crap. 

Just now, shuler82 said:

you're either straight up trolling or have been dropped on your head once or twice. 

Not really. The reason I say this is because Jets fans have compartmentalized the whole season into one game and have judged years based on that game. I'm just doing the same thing to show how stupid they are. Fitzpatrick had a very good season and should be respected more. Didn't say paid, but respected, no matter what happened in the final game.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You missed what I said. He put us in position in the first place to be there. I used the Bobby Cox or even the Chris Webber " Top 5 reasons you cant blame" as examples.

We should've defeated the lowly bills twice, Texans and Raiders. If Geno cost us the playoffs, Fitzy cost us a first round bye.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

280341,xcitefun-haha.gif

Our defense was like SWISS CHEESE in that game! Anyone that watched that game saw that no one showed up for the Jets. Actually Geno played harder than most after coming in completely cold & got no help whatsoever.

Of course he did have that bonehead 4 yard loss again running to his right when he could have just tossed the ball out of bounds.

I think Geno played that game as well as someone could coming off the bench cold mid-season.  If he is our QB this year I wouldn't be disappointed.  I was really looking forward to seeing if he progressed or not.  

This is so true, but Geno's screwing us started a year earlier when he sucked so much that Rex was fired, leading Rex to go on to Buffalo where he eventually beat us in the final game to knock us out of the playoffs.

Seriously, Geno, **** you for that last game. It was all your fault.

40 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The defense didn't show up for Oakland either

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No ONE person cost us anything.   The TEAM played poor in Oakland.  The TEAM played poor against the Bills.  Twice. 

The TEAM missed the playoffs.

Let's not forget the fact that Carr cut through our D like swiss cheese. When you're secondary as getting torched by Michael Crabtree, something's terribly wrong.

You really think we would have won if Fitz was in? And if you're that delusional that you're gonna say yes, then blame Fitzpatrick for getting hurt. Nobody told him to be so reckless scrambling. But of course he doesn't get called out for that. But Geno does!

Fitz scrambles and takes a big hit: "WHAT A GUTSY PLAY BY FITZPATRICK! THAT MAN IS A COMPETITOR! HE'S A WARRIOR!"

Geno scrambles and takes a big hit: "WHAT IS GENO DOING! HE CAN'T PUT HIMSELF IN A POSITION TO GET HURT! HE'S GOTTA BE SMARTER THAN THAT!"

The double standard is hilarious. Funny how certain QB's like Fitzpatrick make ill advised plays and they get called "gutsy" and "risk takers". Meanwhile QBs like Geno do it and their intelligence gets called into question, and we say how they have "low football IQ"

Gotta love it lol

53 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Either you are being funny or you didn't watch the game.

57 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Would've been easier if Fitz completed the comeback after the gift muffed punt - 1st & 10 at BUF 13 with 5:12 remaining at MetLife.

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatrick beats the Texans and the Bills at least once both games were winnable but he choked we would have made the playoffs too. 

You mean it was Fitzpatrick against the Texans or was it the Jets against the Texans? I guess you forgot about Devin Smith's drop of a perfect bomb that would have been a TD or Brandon Marshall's big drop?   

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

... Devin Smith's drop of a perfect bomb ...

Kind of equates to, if Scarlett Johansson hit on me all of a sudden and I "dropped the ball" because I was so freakin' surprised.

Sure, it could happen.  Just not likely.  Same with Fitz throwing a perfect bomb.  Devin was probably in shock from disbelief. 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Kind of equates to, if Scarlett Johansson hit on me all of a sudden and I "dropped the ball" because I was so freakin' surprised.

Sure, it could happen.  Just not likely.  Same with Fitz throwing a perfect bomb.  Devin was probably in shock from disbelief. 

It was a beautiful pass, it should have been caught. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:
1 14:54 1 10 NYJ 15 Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Brandon Marshall for 8 yards (tackle by D.J. Hayden) 0 0 -0.22 0.48 39.8
1 14:20 2 2 NYJ 23 Chris Ivory middle for -3 yards (tackle by Khalil Mack) 0 0 0.48 -0.76 43.5
1 13:37 3 5 NYJ 20 Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Jeremy Kerley for 6 yards (tackle by David Amerson) 0 0 -0.76 0.67 39.3
1 13:03 1 10 NYJ 26 Chris Ivory left tackle for -2 yards (tackle by Malcolm Smith) 0 0 0.67 -0.14 41.7
1 12:21 2 12 NYJ 24 Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short middle to Jeff Cumberland for 7 yards (tackle by Charles Woodson) 0 0 -0.14 0.1 41.1
1 11:41 3 5 NYJ 31 Ryan Fitzpatrick left end for 12 yards (tackle by Charles Woodson) 0 0 0.1 1.8 36.2
1 10:57 1 10 NYJ 43 Chris Ivory left guard for 7 yards (tackle by Curtis Lofton) 0 0 1.8 2.2 35.0
1 10:20 2 3 50 Chris Ivory left end for -3 yards (tackle by Aldon Smith) 0 0 2.2 1.09 38.3
1 9:40 3 6 NYJ 47 Geno Smith pass complete short middle to Jeremy Kerley for 23 yards (tackle by Charles Woodson) 0 0 1.09 3.58 31.2
1 9:03 1 10 RAI 30 Chris Ivory left guard for 6 yards (tackle by Justin Ellis) 0 0 3.58 3.84 30.4
1 8:25 2 4 RAI 24 Chris Ivory left guard for 3 yards (tackle by Larry Asante) 0 0 3.84 3.53 31.3
1 8:02 3 1 RAI 21 Chris Ivory middle for -1 yards (tackle by Mario Edwards) 0 0 3.53 2.12 35.3
1 7:21 4 2 RAI 22 Nick Folk 40 yard field goal good 3 0 2.12 3 32.8
1 7:21     NYJ 35 Nick Folk kicks off 65 yards, returned by Taiwan Jones for 22 yards (tackle by Erin Henderson) 3 0 0 -0.41 33.9

Archived