Broncos Reach Out to Fitzpatrick

JetsFanatic

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think Fitz can survive Thomas if he survived Marshall who dropped more passes than the Drop Machine.

Actually Marshall turned on in the last quarter of the year, DT couldn't catch a cold, Broncos fans were pissed at him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz had a better year than Bradford who got paid 

Yeah, and the Bradford deal was HORRIFIC. But the Eagles had money to spend so they opted to over pay for Bradford. We don't have the luxury to overpay for Fitz at the expense of other positions.

The reason why Fitz was so good last year was because he was surrounded by very good talent. If we have to get rid of some of that talent to sign Fitz then Fitz's chances of succeeding diminish. I am on the Jets side in these negotiations. They are playing it perfectly. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Jets should lower their offer to $5 million for a one year deal and tell him to take it or leave it. This is what we get when you choose not to close the door one way or the other on Geno. Jets, especially Bowles, were very stupid at QB this year,

Are you wanting Fitz signed?

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Wouldn't that be possible in Mo's case as well?? Or is it better if they just take the 15.7 this year and worry about a contract deal next year??

Mo's not a FA shopping himself around the league.  We don't that the Jets are shopping him or Know that there aren't teams interested in Mo or not. 

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

at this point, the proposed 21m 3 year deal I'm against. 

don't need fits around for 3 years. unless its not guaranteed money and he can be cut any time and cap space freed up.

id offer him a 2 year 11m deal 

Fitz wants $18M per 

18 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yet Marshall had ten drops for the year to Thomas nine.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

That stats BS! I saw him drop at least 6 balls in the playoffs!

22 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz had a better year than Bradford who got paid 

Wow, Fitz had a better first half of the season over a QB who missed the last two season due to injury and was playing in a new offense.

2nd half of the season Bradford was as good as Fitz.  And can do things Fitz cant attempt, like throw longer than 20 yards

There is a (small) part of me that hopes Fitz signs in Denver.  He'd do well there (if he beat our Sanchez, and I believe he would).

And Jets Fans would get what (IMO) the majority of them want:  Not Fitz.  

I don't think that's what best for the Jets, of course.  Nor do I think a year of RGIII or Geno would teach anyone any lessons (the same old "needs a fair chance" meme would live on as always).

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If they pay Fitzpatrick near to what Osweiler got paid, fans are going to go ballistic.

Bet you they can get Fitz for 12-14. Not saying that is a smart move. If he's truly asking for 18 nobody's going to pay him that. If we are only offering him between 7 and 8 million as reported he won't sign with us.

On 3/12/2016 at 1:51 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

Yet Marshall had ten drops for the year to Thomas nine.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Hey, at least Marshall didn't drop them onto a female student trainer's head, amirite?

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Hey, at least Marshall didn't drop them onto a female student trainer's head, amirite?

She wouldn't have lived to tell the tale.  Would that be involuntary manslaughter by penis suffocation?  Along with Assault with a Deadly Weapon?

Here's the thing with Fitz. Yes, he had some good chemistry with Marshall and is still the best option for the Jets next year, but: 

* Marshall at times made Fitz look a lot better than he is with some great catches;

* Jets had a weak schedule last year. Next season, they play teams in the NFC West with much better defenses. The only .500+ team the Jets beat was an injury riddled Patriots team (he took advantage of a huge mismatch between Ryan Logan and Marshall during the game); 

* he has no playoff experience, and

* I hate to bring this up because I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady so much that I want to stick a needle in the dude's eye, but does anyone remember the AFCCG? The Patriots were down 20-12 late in the 4Q, and Brady led his team downfield and hit Gronk for the potentially game tying TD. THAT'S WHAT GREAT QBs DO IN BIG GAMES. 

Fitz, on the other hand, had multiple opportunities to lead the Jets downfield to score the game-winning TD against Buffalo in a do or die game, and he throws a pic to McKelvin in the endzone. 

Sorry, Fitz doesn't deserve to get paid elite top QB money. He's mediocre at best. 

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Here's the thing with Fitz. Yes, he had some good chemistry with Marshall and is still the best option for the Jets next year, but: 

* Marshall at times made Fitz look a lot better than he is with some great catches;

* Jets had a weak schedule last year. Next season, they play teams in the NFC West with much better defenses. The only .500+ team the Jets beat was an injury riddled Patriots team (he took advantage of a huge mismatch between Ryan Logan and Marshall during the game); 

* he has no playoff experience, and

* I hate to bring this up because I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady so much that I want to stick a needle in the dude's eye, but does anyone remember the AFCCG? The Patriots were down 20-12 late in the 4Q, and Brady led his team downfield and hit Gronk for the potentially game tying TD. THAT'S WHAT GREAT QBs DO IN BIG GAMES. 

Fitz, on the other hand, had multiple opportunities to lead the Jets downfield to score the game-winning TD against Buffalo in a do or die game, and he throws a pic to McKelvin in the endzone. 

Sorry, Fitz doesn't deserve to get paid elite top QB money. He's mediocre at best. 

Agree agree agree he's no benefit to this team trying to win a Super Bowl. 

6 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Or Fitz!!

Maybe, because after all the talk that Kaep, any QB other than a top flight QB, shouldn't get what Kaep is being paid, turns out Fitz wants even more.  

So saying FU Fitz, get the frig out of here is Jets fans acting stupid and forcing him out.....right after he walked out on us.

Just thought I point out as fan who could live with playing Geno next season. Just to see what he could do with real weapons around him.

If he craps the bed and doesn't finally leave all the dumb mistakes behind, I would certainly not be saying give him another year. If he is not now ready to step up and lead this team or any team, he never will be.

Just thought I point out as fan who could live with playing Geno next season. Just to see what he could do with real weapons around him.

If he craps the bed and doesn't finally leave all the dumb mistakes behind, I would certainly not be saying give him another year. If he is not now ready to step up and lead this team or any team, he never will be.

God forbid the worse goes down and marshall or decker get hurt, and geno serves up another lovely performance we can all read topics nex year "not fair for geno he lost all his weapons"

Geno sucks. Wrs dont make great qbs.

Look at brady. Give him a bunch of nobodys and he some how always makes them a star or makes ir work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Bet you they can get Fitz for 12-14. Not saying that is a smart move. If he's truly asking for 18 nobody's going to pay him that. If we are only offering him between 7 and 8 million as reported he won't sign with us.

Curious ... If the Jets are offering 7-8 ... Why don't the Bronco's offer a take it or leave it 9-10 million per year deal? No need for them to go up to 12

I have been saying this for a week now... Sexton and/or Fitz seriously misjudged his market value. Elway, who knows a thing or two about QBs would rather trade for Sanchez than overpay Fitzpatrick. Fitz has neither skill, talent, pedigree or age of Bradford, Cousins, Brock or even Kaep or RG III. Jets iMaster Mi-Kel Macc has played this perfectly! Last off-season Fitz was brought in to backup Geno & Marshall said he chose the Jets because of "Geno". I would rather have Geno (God forbid) vs RGIII (Lord help) compete in Chan's system than overpay Fritz. So please. This is a very different regime than we've probably ever had & I been a Jets & NFL fan for over 40 yrs. So please, let's all relax & allow this little saga to play itself out. And I don't think Macc will risk it to continue too much further.

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Try their 2nd round pick.Theyve already offered up their 3rd but Cleveland has (allegedly) offered their 3rd: #65 overall. Denver's 2nd rounder is pick #63.

It's being reported that Cleveland hasn't made a formal offer yet. Kaep's contract is the issue they're still stuck on

10 hours ago, ljr said:

Curious ... If the Jets are offering 7-8 ... Why don't the Bronco's offer a take it or leave it 9-10 million per year deal? No need for them to go up to 12

Good question if I worked in the Bronco's FO I probably could answer that. Nobody knows the actual numbers for sure, so its hard to really figure out WTF is going on.

Archived