RG3 to the Brownies

Integrity28

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Still doesn't really impact the logjam that is Kaepernick and the Broncos.  That domino still has to fall. 

April 1.  That is the date that  Kaep gets $11+ million guaranteed for 2016. Figure the Kaep discussions will get serious among the interested teams and SFO around Tuesday or Wednesday and an announcement one way or the other (trade or keep Kaep) a day or two before that drop dead date.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I think, Jackson + a little more mature and humbled RG3 = Winning combination 

I think this is going to be a signing the Jets regret on passing. 

26 year old with that much upside. Hes going to do well there. He throws an amazing deep ball thats going to match extremely well with Josh Gordon. 

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Might force jets to up offer to Fitz.

I actually think the opposite. 

Thats the price for a temporary starter in the NFL until your draft pick develops. Fitzpatrick is simply a temporary guy. Hes not the Franchise. 

It's a guessing game but RG3 is at best a future successful reclamation project and at worst a placeholder for a rookie qb.

RG3 is likely insurance. Fitz was unlikely to ever go to the Browns but this RG3 signing is certainly a shrinking of the marketplace for Fitzpatrick.

RG III contract with Browns hurts Jets' negotiating stance with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Dickhard Semen-i
ESPN Staff Writer

A few quick thoughts on how the New York Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick are impacted by Robert Griffin III's decision to sign with the Cleveland Browns:

1. Well, the Jets can scratch Plan B off their contingency list. Or was it Plan C? Plan D? Even though the Jets met with Griffin on March 10 and 11, they never seemed serious about signing him. It was, as coach Todd Bowles called it, a "meet and greet."

2. Griffin's deal with the Browns -- a reported two years, $15 million, including $6.75 million guaranteed -- doesn't help the Jets, that's for sure. It's strengthens Fitzpatrick's negotiating position. His offer from the Jets is said to be in the Griffin ballpark, which is insulting. Fitzpatrick went 10-6 last season and threw 31 touchdowns; Griffin was active for only one game and didn't play a single snap. Are the Jets trying to run off Fitzpatrick? It sure seems like it.

3. Griffin's arrival means the Browns probably will cut or trade Josh McCown, who is due to make $4.375 million. As noted on Wednesday, the Jets see McCown, 36, as a potential replacement for Fitzpatrick. Add McCown to the list of seemingly expendable quarterbacks under contract, joining Colin KaepernickMike Glennon and Brian Hoyer.

4. The next domino to fall could be Kaepernick. If he goes to the Denver Broncos, it'll leave Fitzpatrick without any suitors, hurting his leverage.

It seems that this draft is KEY to select another developmental QB ( Lynch, HOGAN! Cook, Adams, Jr.) and we'll have our option of either Trading a late 3rd/4th for Glennon, or signing FA McCown or Fitzy to hold the fort until we draft Chip Kelly next year ([-o<)

11 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It seems that this draft is KEY to select another developmental QB ( Lynch, HOGAN! Cook, Adams, Jr.) and we'll have our option of either Trading a late 3rd/4th for Glennon, or signing FA McCown or Fitzy to hold the fort until we draft Chip Kelly next year ([-o<)

To get the Buccanears backup Qb it's going to take at least a second round pick Jmo.  Who is going To be Winston backup.( if they trade him- that backup might have to play) 

Josh McCown isn't a free agent, and the Jets would have to trade for him.  The Browns can carry him all the way to the last cutdown period.( at that point it does the Jets no good).  

Might just have to live with Geno Smith, and Petty  competing for the Jets starting qb job.

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

To get the Buccanears backup Qb it's going to take at least a second round pick Jmo.  

Josh McCown isn't a free agent, and the Jets would have to trade for him.  

That's why @Raideraholic your opinion is worth Jack $hit on this site as you are a lost fan with no home and you've never really been welcome here or on JI.

McCown will be cut because the Browns are NOT going to pay him his $4M salary and the Jets can be MORE than patient by June 1st, if necessary, since either a young QB will be drafted or traded for by then and/or Fitzy will have caved in. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

That's why @Raideraholic your opinion is worth Jack $hit on this site as you are a lost fan with no home and you've never really been welcome here or on JI.

McCown will be cut because the Browns are NOT going to pay him his $4M salary and the Jets can be MORE than patient by June 1st, if necessary, since either a young QB will be drafted or traded for by then and/or Fitzy will have caved in. 

If Raider says we'd have to give up a second, it means we'll get him for a 4th or 5th. The dude's always wrong. :)

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Piling garbage on garbage doesn't make garbage any better. It generally just means it stinks even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR you get Staten Island's Fresh Kills Park:

trash130701_park_landfill_560.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'd have NO issue trading a 4th or 5th for Glennon. Hell, we got Favre for a 4th that became a 3rd and one helluva BlueBalls season. 

I'm still not sure what glennon has done to make him worth a 4th. His play was regressing pretty badly before he was benched for mccown

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I'm still not sure what glennon has done to make him worth a 4th. His play was regressing pretty badly before he was benched for mccown

Glennon is the classic guy everyone talks/obsesses about who is destined to bomb catastrophically.  I never wanted Glennon and still feel that he is the wrong move for us.

I view Glennon the same as I view most of these other QB's, if we gt him it should do nothing to change our long term QB goals of finding a long term good starter.  He'd have to come in and have an amazing year for us for that to change.

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

i swear i dont understand the interest in mcown. wtf? Hes an old scrub….36 years old.

this means they won't budge to ftiz's demands and are more than willing to just go with any scrub including geno next year until they find a qb. oh my

Statistically, Fitz and McCown are quite similar with McCown having a much stronger arm.  Both have injury histories and both have frustrated many teams who have wasted a lot of money on them.  Both have done well with Brandon Marshall too.  McCown's best numbers were with the Bears (when Cutler got hurt) with Marshall and Forte. The only real difference is McCown is 3 years older, but so what?  We wouldn't be likely to keep either one beyond 2016 anyway.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Here is from a fellow Jet fan Jason at over the cap.( post June 1 cut) http://overthecap.com/player/josh-mccown/1011

Now when you have an asset, and there are teams out there might be interested in a player.  It does you no good to cut that player too soon.   You or the Bronco's want him you might be tempted to to give them 3 or fourth rounder.   ( desperate teams do desperate things).   

Yes he might not make the Browns 53 man roster, but they are under no pressure to get rid of him that fast- they aren't right against the cap.  ( the trading team wants him as early as possible to learn the offense).

Let's see what happens here.

Archived