Sam Bradford: I'm just going to put this here.

Integrity28

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Bradford can play, he just can't stay healthy. If he didn't have that absurd contract, then I'd be fine adding him if it doesn't cost us serious resources in a trade.

I'm sure the eagles would give him away at this point. That contract was idiotic at the time and even worse in retrospect. I'd rather give Fitz 15mil a year than deal with Bradford's contract. Even if Bradford was a slight upgrade over Fitz, he is way too brittle and unreliable. Pass. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Bradford can play, he just can't stay healthy. If he didn't have that absurd contract, then I'd be fine adding him if it doesn't cost us serious resources in a trade.

I believed this until last year.  He stayed healthy and was brutal.

who the hell does he think he is?  He should just be happy he has a job

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sure the eagles would give him away at this point. That contract was idiotic at the time and even worse in retrospect. I'd rather give Fitz 15mil a year than deal with Bradford's contract. Even if Bradford was a slight upgrade over Fitz, he is way too brittle and unreliable. Pass. 

if we deal for Bradford, we'd only be on the hook for 24M over 2 years...  Eagles pay the signing bonus acceleration I believe,

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Portion of the contract would still be paid by Philly in the event of a trade.  I have read that Philly would be on the hook for his $11 million guaranteed money and trading team would only owe $7MM for this season.

His contract is not prohibitive and maybe not much more than what Fitz would be getting. I don't know if Chip Kelly would be interested but there might be competition for his services. I'd do it for a pick preferably 2017. What about a 3rd rounder. But not for Mo unless Mac just wants to get rid of him. 

Fitzpatrick >>> Bradford.  Bradford is a pu$$y in the pocket.  Not really his fault, as he got David Carr'd his first few years in St. Louis, but he's complete damaged goods at this point.  He's not worth $12M or even $7-8M.  If Philly finds no trade partners and is forced to cut him loose, now you're talking.  But not a moment before then. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Portion of the contract would still be paid by Philly in the event of a trade.  I have read that Philly would be on the hook for his $11 million guaranteed money and trading team would only owe $7MM for this season.

that's true I believe plus 4 guaranteed next year too I think...   Bradford is better than Fitz but how much better?  

1 minute ago, aec4 said:

if we deal for Bradford, we'd only be on the hook for 24M over 2 years...  Eagles pay the signing bonus acceleration I believe,

This, I believe the Eagles already paid him 12 million of the money in the deal, and not all of that 24 million is guaranteed either, so the contract would end up being less than what Fitz is asking for, and that makes this a no brainer IF Macc, and Co. like him.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

This, I believe the Eagles already paid him 12 million of the money in the deal, and not all of that 24 million is guaranteed either, so the contract would end up being less than what Fitz is asking for, and that makes this a no brainer IF Macc, and Co. like him.

Bradford deal was totaling 36 for 2.  They paid 12, leaving 24 remaining.

6 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I believed this until last year.  He stayed healthy and was brutal.

who the hell does he think he is?  He should just be happy he has a job

Baloney - he had a horrible O-Line in front of him, no running game, and Sproles was his best weapon in the passing game.  He is light years better than Fitzpatrick.

3 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Baloney - he had a horrible O-Line in front of him, no running game, and Sproles was his best weapon in the passing game.  He is light years better than Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick performed well despite horrible OT's and, at times, a very lackluster running game.  Yet Bradford gets excuses made for his horrid play despite playing for QB whisperer Chip Kelly?  Riiiight.  What were his excuses every other year he's been dreadful?

The only reason anyone would say Bradford is better is because he was a former # 1 overall pick.  That's it.  At best they're equals.  I prefer Fitz by a lot because at least Fitz plays with some balls.  Bradford plays scared. 

Just checked details on Bradford's contract on Spotrac:

Sam Bradford signed a 2 year, $35,000,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $11,000,000 signing bonus, $22,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,500,000. In 2016, Bradford will earn a base salary of $7,000,000 and a signing bonus of $11,000,000. Bradford has a cap hit of $12,500,000 while his dead money value is $18,000,000.

Contract Notes:

• $18M initially guaranteed (signing bonus + 2016 salary)
  • 2017 Roster Bonus: $4M (paid in March 2017)
  • $4M of 2017 salary becomes fully guaranteed in March 2017 (contains offsets)
  • Incentives: $4M

Basically little risk.  $7MM guaranteed for 2016.  $11MM signing bonus to be paid by Philly.  No 2017 guaranteed money for an acquiring team beyond the March 2017 roster bonus.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

why would mccags use bradford over fitz, when fitz already has the offense down and is a lockerroom leader?  why must we always debate other team's retreads?

Ugh, because theyre both someone else's retread and Bradford is younger and can actually throw more than 10 yards downfield.  To me when healthy, a better QB.

This has the look and feel of Tampering from Denver.  If I was John Elway I would have initiated a conversation with Bradford's agent.  With this threat, It probably drives the price down a bit.

Archived