Report: Decker Upset With Jets Over Fitzpatrick Situation

JetNation

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Well, for all intensive purposes, at least it's not poppycock. 

I'm honestly only trying to be helpful here...  the phrase is all intents and purposes. You're welcome. 

17 hours ago, Mike135 said:

OK so it'd be cool if these other guys stayed out?

1. Harris because Pace wasn't brought back.
  2. Forte, cause he misses home and wants Cutler signed.
  3. Powell because he misses Ivory.
  4. Sheldon, because he's gotta attend snti-Trump rallies and cause he misses Snacks.
  5. You get the point.

Decker is a douche.  Phuckin with the team cause he wants his footsie partner back.

Normally I'd say for everyone to stfu on the matter.  But now that Decker has made it known, the professional players who are in work, need to speak up and support Geno.

Macc and Bowles have take some Low-Testosterone pills and man-up.

http://www.jetsgab.com/2015/05/22/de-sheldon-richardson-says-hes-not-at-otas-because-he-has-a-life/

Richardson skips ota's all the time. Dude straight up told fans that he doesn't show up because he has a life. Honestly, once again who gives a ****.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm sure his coaches and the teammates of his that decided to actually show up and put in the work and build on last season as a team give a small sh*t about him deciding to skip out, especially when it's for someone else who, as of right now, isn't even apart of the team.  

Also, Douche Canoe Decker knew when OTAs were. He conveniently goes for his family vacation the first week of them? Either he's an a*shole, stupid, or all of the above.  Marshall is running some charity events judging by social media and Mangold had a kid, nevermind that both of those guys are both older than Eric.  

Decker had from January to most of May to find time for a vacation.  He chose the first week of OTAs by pure chance?  Bullsh*t. Then it also comes out from 3 different reporters that sources close to him said that his absence was no coincidence.  He's coming off as a child.

See Richardson above. Dude straight up said he didn't feel like showing up for ota's. I honestly doubt the team gives a **** about a teammate not showing up to a voluntary camp. Hell, if my memory serves me right Bowles would frequently write this sh*t off as being voluntary whenever reporters would ask him about players not showing up.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'm honestly only trying to be helpful here...  the phrase is all intents and purposes. You're welcome. 

Thanks slats, lol. I was actually trying out some higher level humor.

it was a playful jab at HH's phrase "Granite the Jets..."

3 hours ago, slats said:

Ha! That doesn't make much sense at all when you're looking introspectively! Intensive... Introsive for short. 

(I;m not a fan of common core)

4 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

See Richardson above. Dude straight up said he didn't feel like showing up for ota's. I honestly doubt the team gives a **** about a teammate not showing up to a voluntary camp. Hell, if my memory serves me right Bowles would frequently write this sh*t off as being voluntary whenever reporters would ask him about players not showing up.

Using Sheldon Richardson as an example is not helping your case at all.  I don't know where he's at now but that guy has been the definition of immature and stupid so far, ESPECIALLY last year.  There is a big difference between skipping OTAs for a charity commitment or extra rest, due to age catching up, and skipping them because your kicking and screaming about not having "your" QB.  It's a slap in the face to his teammates and more importantly it's a slap in the face to the front office who are trying to get things done.

9 hours ago, ylekram said:

I don't feel like going thru this entire thing here. but to the bolded, that's the best thing that can happen. the worst is you flush a season down the toilet.

we both want the same thing, but see the means to get there differently. you want to throw a young guy in there(in this case, literally hand geno his 4th starting gig,unearned) and see what he can do. I want a young guy to earn his start. Fitzpatrick is the jets best available option at this point. can geno be better than fitz? sure. but I will believe it when I see it. I am sure that's the way the coaching staff is looking at it also. for me, fitz is a stop gap bridge qb. nothing too fancy,but he is a competent qb and leader and plays well for the most part. he is not going to carry a team on his back, but he will do until something better comes along/developes. I consider him a 1 or 2 year insurance policy. after they sign fitz(its about 100% going to happen) and geno pulls a Russell wilson and takes the job from fitz. that's absolutely great. nobody is going to care about the 10m spent on fitz when the jets are receiving better qb play. if geno doesn't pull a Russell Wilson, well we get to watch at least competent qb play and win some games. that's my take. I like Fitzpatrick, but I would like better. I don't hate geno and havnt given up on him. I just think he is a long shot and way too much a gamble to gift him the job

If you cant go through this then you need to go back to your "nevermind" comment and leave it there. The bolded is as far as I got. 

9 hours ago, ljr said:

Dude ... You've got big blinders on if you don't realize that the change at QB was a nice contributor to all of the positive things that happened. (Somehow instead you've convinced yourself that the good things happened in spite of)

Hey, I dont have QB blinders. I specifically stated that with a good team you an win with Fitz. However, you can never win "because" of Fitz. 

Thats not blinders....thats just the truth. 

17 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

1) Revis is rapidly declining.

2) Revis had absolutely nothing to do with the last Pats Super Bowl win. Actually, he totally sucked in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Just like he did in week 17 last year in a "win and in" game.

Gotta love the Jets for paying him $17MM for the upcoming season. Revis is walking around with a cap that says "Woody is a DumbFu.ck", laughing all the way to the bank.

lol, before he opted not to stay with the Pats, it was a totally different narrative - I don't doubt

16 hours ago, batman10023 said:

the team will spend all the money allowed.  that is a given.  what we are debating is whether fitz is worth it.

it's part of the fun of football.  you don't like it, you don't have to participate. 

you need a better threshold for what constitutes fun... and for what constitutes a "debate" and not just idiots slap-fighting the drool off of each others chins

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If you knew anything about football you would know the coverage wasn't all on Revis and besides wasn't Revis injured. 

Thats it bash our best players and support a greedy journeyman QB that 31 other NFL teams do not want on their roster, that about sums it all up about you. 

lol, what a sad sack 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Using Sheldon Richardson as an example is not helping your case at all.  I don't know where he's at now but that guy has been the definition of immature and stupid so far, ESPECIALLY last year.  There is a big difference between skipping OTAs for a charity commitment or extra rest, due to age catching up, and skipping them because your kicking and screaming about not having "your" QB.  It's a slap in the face to his teammates and more importantly it's a slap in the face to the front office who are trying to get things done.

Just trying to keep things straight here.  Smith Fan?

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

He should be upset. Fitz is smart guy, I assume he just wants a sweetner, not the bank.

Said it before...I'd love to be a fly on the wall for these talks and find out what the real numbers are.  Geuss we'll have to wait for him to sign to get an idea.

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Said it before...I'd love to be a fly on the wall for these talks and find out what the real numbers are.  Geuss we'll have to wait for him to sign to get an idea.

Wouldn't it be more fun if he didn't sign and we could continue to speculate all season long?

It's been a couple days since Decker supposedly started his boycott.  Not that I watch/listen to much sports news on tv/radio, but if this were true, especially if Marshall was doing it too, wouldn't there be tons of coverage?  Media usually doesn't miss an opportunity to make us look like fools.

I haven't seen much at all.

Maybe this is all BS?  

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

you need a better threshold for what constitutes fun... and for what constitutes a "debate" and not just idiots slap-fighting the drool off of each others chins

lol, what a sad sack 

some people like the salary cap aspect of football and find it fun to think about players/team in the way GM's have to.  everyone has different definitions of fun.  if everyone was the same, we'd all have 47k posts on a jets discuss board saying the same thing.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

some people like the salary cap aspect of football and find it fun to think about players/team in the way GM's have to.  everyone has different definitions of fun.  if everyone was the same, we'd all have 47k posts on a jets discuss board saying the same thing.

nobody is actually doing that

and we do have 47k posts on this board saying the same thing for the past month

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Wouldn't it be more fun if he didn't sign and we could continue to speculate all season long?

I hope he signs on 9/11 at 12:59.

On May 25, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Funny thing about that. That was Geno Smith's 24th game of his career in his 2nd season with arguably the sh*ttiest Jets team the past 20 years. 

Fitz? Well, that was Fitzpatrick's 112th game of his career in his 11th season with arguably the most talented Jets team in Jets history. 

LOL. 

Face it, if Geno shlt the bed the way Fitzy did in week 17 this place would have blown up with these same people blaming Geno for everything and anything that happened in the past 47 years.

Fitz?  Not so much, he gets compared to a 2nd year project QB in his 11th season.  Thats the way to explain away throwing up 3 picks in crunch time with the playoffs and season on the line.  As if thats the bar he should be held to as a vet., the way to make us all feel better about Fitz.  

As pointless an argument as there ever was.  All because they're so sure that Geno sucks that they dont want to open up a competition against their chosen one.  

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Face it, if Geno shlt the bed the way Fitzy did in week 17 this place would have blown up with these same people blaming Geno for everything and anything that happened in the past 47 years.

Fitz?  Not so much, he gets compared to a 2nd year project QB in his 11th season.  Thats the way to explain away throwing up 3 picks in crunch time with the playoffs and season on the line.  As if thats the bar he should be held to as a vet., the way to make us all feel better about Fitz.  

As pointless an argument as there ever was.  All because they're so sure that Geno sucks that they dont want to open up a competition against their chosen one.  

Absolutely. The proof is in the pudding. 

Geno replaces Fitz in the Oakland game, throws for 265 yards, 2TD's 1 INT with a 64% completion rate and guys talk about how absolutely terrible he was in Oakland. 

Fitz throws for 181 yards, 2 TD's 3INT's with a 43% completion rate and guys are finding every way to damage control going into the 4th quarter down 17-21 and proceeding to throw 3 INT's. 

The favoritism is obvious. I dont need to talk about how Geno was coming in cold and everything else that was already mentioned, just like I dont have to talk about how Fitz had all the chemistry all the reps etc. 

At the end of the day 2 years of Geno is under a magnifying glass while Fitz 10 years prior is explained away...along with his week 17 4th quarther performance  

Geno replaces Fitz in the Oakland game, throws for 265 yards, 2TD's 1 INT with a 64% completion rate and guys talk about how absolutely terrible he was in Oakland. 

Fitz throws for 181 yards, 2 TD's 3INT's with a 43% completion rate and guys are finding every way to damage control going into the 4th quarter down 17-21 and proceeding to throw 3 INT's. 

The favoritism is obvious. I dont need to talk about how Geno was coming in cold and everything else that was already mentioned, just like I dont have to talk about how Fitz had all the chemistry all the reps etc. 

At the end of the day 2 years of Geno is under a magnifying glass while Fitz 10 years prior is explained away...along with his week 17 4th quarther performance  

Give it up VTF, you clearly have owned this thread.

You will never change the minds of those posters who think Fitz is a good NFL QB.

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

See, here is why you have absolutely zero credibility with anyone other than Pats Trolls and complete idiots..... Lets see you go after the truth..... Geno's first TD was when the score was 28-6, half way through the 3rd Quarter, AKA game was already over and the Raiders were playing the clock. When the game mattered, with all the weaponzzzz that made Fitz look decent, and playing a very mediocre defense, Geno Smith had 0 TD's and 1 Int. He threw 2 TD's when the Raiders were playing the clock, and had nowhere near a 64% completion percentage. Its absolutely comical how you want to put all this context around Fitz's TD/Int and win ratio last year, then you will make an absurd post like this, and claim you are after the truth. 

Hey, the good thing is the Pats trolls and joewilly12 agree with you, so you have that going for you.

Decker should be upset. Football careers are short, and he signed with this team under the plan of a different front office. Last year was probably the one shot he was going to have with this team and it collapsed miserably. In the wake of that, the team is reverting to the same idiot that helped derail his first year here, essentially conceding the season before it has begun. 

It's hard to feel pity for a dude making bank like he is, but I get it. He was sold on a different plot coming here, and instead he's catching the first season of a real downturn for the franchise. This season is going to be a wash and next year the offense is going to begin a complete overhaul due to age and contracts. He didn't sign up for that. Such is life, but I can see why he thinks it sucks. Fitz provides a last hurrah, Geno provides a dumpster fire.

Archived