Bills rookie Ragland out for season

BroadwayJets

Why I tell ya it's a blow you know.  It's a blow and I feel bad for guys that are hurt but you know what?  No one is going to feel sorry for us, I would't feel sorry for any other team in this league so we are going to go out and play.  That's all we can do right?  Go out and play.  Is it going to affect our defense?  You bet it will but we have other guys here and we believe in em.  We're going to go out and play for our guys that are out, we're gonna hit the other team in the mouth and see how they react.  And don't forget our offense we have play makers all over the place.  Will our D be as good as it could have been?  No you can't say that but it's gonna be pretty darn good and i wouldn't swap our guys for any other team in the league and I mean that.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/22109/dolphins-coaches-call-kiko-alonso-modern-day-middle-linebacker

Dolphins coaches call Kiko Alonso 'modern-day middle linebacker'

“He’s a long, rangy, instinctive kid,” linebackers coach Matt Burke said. “He’s got a great feel in space for us and getting in throwing lanes. He covers a lot of ground. He’s really picked up on what we’re trying to do.”

“It’s ideal, especially with little things like having the guy that has the headset, a guy you can keep on the field for all three downs and can play and you’re not worried about it,” Burke said. “So that’s why we feel (he’s) kind of a modern-day (middle linebacker) where he’s not a two-down thumper and you’re worried about his match-ups in space. We feel just as comfortable with him playing on third-and-10 as we do on first-and-10. So that will be helpful for us to keep him going like that.”

Remember that time the Bills hired Rex, fired Jim Schwartz after the defense was a top 5 unit in 2014, then the defense allowed nearly 4,000 yards of passing offense in 2015? 

Then, the Bills were forced to take defensive players with their first 3 picks in 2016 (because clearly lack of talent was the issue, and not a scheme that poorly utilized and pissed off his ridiculously dominant defensive line)? 

And then Rex hired his brother (notoriously bad at his job) to coach them?

Good times.

Just be mindful that Karma is a cruel goddess and if we mock the Bills over an injury (and not to a player who was known to be injury-prone), she can easily bite us on the arse.  Rex gives us plenty to make fun of without picking on an unfortunate rookie injury.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just be mindful the Karma is a cruel goddess and if we mock the Bills over an injury (and not to a player who was known to be injury-prone), she can easily bite us on the arse.  Rex gives us plenty to make fun of without picking on an unfortunate rookie injury.

I'm mocking Rex. I don't see anyone mocking the injury... we're Jets fans, 99.9% of us know that if there's bad karma out there, it'll find its way to us if we taunt it. LOL

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember that time the Bills hired Rex, fired Jim Schwartz after the defense was a top 5 unit in 2014, then the defense allowed nearly 4,000 yards of passing offense in 2015? 

Then, the Bills were forced to take defensive players with their first 3 picks in 2016 (because clearly lack of talent was the issue, and not a scheme that poorly utilized and pissed off his ridiculously dominant defensive line)? 

And then Rex hired his brother (notoriously bad at his job) to coach them?

Good times.

Remember that time the Jets fired Rex Ryan and he was hired by a division rival and he swept the Jets that very next season and effectively ending their potential playoff berth on week 17 win and in game?

Good times. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Remember that time the Jets fired Rex Ryan and he was hired by a division rival and he swept the Jets that very next season and effectively ending their potential playoff berth on week 17 win and in game?

Good times. 

You don't see the big picture very well, do you.

Rex's team was 9-7 the previous year.  1st year HC Todd Bowles' team was 4-12.  The Jets progressed.  The Bills, with a highly talented roster, regressed.

Rex can treat that like a Super Bowl win all he likes.  He'll be fired by Buffalo within the next couple of years.  Bowles might well be a keeper.  Rex hasn't learned from his previous mistakes.  Bowles appears like a guy willing to learn.  Massive difference between the 2 coaches right now in terms of ceiling/potential.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Considering your stance on Fitz vs. Geno and then you reveling in injuries on a team that swept us last year and our ended season...I think I see the big picture a lot better than you do my friend. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

ragland going down is bad luck.  but they also drafted lawson and then announced he needed shoulder surgery when it was known before the draft he had bad shoulders.  at least when the jets play them week 2 those guys won't be playing.  

Rex's raging hard-on for anything Clemson will play at least a small part in his undoing.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Considering your stance on Fitz vs. Geno and then you reveling in injuries on a team that swept us last year and our ended season...I think I see the big picture a lot better than you do my friend. 

I'm not reveling in injury.  I'm reveling in the fact that we won't have to worry about the Bills over the long haul as long as Rex is there.  The Bills never should have had to draft a Ragland in the first place.  Or a Shaq Lawson either, for that matter.  But Rex sucks at coaching defense these days, even when that used to be the one thing he could hang his hat on.

Rex jumped the shark years ago.  That's the "big picture" I'm talking about here.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not reveling in injury.  I'm reveling in the fact that we won't have to worry about the Bills over the long haul as long as Rex is there.  The Bills never should have had to draft a Ragland in the first place.  Or a Shaq Lawson either, for that matter.  But Rex sucks at coaching defense these days, even when that used to be the one thing he could hang his hat on.

Rex jumped the shark years ago.  That's the "big picture" I'm talking about here.

Rex beat us last year, so he is, Very Good

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is so stupid its not worth responding to.

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember that time Rex raded away talented ILB Kiko Alonso for an oft-injured and heavily used RB, then were forced to take another ILB in the 2nd round a year later?

Nah, they won't miss this guy at all:

kiko.0.gif

Alonso is a tiny linebacker

While it is part of a game, I HATE hearing about these young guys who blow a knee out three days into their first true practice.  I think of Dante Fowler last year.  You work your whole life to get to that point, and you have barely got any dirt on your jersey and you are out for a year, potentially never to be the same.

Shame......that said, F the Bills......

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good times. 

I celebrate Rex Ryan's firing every day.  He didn't beat us last year; we lost, big difference.

As for the injured rookie, at least he doesn't have to un-learn this year's playbook when the new coach comes in.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex's team was 9-7 the previous year.  1st year HC Todd Bowles' team was 4-12.  The Jets progressed.  The Bills, with a highly talented roster, regressed.

Rex can treat that like a Super Bowl win all he likes.  He'll be fired by Buffalo within the next couple of years.  Bowles might well be a keeper.  Rex hasn't learned from his previous mistakes.  Bowles appears like a guy willing to learn.  Massive difference between the 2 coaches right now in terms of ceiling/potential.

Yes, because the 2014 Jets and 2015 Jets were the same team.  Except for the additions of Marshall, Revis, Fitzpatrick, Skrine, Gilchrist, etc.  That was not the 4-12 Jets from the year before.

And the 2014 Bills were pretty much a .500 team.  They were 8-7 going into the last game and the Patriots laid down for them.  They also lost their QB after the season and had a ton of player injuries in 2015.  Yet, they still smacked the Jets around twice. 

12 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Yes, because the 2014 Jets and 2015 Jets were the same team.  Except for the additions of Marshall, Revis, Fitzpatrick, Skrine, Gilchrist, etc.  That was not the 4-12 Jets from the year before.

And the 2014 Bills were pretty much a .500 team.  They were 8-7 going into the last game and the Patriots laid down for them.  They also lost their QB after the season and had a ton of player injuries in 2015.  Yet, they still smacked the Jets around twice. 

Revisionist history.  The Bills had a top 5 defense the year before and got solid QB play out of Tyrod Taylor.  That should have been a playoff team, not an 8-8 squad whose lone success of the season was a sweep over the Jets.

And you're really only going to credit Macc for picking up 5 wins on the previous season?  Really?  No credit to Bowles there?  You know, the guy that hired Chan Gailey to run a successful offense and quickly developed players like Lorenzo Mauldin, Calvin Pryor, Leonard Williams, and even Erin Henderson?  All right then.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Revisionist history.  The Bills had a top 5 defense the year before and got solid QB play out of Tyrod Taylor.  That should have been a playoff team, not an 8-8 squad whose lone success of the season was a sweep over the Jets.

And you're really only going to credit Macc for picking up 5 wins on the previous season?  Really?  No credit to Bowles there?  You know, the guy that hired Chan Gailey to run a successful offense and quickly developed players like Lorenzo Mauldin, Calvin Pryor, Leonard Williams, and even Erin Henderson?  All right then.

Though I see what you're saying and I don't think you were reveling the injury, the Jets also "should have been" a playoff team last season. Rex and the Bills literally destroyed that. Rex became the Jets head coach and always wanted to beat the Ravens but never could. He gets booted out of NY, heads up North to the same division, goes undefeated against us and sours the playoff bound party. Rex is owning us at this point. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the Jets dumped Chad and he took the Fins from 1 win to 11 who got the credit for picking up another 10 wins..  Sparano should get some of that  as well as Dan Henning.. The thing is you can shade things good or bad depending on your agenda.. The main agenda for the majority of Jet fans is finding any way possible to crap on Rex.. While I think Rex should have been canned with Tanny, I did enjoy the 09-10 seasons and playoffs.. Bowles and Mac imo have the team on a path we haven't seen in years and I'm happy as hell for that..:)

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember that time Rex raded away talented ILB Kiko Alonso for an oft-injured and heavily used RB, then were forced to take another ILB in the 2nd round a year later?

Nah, they won't miss this guy at all:

kiko.0.gif

Are you ******* kidding me? Ask Eagles fans what they think of that trade. Good lord the Rex hate is getting delusional if you think trading Alonso for McCoy was not a steal. ******* Eagles ended up trading Alonso cause the dude was a ghost on tape. Not to mention the fact that the guy is injury prone to hell.

Archived