Amaro

k-met57

14 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/jets-should-give-rookie-jace-amaro-a-serving-of-tough-love/

To be fair his problems with Rex are well known but I think this article was pretty spot on with how he was portrayed as a rookie and based on how Bowles was handling him at the start of camp last year it seems like it may be an issue...

This article was written after the 1st pre-season game of his rookie year.  Ridiculous to have been written in the first place and even more ridiculous to be reposted two years later...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

For some reason many Jet fans seem to have it out for Amaro.  He had a very solid rookie season on a terrible team.  And got hurt in year two (injuries happen)

His rookie year numbers were better in almost every category than Enunwa's last year (on a much better team) yet everyone hasn't stopped singing his praises. 

Amaro is going to be very good...He's working very hard and, by most accounts, is having a great camp.

Im not sure if I will say that many Jets fans seem to have it out for Amaro, however, what I will definitely agree with is that Jets fans have zero patience with young players.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not sure if I will say that many Jets fans seem to have it out for Amaro, however, what I will definitely agree with is that Jets fans have zero patience with young players.

Young players generally produce.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This article was written after the 1st pre-season game of his rookie year.  Ridiculous to have been written in the first place and even more ridiculous to be reposted two years later...

If you say so...

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yup, it's the high draft picks that people seem to have little patience with.   People still refuse to understand that it takes a lot of guys a couple of years to acclimate themselves to the NFL.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

generally is a general statement. 

My statement stands because im not talking about young players and their production, but about Jets fans and their lack of patience. 

I thought we were patient with Mo and Sheldon.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I thought we were patient with Mo and Sheldon.

We have young players all the time, the fact that we drafted so many other young players yet only mo and sheldon are generally the only one's mentioned shows that "young players generally produce" shouldnt be such a general statement. 

Mo and Sheldon are two names. I remember Idzik drafting 13 players in just 1 draft. 

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Young players generally produce.

That's the thing here though.  Amaro had a solid rookie season.  He led Rookie TE's in receiving yards.  He certainly didn't explode onto the scene, but also doesn't deserve the abuse he's gotten...

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

Amaro and Sudfeld looked very poor on the blocking front. And then people wonder why Kellen Davis is first on the depth chart. Amaro needs to become a better blocker and he will see the field more. He definitely has no problem getting open, and he seems improved with catching the football according to camp updates. Still a lot of time for him to move up the depth chart and be a difference maker come the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's the thing here though.  Amaro had a solid rookie season.  He led Rookie TE's in receiving yards.  He certainly didn't explode onto the scene, but also doesn't deserve the abuse he's gotten...

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

On top of the fact that he was injured all last season. 

How do you go from being the most productive TE in the draft (wasnt even the first TE off the board that draft) yet receive so much negative criticism? 

No patience. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Amaro and Sudfeld looked very poor on the blocking front. And then people wonder why Kellen Davis is first on the depth chart. Amaro needs to become a better blocker and he will see the field more. He definitely has no problem getting open, and he seems improved with catching the football according to camp updates. Still a lot of time for him to move up the depth chart and be a difference maker come the regular season. 

Originally, Gronk got killed for being a poor blocker.  Guess what?  The guy busted his a$$ and became one of the best blocking TEs in the league.  I don't get how Amaro and Sudsy can't put in the work to become at least competent blockers.  Frankly, I'm in shock Sudsy is still on the team.

I think a number of people hate on Amaro because he dropped a number of very catchable as a rookie. Plus he's part of a draft class that has been highly criticized by fans and the media alike (though there have been signs of progress recently). If Amaro can become at least a solid TE we should all be happy with the pick.

Idzik was the worst thing that's happened to this franchise in decades.

We really drafted Amaro over Allen Robinson and Winters over Keenan Allen when we had clear deficiencies at the position. And it wasn't like Allen or Robinson were no names in the draft. Most logical fans were drooling over the prospect of us landing them in 2nd/3rd round. Thank God for Mac.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The Jets don't use receiving TE under Gailey. There's no true role for Amero in this offense, and he's not going to get reps at H back behind Enunwa. No one currently employed by this team will advocate for his roster spot. See ya Jace. 

I doubt he's getting cut, but he's probably going to get the Kerley treatment.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets don't use receiving TE under Gailey. There's no true role for Amero in this offense, and he's not going to get reps at H back behind Enunwa. No one currently employed by this team will advocate for his roster spot. See ya Jace. 

The Jets didn't use a TE because they had no one who could catch last year. The myth that Gailey doesn't use Te's is just that a myth. He used Tony Gonzalez pretty well in KC and Scott Chandler had a career year with him in Buffalo. Chan molds his offense to the personnel , he'll use Amaro a lot if it gives the Jets a mismatch against defenses. 

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It's true.  The word is that he also lacks physical and mental toughness.  Enunwa is the exact opposite.  That's why the Jets love him.

That's nice but I don't ever remember that be the word on him. 

Or that Enunway is e exact opposite.  Or even that they love him.  

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I doubt he's getting cut, but he's probably going to get the Kerley treatment.

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's nice but I don't ever remember that be the word on him. 

Or that Enunway is e exact opposite.  Or even that they love him.  

Yes, the Jets are high on Kellen ******* Davis' backup.  Or maybe you think Enunwa was just filling in for Amaro last year.

Enunwa is going to play.  And Enunwa is going to play a lot.  I don't think you realize how much of a mismatch Enunwa is.  But the Jets do.

“It’s been very evident to me, from the beginning of training camp, that he is going to be a big part of what we do, and he’s really improved as a receiver,” Fitzpatrick said after the 17-13 victory. “He’s so versatile, and he showed that last year with everything we asked him to do. But he can really develop into a big-time weapon for us.

http://nyj.247sports.com/Bolt/Quincy-Enunwa-bursts-onto-Jets-depth-chart-46733268

Jace is going to be keeping the bench warm.

Damn, I'd love to find my old posts regarding Enunwa. I was high on this guys measurables  & and had many fans here making fun of me for it. I might take a stroll into the past & find some of those gems,lol.

I think Enunwas gonna kick some f*cking 3/4 CBs azzes this year! Fortes presence is gonna make Enunwa uncoverable when Chan has him run patterns instead of blocking.

Take a good look around the league at 3rd & 4th CBs. Look at ours, would you want McDougle stuck covering a 6"-2" 225 Lb chiseled mass of muscle that can run a 4.45? If he starts getting more confidence & Fitz gets more confidence in him, we could be in for some awesome YAC plays ripping through secondaries while Marshall & Decker are blocking along the way.

Forget trying to defend Brandin, Eric & Quincy, you also have to tackle these big dudes while they're straight arming you into the ground. Love...love...love, the physicality of our top 3 WRs!!!!

15 hours ago, k-met57 said:

what do we think about his play yesterday? i kind of felt bad for him, he kept getting open or at least being in position to make a play, and the QB's kept missing him. he was clearly frustrated.

I noticed he was wide open on one long sideline post pattern in the 3Q and Petty just flat out overthrew him. Seriously, if the throw was three feet shorter he would have had an easy six. Felt bad for him, and showed me why Petty just isn't ready yet. I agree the fact that he got open on a bunch of plays is encouraging. Hopefully his blocking keeps improving

Amaro FINALLY had the lights turn on and he's going to be a LEGIT THREAT to score MANY TDs in 2016. All the doubters and haters will eventually realize that #88 will KILL opposing defenses down the seam and/or turning up the sideline once they toss it to him on an OutRoute in the Flat. Gailey isn't as THICK-HEADED as some of the posters here and will definitely utilize Amaro for the MULTIPLE mismatches he will create on the field for opposing defenses. 

Mark it. 

5 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Yes, the Jets are high on Kellen ******* Davis' backup.  Or maybe you think Enunwa was just filling in for Amaro last year.

Enunwa is going to play.  And Enunwa is going to play a lot.  I don't think you realize how much of a mismatch Enunwa is.  But the Jets do.

“It’s been very evident to me, from the beginning of training camp, that he is going to be a big part of what we do, and he’s really improved as a receiver,” Fitzpatrick said after the 17-13 victory. “He’s so versatile, and he showed that last year with everything we asked him to do. But he can really develop into a big-time weapon for us.

http://nyj.247sports.com/Bolt/Quincy-Enunwa-bursts-onto-Jets-depth-chart-46733268

Jace is going to be keeping the bench warm.

Wow, the QB talked highly of one of his players.  I'm sure they like him, far cry from they love him or always have. 

Amaro isn't keeping the bench warm, he'll have more receptions than Enunwa when all is said and done

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, the QB talked highly of one of his players.  I'm sure they like him, far cry from they love him or always have. 

Amaro isn't keeping the bench warm, he'll have more receptions than Enunwa when all is said and done

That would be a great thing.  Because Enunwa is going to get his share for sure. I hope your prediction becomes a reality because the Jets' O would be a force  be reckoned with.

i think Amaro is going to have a good year. north of 600 yards and 5TD's or so. He is clearly faster and bigger then most linebackers, he seems to be working out his drop issues, and Fitz will get him the ball...unlike whichever scrub was throwing it to him Thursday.

Archived