Monday Bowles Quotes.

32EBoozer

Jets head coach Todd Bowles spoke with the media on Monday. Here's what we learned...

• Brandon Marshall's health is fine, but Bowles needs to see more from David Harris before making a determination on his availability.
  • Bryce Petty (shoulder) should be able to return in a week or two.
  • It will be a redshirt year for Christian Hackenberg, but the other three quarterbacks will play.
  • Quincy Enunwa (concussion) has been cleared to play.
  • Jalin Marshall will be the returner in Week 1.
  • Khiry Robinson would've made the roster if he hadn't fractured his leg.
  • The Jets will probably not keep four tight ends beyond Week 1.
  • Bowles is not yet sure who will start at right tackle.

This team has added some nice talent, have cut some guys that deserve to be cut but are playing with fire the way they are operating.  If we get injuries in the secondary or oline people will give them a pass because...oh injuries can't foresee them.

You have no viable long term QB and no viable TE thus you keep lots of those around?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This team has added some nice talent, have cut some guys that deserve to be cut but are playing with fire the way they are operating.  If we get injuries in the secondary or oline people will give them a pass because...oh injuries can't foresee them.

You have no viable long term QB and no viable TE/ RT & #2 CB thus you keep lots of those around?

Fixed

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

damn we need harris !!!!!

sucks for robinson

gailey unveiling the new 4 TE set for cincy ? GENIUS

I'm a big Henderson fan and I don't see a big drop off with him in there instead of Harris. A drop off, yes, just not a big one.

Harris made me eat my words last year with that performance. I won't doubt him this year, but, man, he's gotta hit a wall some time, right?

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

damn we need harris !!!!!

sucks for robinson

gailey unveiling the new 4 TE set for cincy ? GENIUS

Harris is an important piece.  Darron Lee gonna get thrown right into the fire.  No Harris makes us weaker.   Hope he heals up and is ready to go.  ......don't forget team has to travel 3 days later to Buffalo for another game 4 days after.   

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You have no viable long term QB and no viable TE thus you keep lots of those around?

And we have the anchor of our LB corps questionable and also don't know who our starting RT is going into the most brutal 6 game stretch of any NFL team...just saying :-/ 

9 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

Not necessarily,  I'd love to have see Petty get some garbage time, hopefully with the Jets up 45-10 4th qtr. 

Agree, would like to see Petty get some game time experience this year considering Fitz and Geno are on 1 year deals

and it looks like the best blocking TE or two will stay while the others are on a tryout until Sheldon and Devin Smith return 

"We've got to go with healthy guys that can play football."  

This in reference to Milliner and Amaro.  To me this was the best quote of the day and tells us what the CS thought of both guys.  Bowles was tired of the constant injuries and didn't see enough production on the field to justify keeping either.  I'm encouraged by this attitude...

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets head coach Todd Bowles spoke with the media on Monday. Here's what we learned...

• Brandon Marshall's health is fine, but Bowles needs to see more from David Harris before making a determination on his availability.
  • It will be a redshirt year for Christian Hackenberg, but the other three quarterbacks will play.

Thanks for the updates!

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What ?!?

what would you have done differently with OL & CB to disallow the NYJ to have injuries occur?

What would you have preferred we do at QB & TE?

if you have a better suggestion let's hear it

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who'd you want to keep that we cut? You cry in your beer types always criticize but rarely give examples of what you would have done differently.

OMG we have 4 QBs, and 4 TEs. We should have kept one of the losers that we let go and no one picked up. Now we're not allowed to sign them back if someone gets hurt. 

I heard the PC while walking the BAtDog and one reporter implied that certain players that were cut were to "clean house" of the prior regime's players and "attitudes." 

Coach Bowles handled it VERY diplomatically stating that it had nothing to do with when and by whom you were drafted, but how you played and were AVAILABLE to play. As posted by someone earlier, this coach wants results and football players that SHOW UP to play and be accountable. LOVE IT! I see nothing but good things ahead with this franchise under this stewardship. 

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This was the most interesting quote to me.  Basically means the preseason will continue into the regular season for the TE group, with heavy roster competition.  Hopefully newcomers Bowman and Parker aren't the only ones we'd consider cutting to make room for other guys; Davis and Bostick need to earn their "starting blocking TE" spots.

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I heard the PC while walking the BAtDog and one reporter implied that certain players that were cut were to "clean house" of the prior regime's players and "attitudes." 

Coach Bowles handled it VERY diplomatically stating that it had nothing to do with when and by whom you were drafted, but how you played and were AVAILABLE to play. As posted by someone earlier, this coach wants results and football players that SHOW UP to play and be accountable. LOVE IT! I see nothing but good things ahead with this franchise under this stewardship. 

This post is worthy of it's own thread.  Mac/Bowles cleaned house re attitude/health/ability.  Milliner/Amaro/McDougle all cuts :)from the same cloth.         

11 hours ago, ljr said:

What ?!?

what would you have done differently with OL & CB to disallow the NYJ to have injuries occur?

What would you have preferred we do at QB & TE?

if you have a better suggestion let's hear it

Hackenburg stinks the only reason he HAS to be placed on the roster is that he was a 2nd round pick if he was a 6th rouder he would have been cut and then rresigned to the Psquad, Shell stinks and if he has to play our Qb's are dead meat. we have no worthy Te's but we are using 4 rosters posts on them, a couple we picked up 2 days ago?

11 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Who'd you want to keep that we cut? You cry in your beer types always criticize but rarely give examples of what you would have done differently.

OMG we have 4 QBs, and 4 TEs. We should have kept one of the losers that we let go and no one picked up. Now we're not allowed to sign them back if someone gets hurt. 

You happy happy joy joy types always love everything the team does until it blows up in our faces.  Your psquad is for developing players, your roster is for winning.

17 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The other three will play? That's not necessarily a good thing. 

49 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The other three will play? That's not necessarily a good thing. 

I don't understand that to mean anything unusual. The other three will suit up and play the starter, backup and third string positions as usual. I did not take that to mean those three will rotate during the season.

i still don't understand why they didn't IR petty.  he may miss 2 games anyway.  unless they were going to make him the #2, then he got hurt, the jets figured they'd name geno the #2 and and not rock the boat.  i understand why they kept hack.  but keeping petty active when he's injured, there's something else behind this.

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i still don't understand why they didn't IR petty.  he may miss 2 games anyway.  unless they were going to make him the #2, then he got hurt, the jets figured they'd name geno the #2 and and not rock the boat.  i understand why they kept hack.  but keeping petty active when he's injured, there's something else behind this.

Why pay some guy for a couple weeks at the bottom of the roster who won't play?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You happy happy joy joy types always love everything the team does until it blows up in our faces.  Your psquad is for developing players, your roster is for winning.

I notice that you still neglected to mention who we should have kept over the TEs, or the QB.

Come on 3 guys that we cut or didn't pick up that someone else scooped up? 

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I notice that you still neglected to mention who we should have kept over the TEs, or the QB.

Come on 3 guys that we cut or didn't pick up that someone else scooped up? 

That's not my job that happens to be the job of our GM and front office, the old. 'we couldn't find anyone better!'  is hollow and gets you fired.  I could spout off a whack of names of guys i liked, all that would do would have you try and pick them apart one by one.

I'll repeat, psquad to develop, roster to win.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That's not my job that happens to be the job of our GM and front office, the old. 'we couldn't find anyone better!'  is hollow and gets you fired.  I could spout off a whack of names of guys i liked, all that would do would have you try and pick them apart one by one.

I'll repeat, psquad to develop, roster to win.

Remember back when NE kept a 6th round QB on the roster and they lost out on a 5th string CB. 

Archived