Between family and the NFL

Terry

12 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

seriously wtf man.......you just sound bitter because your wife was a jersey chaser and "almost" hooked up with one of "dem there football players".......its 2016

12 hours ago, thshadow said:

For those that don't want to read OPs post, let me summarize.

- It starts out with what I think is a scene from The Notebook.  Lots of poignant dialogue.  Really pulls at the heartstrings.  It was quite touching.

- Then them terrorist coloreds show up, and they ruin football.

- It then goes all Brokeback Mountain, with him exploring his latent homosexual desires with those guys that watched football with him.  It turns out they were really interested in each other, not the game itself.

I think if he can shorten it a bit, and make it into a screenplay, it definitely has Oscar potential.

You missed the part where his wife had a threesome with his friends while he watched and that was okay because he likes to see them happy. 

Also brought back memories of when my wife explained football to me, oh and black people. 

He loses me when he says he likes baseball and hockey. How can you watch baseball, and hockey? Btw did you know there are black people playing baseball, and even hockey now? Only a matter of time. I saw one guy doing a salsa dance.

I don't know if I want to subject my daughter to this culture. They've infiltrated the PGA, and tennis. Why don't they televise lacrosse anymore? Maybe we'll just stick to pro bowling, and cycling. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What the hell is going on here?  This is not Ann Landers or Dear Abby or Facebook  (I'm sorry Max) but this kind of sh*t the weekend the NFL opened and the Jets playing on Sunday why and who the hell cares??????

Ya really....Ann Landers LMFAO....and you have only posted in here 10 times.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out pal.  **** outta here with this nonsense.  Tell your wife to take your balls out of her purse will ya

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There are many rules but few laws in this league. Once, driving with my wife in her dad's old '86 Impala, as I turned the knobs on the radio, she asked me about Lyle Alzado, and the more we spoke about Lyle, the more I wanted to be inside of her, there, in that car. My erection strained against the harsh texture of my corduroy pants. On the radio, Karen Carpenter was singing a song about peace. All I could think of was Lyle Alzado, cunnilingus, and how Vietnam had changed me. The Impala was going to die soon and my wife was expecting me to replace it with the new Chevy Malibu she saw at a dealership in Manasquan. 

But those were the salad days.

Lyle Alzado was a white man, a maniac, a drug abuser, an early addict of the crude steroids the Russians were using, which had rumored to cause their once petite gymnasts to sprout micro-penises. There was the Rodney King thing, and Watts, and Orchard Beach and this was before the Internet, so the newspapers and Tom Brokaw did all our heavy lifting. We were gladly and willfully naive. Bill O'Reilly was a regular news anchor, and Channel 11 WPIX. We had no idea. My wife laughed. We pulled over in the Vince Lombardi Rest Area and she rode me vigorously for ten minutes. This was late fall and the windows fogged quickly, and we were already late for the game, but I didn't care. The Jets have never been good in my lifetime. Neither was I. I have never been good, but in that moment, with her straddling my waist, cupping her breasts under her Wesley Walker jersey, I felt good. And that was enough: the transitory adoption of an otherwise untenable ideal. I came and she climbed off of me, and we got back on the turnpike. Wesley Walker was blind in one eye.

We drove again. Things were good.

I thought about thug culture. I slipped an EPMD cassette into the radio and played it loud, the coagulating semen gluing the head of my cock to the inside of my corduroys. Louis Farrakhan was always in the news, intentionally I suspected; a stand-in for what the Caucasian media wanted us to believe was the entirety of black society. He was angry and menacing, and those ostentatious glasses were everything terrible. He, with the help of the networks, made me posit the idea that, one day, a backup QB might protest the Star Spangled Banner. And I shuddered. What would I do? How would I feel? Would I ever get a job in the tech industry? I was young, then, and thinking these thoughts helped me grow up. I never even applied for a job in the tech industry. My wife was screaming at me about Ken O'Brien, about his advanced stats. I explained to her that advanced metrics weren't invented yet. We smiled, shared a joint, and I switched out EPMD for some Kool and the Gang. She asked me how I'd feel about her showing her t!ts on the spirals again. I wasn't pleased and I knew then that I loved her and always would. 

My wife just asked me what was so funny, as I busted out laughing reading this sh*t. Yes, right now I'm just shaking my head. Tom Shane, literary genius,lmao!

13 hours ago, Terry said:

I was never an avid NFL fan.

I've gone to one NFL game in my life and that was 4 years ago - to the day - when my colleagues/friends had extra season opener tickets.   Jets vs Bills.  My wife had seen college games before, so she came in tow.  Two of them didn't bring their wives, though; "bundles of joy" being the reason.  Hence, the extra tickets.  

I remember that I was surprised at how barren the skyline around the Meadowlands stadium looked.  I remember the drive to the stadium more vividly than I remember the football game.  We started the trip talking about work and our new project manager.  Midway through the drive, the conversation turned to protection schemes, push-pull effects (not referring to the offensive line) of the offense, and the economics of NFL merchandising and its debt effects on local governments (like us).  And, of course, Tebow.  My wife was my Football translator the entire time, interpreting my friends' play-by-play, and her instruction was impressivley adept.  I was beginning to think I liked Football.

In retrospect, I wasn't so much as enamored about the game itself, as I was happy to see my colleagues and wife having a good time. 

And I realized later that their feelings were mutual.  My friends have long stopped going to games; I think they didn't even want to go to that Bills-Jets game without sharing it with someone.  Events such as these are really matters of social polity, a synergy like sympathetic harmonics, forming spectra into a crescendo.  We could enjoy it together in the safety and comfort of our home parties and at the bar.  The game itself was - in reality - the background noise, not the catalyst, never the reason.

There are more important reasons.

I have a daughter now, and we're expecting my son in the near future.

And as of last week, the NFL is banned from my House.

College Football too.

This is my last post, on Jetnation, of course.

It has nothing to do with "concussions", as I believe that the reasons for the spate of litigation has more to do with money than medicine.  As an engineer, I know as much as anyone that the litigation culture that forces us to devote so much of our time to "documentation" and bureaucracy.

Over the years, I've had my doubts about "Football", and professional Football specifically.  

No, I've come to the realization that it is the culture of the NFL and College Football that I have a problem with.

I will continue to participate in the local Highschool Football team activities.  None of their kids hail from the depraved culture that is part of professional Football.

"Black culture".

"Thug Culture".

"Gang Culture".

Whatever you want to call it.  I don't want my children stained with that filth.  I don't want them to admire it and make excuses for it.  I may have to pay for that stadium and the NFL's salaries through coercive taxes, but I'll be damned if I give them my child's soul.

Over my dead body.

We don't have a particularly large police Dept, but every one I've met is a professional who I wouldn't mind supping with - two of whom I've gotten to know more personally.  Some of my colleagues are vets, themselves with fellow colleagues who are now LEOs and security.  

They know their job: to keep the "football culture" out of our neighborhoods, and away from my family.

By the way, the subsidized owners of the NFL do the same with their billions, completely without shame or media scrutiny.  The journalists and PR representatives know not to bite the hand that feeds it.

My God, I intended to write a blurb, and here I've written an essay.  And someone is letting me know that dinner is almost ready.

A disturbing revelation: my wife used to admire College Football, used to idolize Football players from her Highschool, which led to admiration for college players who were nothing like her local, upstanding Football team.   I was actually stunned (maybe I shouldn't have been), she never really talked about it until recently.  As with any such gathering, its attraction was due social polity.  And by a stroke of fate, she says she might have easily fallen victim to Football's hellish culture.  It's horrifying when I think about it as she talks about how many depraved and fallen women (not just men) are in professional Football.

Our daughter will inevitably be exposed to it, but there is not a chance we will teach her to emulate it.  As for college, it's an avenue, but no longer a necessity.   College is a scam.  The truth is that I can teach my son Electromagnetics, Calculus, and Java better than any college ever could.  Heck, why not skip ahead and go straight to G-code?  Like any student, I never learned what I needed from college, I simply demonstrated the skills I had been learned from my father, my mentor, my job, self-taught, etc, skills I already had.   More and more companies realize this, and mine is offering apprenticeship programs which allow prospective students to bypass or escape the college system entirely (I should have saved my family and my company $100k).  

I wish it were my idea, but one of our number has decided to cancel his annual Superbowl party.  There's just no escape from the fact that we're slitting our own throats by bankrolling the NFL by participating in its product, beyond our already sky-high taxes and business affiliates.  There can only be so much isolation, of course, given the interlocking nature of the NFL and its owners limited liability investments- even among sports leagues I intend to continue following like the NHL and the MLB.  

But for me and my wife, among many others, the NFL-wide shunning of the National Anthem and the endorsement of a domestic terrorist group was the last straw.  

Dinner amidst home and hearth, before a reserved night out at the Bowling Alley with friends and family.

Who needs the NFL?

Please take your psych meds and go back to www.finheaven.com

11 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Oh, and why would this guy terry write a manifesto like that on an NFL fan site? He and his wife and his  home-schooled kids sound like loads of fun!  Jeez, how many BBQs did this guy ruin this summer? He'll be raking leaves this fall, wondering, "why doesn't anybody invite us over on Sunday's anymore?"

i hope he has a brother who recognizes that manifesto, and has enough courage to report him to the FBI.

lighten up, Terry. It's football. 

I would be willing to bet his wife still watches football. That is where she is on Sunday afternoons and Thursday nights, throwing down shooters and brewskies with her boyfriend while this schmuck is at home raking leaves, teaching his son how to bake brownies and cookies and stuff

2 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Terry is gone. Never to be heard from again. He'll be found in the Oregon woods, living in a shack, and living off the land. 

damn. 

on a side note I let my 10 year old son watch jaws the other night, start to finish.  He is an avid shark fan.  I made sure he was listening for all of the quint lines.  I haven't watched that start to finish in years.  I had forgotten how close to the end the indianapolis scene is.  what a performance

1 hour ago, Larz said:

damn. 

on a side note I let my 10 year old son watch jaws the other night, start to finish.  He is an avid shark fan.  I made sure he was listening for all of the quint lines.  I haven't watched that start to finish in years.  I had forgotten how close to the end the indianapolis scene is.  what a performance

Greatest movie character in history.

19 hours ago, Terry said:

Our daughter will inevitably be exposed to it, but there is not a chance we will teach her to emulate it.  As for college, it's an avenue, but no longer a necessity.   College is a scam.  The truth is that I can teach my son Electromagnetics, Calculus, and Java better than any college ever could.  Heck, why not skip ahead and go straight to G-code?  Like any student, I never learned what I needed from college, I simply demonstrated the skills I had been learned from my father, my mentor, my job, self-taught, etc, skills I already had.   More and more companies realize this, and mine is offering apprenticeship programs which allow prospective students to bypass or escape the college system entirely (I should have saved my family and my company $100k).  

You are kidding yourself.   I wouldn't deny my 2 daughters the LIFE EXPERIENCE of a great college environment.    

The Peter Thiel no college approach is for the 1 in 100,000 like Gates or Jobs.

Ill take a 4 year degree from a top university any day.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

You are kidding yourself.   I wouldn't deny my 2 daughters the LIFE EXPERIENCE of a great college environment.    

The Peter Thiel no college approach if for the 1 in 100,000 like Gates or Jobs.

Ill take a 4 year degree from a top university any day.

Black people go to college.  Colleges have football teams. It's not a safe culture. 

On September 9, 2016 at 7:37 PM, fltflo said:

Interesting post, was just talking to a friend today about certain aspects of the game celebrations we see from many of our young players.

I mentioned to him about Cam last night and how I would love to see him find the Ref and hand him the ball after the TD and just walk off. To me that's just about as classy as it gets like "hey I done this before,no huge deal", aka Barry Sanders.

Yet I am old school, and it's a kids game after all. Yet ,what I really feel the NFL needs to ban

Is all this so called "signing". I am not sure it's all Gang related but its roots are there and we need not glorify that life

In regards to the original OP, I translate much of what he said into," I don't want my kids or family around black people". Surely another solid vote for Mr. Donald Trump and the new nationalism.

As far as not standing for the anthem, as a former veteran of the United States Air Force, I would become afraid, when people no longer have a choice to stand or sit.

Eventually that will lead to your papers please, no you can't read that book, can I see your passport, as you try to go from one state to the next.

Let us not lose a constitutional freedoms in the name of respect

92 percent of bowlers prefer trump

On 9/9/2016 at 7:08 PM, Terry said:

I was never an avid NFL fan.

I've gone to one NFL game in my life and that was 4 years ago - to the day - when my colleagues/friends had extra season opener tickets.   Jets vs Bills.  My wife had seen college games before, so she came in tow.  Two of them didn't bring their wives, though; "bundles of joy" being the reason.  Hence, the extra tickets.  

I remember that I was surprised at how barren the skyline around the Meadowlands stadium looked.  I remember the drive to the stadium more vividly than I remember the football game.  We started the trip talking about work and our new project manager.  Midway through the drive, the conversation turned to protection schemes, push-pull effects (not referring to the offensive line) of the offense, and the economics of NFL merchandising and its debt effects on local governments (like us).  And, of course, Tebow.  My wife was my Football translator the entire time, interpreting my friends' play-by-play, and her instruction was impressivley adept.  I was beginning to think I liked Football.

In retrospect, I wasn't so much as enamored about the game itself, as I was happy to see my colleagues and wife having a good time. 

And I realized later that their feelings were mutual.  My friends have long stopped going to games; I think they didn't even want to go to that Bills-Jets game without sharing it with someone.  Events such as these are really matters of social polity, a synergy like sympathetic harmonics, forming spectra into a crescendo.  We could enjoy it together in the safety and comfort of our home parties and at the bar.  The game itself was - in reality - the background noise, not the catalyst, never the reason.

There are more important reasons.

I have a daughter now, and we're expecting my son in the near future.

And as of last week, the NFL is banned from my House.

College Football too.

This is my last post, on Jetnation, of course.

It has nothing to do with "concussions", as I believe that the reasons for the spate of litigation has more to do with money than medicine.  As an engineer, I know as much as anyone that the litigation culture that forces us to devote so much of our time to "documentation" and bureaucracy.

Over the years, I've had my doubts about "Football", and professional Football specifically.  

No, I've come to the realization that it is the culture of the NFL and College Football that I have a problem with.

I will continue to participate in the local Highschool Football team activities.  None of their kids hail from the depraved culture that is part of professional Football.

"Black culture".

"Thug Culture".

"Gang Culture".

Whatever you want to call it.  I don't want my children stained with that filth.  I don't want them to admire it and make excuses for it.  I may have to pay for that stadium and the NFL's salaries through coercive taxes, but I'll be damned if I give them my child's soul.

Over my dead body.

We don't have a particularly large police Dept, but every one I've met is a professional who I wouldn't mind supping with - two of whom I've gotten to know more personally.  Some of my colleagues are vets, themselves with fellow colleagues who are now LEOs and security.  

They know their job: to keep the "football culture" out of our neighborhoods, and away from my family.

By the way, the subsidized owners of the NFL do the same with their billions, completely without shame or media scrutiny.  The journalists and PR representatives know not to bite the hand that feeds it.

My God, I intended to write a blurb, and here I've written an essay.  And someone is letting me know that dinner is almost ready.

A disturbing revelation: my wife used to admire College Football, used to idolize Football players from her Highschool, which led to admiration for college players who were nothing like her local, upstanding Football team.   I was actually stunned (maybe I shouldn't have been), she never really talked about it until recently.  As with any such gathering, its attraction was due social polity.  And by a stroke of fate, she says she might have easily fallen victim to Football's hellish culture.  It's horrifying when I think about it as she talks about how many depraved and fallen women (not just men) are in professional Football.

I wish it were my idea, but one of our number has decided to cancel his annual Superbowl party.  There's just no escape from the fact that we're slitting our own throats by bankrolling the NFL by participating in its product, beyond our already sky-high taxes and business affiliates.  There can only be so much isolation, of course, given the interlocking nature of the NFL and its owners limited liability investments- even among sports leagues I intend to continue following like the NHL and the MLB.  

But for me and my wife, among many others, the NFL-wide shunning of the National Anthem and the endorsement of a domestic terrorist group was the last straw.  

Dinner amidst home and hearth, before a reserved night out at the Bowling Alley with friends and family.

Who needs the NFL?

giphy.gif

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:08 AM, Terry said:

I would find it hilarious if your children grow up and become Patriots fans.

1 hour ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I would find it hilarious if your children grow up and become Patriots fans.

It sounds to me like his opinions are weak minded and easily manipulated if those are the values he teaches his children I would say there is a good chance they do indeed grow up to become Patriots fans...or fans of whatever the next cheating bandwagon team becomes.

44 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

It sounds to me like his opinions are weak minded and easily manipulated if those are the values he teaches his children I would say there is a good chance they do indeed grow up to become Patriots fans...or fans of whatever the next cheating bandwagon team becomes.

Plus being really racist... obvious association with Pats country

On 9/9/2016 at 4:19 PM, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

this

people like to gamble......the advent of high speed wifi led to the proliferation of online fantasy leagues.....and what better way to win money than from one of your friends lol

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate fantasy football.  It is second only to Bingo as a chickensh*t form of gambling.  Fantasy league players and Pokeymon Go participants are really from the same tribe. On the other hand, .gamblers with at least one testicle bet teasers and 3+ game parlays.

Archived