**** New York Jets Vs. Cincinnati Bengals Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

WEll to get one, you either have to really suck in a year with a good QB, develop one (which they are trying) or get lucky

Not to nitpick, but you have to get lucky, to have either of the other 2 scenarios pan out.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Larz please use an odd number of * in the game thread on Thursday (3 or 5 maybe 7 if you are feeling crazy)  

the even number of * (4) in this thread could have caused the bad mojo

The season is in your hands :)

Do I still have honors ?  I thought after a loss we picked a new starter.  I don't think I will have a lot of takers at 12:00 wednesday night tho, lol

8 hours ago, jetrider said:

Oh, because the DBs choked that means the QB didn't? LMAO. 

Why don't you criticize evenly?

Fitz played fair. He threw for 2 td's and hit Marshall right in his hands on last drive that would have given them a chance to win the game.  Yes he could have played better but he wasn't responsible for the loss. That goes to Folk and the secondary that were burnt like charcoal black toast.  Revis was horrible.  Slow, missed tackles, out of position. I don't think he even had one pass defended vs. AJ.  Skrine was equally as bad. Williams was running around like a chicken w/o a head. Pryor was invisible. Just awful all around play by the secondary. Cincy WR's and their TE had a field day. They decimated the secondary on those stupid WR screens. I mean can't you see the same stupid play coming as they're set. DUH.  Somethings terribly wrong here all across this organization. All across. 

12 hours ago, jetrider said:

Oh, because the DBs choked that means the QB didn't? LMAO. 

Why don't you criticize evenly?

A pick with 30 seconds left when the D f*cked us on the previous possession is not a "choke".  He didn't play great, but that's different from a "choke".  Learn the difference.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A pick with 30 seconds left when the D f*cked us on the previous possession is not a "choke".  He didn't play great, but that's different from a "choke".  Learn the difference.

You sure like to contradict yourself. The D didn't play great but kept us in it against a solid team.

The last Cinci FG (their only points in 4th QTR) wasn't fatal because we still had a chance with :54 to get in FG range. Good QBs get it done.

But in the clutch with the pressure on, do-or-die, Fitzpaycheck picked the worst possible time to crumble and make a fatal mistake.

He choked. Learn the difference. 

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

You sure like to contradict yourself. The D didn't play great but kept us in it against a solid team.

The last Cinci FG (their only points in 4th QTR) wasn't fatal because we still had a chance with :54 to get in FG range. Good QBs get it done.

But in the clutch with the pressure on, do-or-die, Fitzpaycheck picked the worst possible time to crumble and make a fatal mistake.

The DL played great.  Yet the secondary still gave up nearly 400 passing yards despite 7 sacks.  That's a travesty. 

Between that and the kicker leaving 4 easy points off the board, Fitz was not one of the top 2/3 reasons we lost yesterday.  Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The DL played great.  Yet the secondary still gave up nearly 400 passing yards despite 7 sacks.  That's a travesty. 

Between that and the kicker leaving 4 easy points off the board, Fitz was not one of the top 2/3 reasons we lost yesterday.  Simple as that.

Your man-crush on Fitz is polluting your brain. Imagine if Geno threw that game-choking fatal pick, the tune you'd be playing.

Go ahead and blame Folk for not doing his job, but the truth is we shouldn't be kicking FGs with 1st & Goal at Cinci 4, 1st & Goal at Cinci 3, and 1st & 10 at Cinci 15.

Like I mentioned in Faba's thread. This team will lose many heartbreakers if Fitz can't finish drives with a star-studded cast. 

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Your man-crush on Fitz is polluting your brain. Imagine if Geno threw that game-choking fatal pick, the tune you'd be playing.

Go ahead and blame Folk for not doing his job, but the truth is we shouldn't be kicking FGs with 1st & Goal at Cinci 3, 1st & Goal at Cinci 4, and 1st & 10 at Cinci 15.

Like I mentioned in Faba's thread. This team will lose many heartbreakers if Fitz can't finish drives with a star-studded cast. 

Fitz was brutal yesterday but I can't blame him for that last drive after Marshall dropped that pass.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Fitz was brutal throwing to all receivers yesterday, usually Marshall can haul in a bunch of those off target throws but not yesterday.

He wasn't brutal. And if a guy drops a ball right to him in a clutch situation it's not the Qbs fault. Fitz was ok and played good enough to win. As for off target you know enough about football to understand that those kinds of throws are in the script. And practiced for months so a Qb doesn't not put a ball into a place where it can get picked off. And if he has a receiver with Marshall's ability to leap takes advantage of it.. It's called smart football and hopefully Marshall has a great game on Thursday. I predict he will and we win.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He wasn't brutal. And if a guy drops a ball right to him in a clutch situation it's not the Qbs fault. Fitz was ok and played good enough to win. As for off target you know enough about football to understand that those kinds of throws are in the script. And practiced for months so a Qb doesn't not put a ball into a place where it can get picked off. And if he has a receiver with Marshall's ability to leap takes advantage of it.. It's called smart football and hopefully Marshall has a great game on Thursday. I predict he will and we win.

he didn't have many drops but he had many awful throws.

Marshall had a couple of bad games last year and he more than made up for it. Plus he was probably double covered yesterday. He's actually good enough to handle it but they had a good scheme yesterday. Probably Rex will do the same thing but you know he's going to overdue it on blitzing and that's where we can kill them on Thursday. Plus his defenses regularly blow coveragesm. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he didn't have many drops but he had many awful throws.

I like your new avatar. It takes a lot of guts on your part. Awful throws. Come on now you know the guy was ok yesterday. And that one pick was at the end of the game when he had to throw it up (not throw up, maybe you did). You take your chances in those situations. Most games yesterday were good close defensive battles like ours was. A lot of parity in the NFL and supposedly bad teams aren't that bad. We could have won that game. We could talk about it for weeks it was that close. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A pick with 30 seconds left at the Jets 30 yard line after Marshall drops a game-changing 25 yard pass that hit him in both hands is not a "choke".  He didn't play great, but that's different from a "choke".  Learn the difference.

FYP

Marshall makes that catch, I believe Folks gets a chance to redeem himself and we may have won.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

FYP

Marshall makes that catch, I believe Folks gets a chance to redeem himself and we may have won.

true, but it just seems this offense is going to come up short too often.  something's missing.  they beat up on the bad teams last year.  now they're playing better teams, and despite all the 'win now, this is an old team' crap, it was those very players who messed up yesterday.  folk, revis, fitz, marshall.  decker wasn't targeted enough.  milliner couldn't have done worse than revis yesterday.  maybe using jalin marshall in the red zone more creatively can open stuff up.  the team is relying too much on veterans who are showing they are not up to the task to get this team to the next level. they need some of the younger guys, maybe even petty at some point this season, to create more problems for defenses.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's one play. Granted, I wouldnt say that Fitz was "brutal" throughout, but he certainly had his share of brutal moments, and as a whole it was a below average game. I'd say that he had an average first half and a below average second half. However, I wont say that 1 drop by Marshall clears all of the things Fitz did (or didnt do)

I think Fitz had about 4 batted passes at the line. I seen him throw 2 passes to Jalin Marshall that got him blown up, the last pass in particular hung in the air forever AND was off target which caused Jalin to expose himself.  I seen Fitz throw a pass to Marshall in Quadruple coverage, that if the pass wasnt slightly tipped he would have led Marshall right into being blown up by the safety. I seen Fitz overthrow Marshall at the back of the endzone, I seen him throw a pick on the last drive of the game. I seen him underthrow Decker. I seem him perform a jump pass that was tipped in the air around a sea of bengal uniforms...the same jump pass that people talk about is so stupid when our other QB's do it. The best drive in the 2nd half was the rushing drive by Forte and Powell. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had another below average football game against a playoff-caliber team , there's no way around that. 

As for receivers leaping ability and "smart football". Both Marshalls took unnecessary hits leaping for Fitzpatrick passes that werent "thrown to a spot", but were simply poorly accurate passes that could have gotten both receivers hurt. Nothing smart about that. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's one play. Granted, I wouldnt say that Fitz was "brutal" throughout, but he certainly had his share of brutal moments, and as a whole it was a below average game. I'd say that he had an average first half and a below average second half. However, I wont say that 1 drop by Marshall clears all of the things Fitz did (or didnt do)

I think Fitz had about 4 batted passes at the line. I seen him throw 2 passes to Jalin Marshall that got him blown up, the last pass in particular hung in the air forever AND was off target which caused Jalin to expose himself.  I seen Fitz throw a pass to Marshall in Quadruple coverage, that if the pass wasnt slightly tipped he would have led Marshall right into being blown up by the safety. I seen Fitz overthrow Marshall at the back of the endzone, I seen him throw a pick on the last drive of the game. I seen him underthrow Decker. I seem him perform a jump pass that was tipped in the air around a sea of bengal uniforms...the same jump pass that people talk about is so stupid when our other QB's do it. The best drive in the 2nd half was the rushing drive by Forte and Powell. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had another below average football game against a playoff-caliber team , there's no way around that. 

As for receivers leaping ability and "smart football". Both Marshalls took unnecessary hits leaping for Fitzpatrick passes that werent "thrown to a spot", but were simply poorly accurate passes that could have gotten both receivers hurt. Nothing smart about that. 

it's true, he's a below average qb who we mostly embraced last year b/c he was considerably better than geno and sanchez.  welcome to the nfl qb tier concept.  

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're assuming a lot and they have a good defense. Andy Dalton made mistakes, too. It was basically a tough defensive battle and Fitz was ok. If he had been great we might have won but he wasn't. Hopefully he has a few good games this season and can make a difference. He didn't yesterday but he wasn't terrible. .The bottom line was this team has to win the close games to be in contention for a playoff spot. We didn't yesterday and neither did Arizona vs NEP. 

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Stupid really stupid. Rarely do QB's with ZERO timeouts get in field goal range with 54 seconds. If Marshall catches the damn ball the we would have had a chance. Fitz had no choice on the int. He couldn't afford a sack and time was dwindling. Fitz ain't Dan Marino. But then again who is other than Dan Marino. 

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's true, he's a below average qb who we mostly embraced last year b/c he was considerably better than geno and sanchez.  welcome to the nfl qb tier concept.  

I agree. He's arguably better than the QB's we have on the roster, however thats no excuse when you're ultimately the starter and you're being paid 12 times the amount than the guys that you're just "a bit" better than. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. He's arguably better than the QB's we have on the roster, however thats no excuse when you're ultimately the starter and you're being paid 12 times the amount than the guys that you're just "a bit" better than. 

i think they wouldn't have fared much worse if petty and milliner played instead of fitz and revis.  green had 180 yards.  the offense didn't have a play more than 25 yards. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're assuming a lot and they have a good defense. Andy Dalton made mistakes, too. It was basically a tough defensive battle and Fitz was ok. If he had been great we might have won but he wasn't. Hopefully he has a few good games this season and can make a difference. He didn't yesterday but he wasn't terrible. .The bottom line was this team has to win the close games to be in contention for a playoff spot. We didn't yesterday and neither did Arizona vs NEP. 

Im not assuming anything. Im not assuming that Fitz threw into quadruple coverage. He THREW into quadruple coverage lol....he actually did that.  YOU'RE assuming that those were purposeful passes. You're the one assuming here brother. 

Also, this isnt about Andy Dalton (or Geno Smith), this is about Fitzpatrick's performance, and it was below average. 

Archived