**** New York Jets Vs. Cincinnati Bengals Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

5 minutes ago, rillo said:

Scoring when you're in the Redzone is the difference in the game. 4points were left on the board, and the Jets lost by 1

Agreed. But the Bengals were able to stay in this game because of big plays after and otherwise strong performance by the defense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T0mShane said:

Fitz is going to get chewed up again by Rex and they're going to let Tyrod go at Revis all day with Watkins. 

Well than lets hope we learned from this week and have double coverage on watkins. Tyrod isnt going to like being sacked 5 or more times and the Bills had an injury to someone on their offensive line today. I am still plenty hopeful for the season.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think the conservative play calling in the red zone in the 2nd half killed them. Very predictable. 

I think the game actually turned in the first quarter when they couldn't punch it in on three tries from the 5 already up 7-0.  (In that, I agree with your conservative play call critique.)  Then Folk gets his low FG kick blocked or the line fails to protect the kick.  Instead of up 14-0 early and the Bengals back on their heels, Fitz and Folk fail to convert a turnover into anything and in the process lose the early momentum.  All you can say is that the Jets competed -- D line and O line did well, the sacks and run blocking for Forte -- but creating opportunities and cashing them in are two distinctly different things.  Jets did the first but not nearly enough of the second.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

This is part of the problem with today's CBA; you can't practice enough; teams with young HCs and players take a few games to put it together. Conditioning isn't there.

The big TD was a blown coverage, etc.

My biggest problem is that we didn't adjust to the WR screen; we didn't double cover when not blitzing; we failed on too many red zone chances.

How much we can correct this season remains to be seen; Cincy is a great team, but we should have won today.

Gave away 4 points in kicking game.

2 1st and goals, inside the 4, 3 points.

Not getting even a  good defense with 7 sacks is gonna fail and you need to freaking SCORE POINTS.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think the conservative play calling in the red zone in the 2nd half killed them. Very predictable. 

I've been saying all offseason that Forte ain't good in goal to go, Khiry would have helped. Kicking game ****ed us though. Same as last year, play a winning game lose it on a couple of plays on special teams.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to give Folk credit for coming back and kicking his next three field goals. But those early misses, those were the points we lost by. I think we might be able to conclude that we have a reliable running game and that Forte can make up on the ground for Ivory's loss. He's a dual threat, not spectacular but reliable. I didn't actually see the game I had to follow on Gamecast which is actually kind of fun. I hope to see a replay sometime this week. Our D still gives up big plays on 3rd downs like we did for years with Rex. We showed we are competitive and in the mix against a good team. But they proved more than we did because the Jets outplayed them and lost. And at home. The key is getting outplayed and winning. btw on Gamecast, Cimini commented that in the heat our D looked gassed. 

No.  Thats bull. I'm not going to give a guy, who gets paid decent money for being a good kicker, brownie points for not f*cking up further.  Kicks the first field goal higher, it isn't blocked...if gets his a** out of his head and makes that XP...we win this game.  He cost us the game.  The last thing I'm doing is giving him credit today.

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

I think the game actually turned in the first quarter when they couldn't punch it in on three tries from the 5 already up 7-0.  (In that, I agree with your conservative play call critique.)  Then Folk gets his low FG kick blocked or the line fails to protect the kick.  Instead of up 14-0 early and the Bengals back on their heels, Fitz and Folk fail to convert a turnover into anything and in the process lose the early momentum.  All you can say is that the Jets competed -- D line and O line did well, the sacks and run blocking for Forte -- but creating opportunities and cashing them in are two distinctly different things.  Jets did the first but not nearly enough of the second.

Good point.

2 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

What a microcosm of Jets losses in recent years: special teams cost them 4 points, inability of the defense to get off the field on 3rd and 18, Marshall's drop on the last drive, Fitz's interception to end it. 

Exactly.  I think we would be lucky to get to 8-8, based on what I saw today.  What would Elway do?  Put in The Bryce?  Should Bowles make a bold career bet move, if he realizes Geno is too dense to play QB in the NFL and RF is just a hopeless 35-year old noodle arm that is not going to turn to wine, in order to save the season in time before we are staring at 0-6, or... not?

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Well than lets hope we learned from this week and have double coverage on watkins. Tyrod isnt going to like being sacked 5 or more times and the Bills had an injury to someone on their offensive line today. I am still plenty hopeful for the season.

If there's one thing we learned with the way Bowles handled Cromartie, he's going to let his corners get cooked forever. 

The sad thing is, the Jets will probably not again have all the good momentum and positive fan backing at the stadium again this season, given the circumstances.  What do you think management will do once the boo birds get on RF's case at 0-3?  This is one game that had to be won, just like the Bills game.  And RF failed.  Again.

Just now, FlaJetsFan said:

The sad thing is, the Jets will probably not again have all the good momentum and positive fan backing at the stadium again this season, given the circumstances.  What do you think management will do once the boo birds get on RF's case at 0-3?  This is one game that had to be won, just like the Bills game.  And RF failed.  Again.

The only thing I would add is that Marshall should be credited with contributory negligence.  That was 20+ yard gain that Fitz put right in his hands and he just dropped it.   

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No.  Thats bull. I'm not going to give a guy, who gets paid decent money for being a good kicker, brownie points for not f*cking up further.  Kicks the first field goal higher, it isn't blocked...if gets his a** out of his head and makes that XP...we win this game.  He cost us the game.  The last thing I'm doing is giving him credit today.

3/4 will get you a check. Missing a PAT won't. But there were a lot of them missed last year. Not one guy on that field was 100% and a million reasons why we lost. I mean we can over analyze this game almost like we did week 17.  I mean the coach too, he took those 3s esp at the end over the potential 6. But when you're down by 2 with only a couple of minutes left you can't blame him. As for Marshall again I didn't see the game but sounds like they doubled him all day. Plus he dropped that pass right to him on the last drive. We really needed that one. Just wondering did Robby Anderson get any targets today? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If there's one thing we learned with the way Bowles handled Cromartie, he's going to let his corners get cooked forever. 

They did give his safety help that is why Revis deserves all the blasting he is getting.  On that one big play he is jogging down the field and wondering why the safey who is supposed to cover his ass is not there.

This game was very much like some big games last year.  The coach says before the game we can't let the best players beat us and then proceed to do just that.  If REvis plays this year like he did today we are in so much trouble.  Good thing we used our 1st two picks on a guy that sees the field on 1/3 of the d snaps and a qb who will not see the field for two more years.

2 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Today is the kind of day it's really not a bad thing to be an ex-season ticket holder. That parking lot right now must be like a scene from the "Walking Dead". 

4 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

What's with u man are u a ******* Dolphins fan or something? You are suspect. 

Very depressing loss due to the situation we were in. Couldve had a leg up for a bit in the division.

Bunch of blame to go around for the loss. Hope we get it together, because the team looked pretty good in some areas and could be a force this year.

But, its effing disappointing right now...

Archived