On to Buffalo

kevinc855

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Basically this is a must game. For both teams. For the Jets in terms of numbers as well as psychologically. 

The losing team of this game really will find itself playing catchup the rest of the season for any shot at a wildcard. Loser will have 2 losses, 1 in AFCE, the other in AFC. 

Take a step back, recognize the Bills will almost always beat themselves several times every game(penalties, clock management,stupid offense) and try to do the things that worked on both sides of the ball (running wide, short to medium passes, great pass rush) .And get the secondary in average form. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The losing team of this game really will find itself playing catchup the rest of the season for any shot at a wildcard. Loser will have 2 losses, 1 in AFCE, the other in AFC. 

Take a step back, recognize the Bills will almost always beat themselves several times every game(penalties, clock management,stupid offense) and try to do the things that worked on both sides of the ball (running wide, short to medium passes, great pass rush) .And get the secondary in average form. 

I think Tyrod Tayor can exploit our secondary if they are as bad as they were on Sunday. There has to be better play from them if we are going to win.  And Buff is the home team. They should be the favorites but I think we're a better team. 

I hate....hate....hate Thursday night games..... NFL greed doesn't care how much this disrupts proper preparation & game planning. NFL greed doesn't care that the odds increase for a dinged player to get seriously hurt with 0 days to properly heal. NFL doesn't care that we the fans of the losing team will need therapy to withstand 10 days of enduring an 0-2 record. Let us pleeeeeeeeeeeease put the 2nd nail in the Ryan brothers' coffin.

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Jets owner Woody Johnson, speaking at a charity event in Manhattan, sounded a bit troubled by his team's 0-1 start. "I prefer winning," he said, according to the New York Daily News. "We've got to get it together. We can play a lot better than that."

3 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Watkins is expected to miss the game with a foot injury. I hope that is correct. Jets have a lot of work to do on their porous secondary. Can't put Revis on an island anymore and can't afford brainfarts like the one Gilchrist and Williams made. 

9388.jpg

Bills coach Rex Ryan says Sammy Watkins (foot) is "sore," but that the team has no plans to shut him down.

"Hopefully he'll progress through the week and be ready," Ryan said of Watkins' Week 2 outlook. "I'm confident he'll be OK." Clearly Watkins' status shouldn't be taken for granted, but it seems more likely than not that he suits up against the Jets on Thursday. The problem, of course, is that Watkins has played at less than 100 percent many times in the past, and often hasn't been effective. He's shaping up as a boom-or-bust WR2 until he gets over the residual soreness from his spring foot injury.
Sep 12 - 2:48 PM

9 minutes ago, joewilly said:

I hate....hate....hate Thursday night games..... NFL greed doesn't care how much this disrupts proper preparation & game planning. NFL greed doesn't care that the odds increase for a dinged player to get seriously hurt with 0 days to properly heal. NFL doesn't care that we the fans of the losing team will need therapy to withstand 10 days of enduring an 0-2 record. Let us pleeeeeeeeeeeease put the 2nd nail in the Ryan brothers' coffin.

Yeah, but what about player safety? 

14 minutes ago, joewilly said:

I hate TN games too but people watch so they will keep playing them.  what is great now is we get to wear special hideous uniforms for the TN games.  

The only Thursday Night game I want to play in is the opener at home...some day.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

People complain about Thursday night games and injuries but forget on the flip side they get 10 days rest before their next game.

Friend we wait from Jan to September to watch games. No fan should have to endure 10 days between games when the season does finally get here. Thursday night games are a horrible idea.

It's time to beat BUF.  We've wet the bed repeatedly over the past two years in many different
fashions:

- Not coming through with the playoffs on the line
- Committing 3+ turnovers in games and coming up 5 points short
- Getting blown out

Time to stop the nonsense and beat a team that's been hit with injuries & suspensions and get
to 1-1.  No excuses

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Tyrod Tayor can exploit our secondary if they are as bad as they were on Sunday. There has to be better play from them if we are going to win.  And Buff is the home team. They should be the favorites but I think we're a better team. 

The Jets need to bring the heat on Taylor. Now that we supposedly have some speed at LB we should be able to deal with his scrambling and designated runs.

Buffalo Bills fans have become notorious over this past season for their rowdy tailgates, where people have been spotted fighting, stopping traffic by mooning cars and having sex in the parking lot.

But before the team's final game of the year against the New York Jets, Bills fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park got pumped up with their usual routine: jumping on plastic tables. 

One fan had an especially exciting afternoon, when he slammed into a burning table and then running around for several seconds before realizing he was on fire. 

His friends came to the rescue though, by dousing him in beer. 

A Buffalo Bills fan accidentally lit himself on fire on Sunday as he tried to break a plastic table during a tailgate before the game between the Bills and the New York Jets at Ralph Wilson Stadium

A Buffalo Bills fan accidentally lit himself on fire on Sunday as he tried to break a plastic table during a tailgate before the game between the Bills and the New York Jets at Ralph Wilson Stadium

The man gets up from the table and runs around the area celebrating his achievement of breaking the table
But surrounding fans soon start yelling 'Oh my god!' and 'He's on fire'

The man gets up from the table and runs around the area celebrating his achievement of breaking the table. But surrounding fans soon start yelling 'Oh my god!' and 'He's on fire'

In a video of Sunday's tailgate, the fan jumps into a plastic table, which is held by a friend and covered in flames. 

He breaks the table, stands up and celebrates, running around the open space around him, all the while his jacket and pants are on fire.  

His friends soon run after him, pouring beer on his jacket in an attempt to put the fire out as fellow fans shout out 'He's on fire' and 'Oh my God!'. 

The friends eventually push the fan into a closely parked bus and suffocate the flames. 

Several fans begin chasing the man around the area, dousing him in cans of beer in an attempt to put out the fire

Several fans begin chasing the man around the area, dousing him in cans of beer in an attempt to put out the fire

Still pouring beers on the man, they eventually get him pushed into a nearby parked bus
They push the man into the side of the bus to suffocate the flames

Still pouring beers on the man, they eventually get him pushed into a nearby parked bus. They push the man into the side of the bus to suffocate the flames

Across the tailgate, another fan was filmed trying to break a table by back-flipping off of a truck bead on to the table. Instead, he doesn't make it fully around in the flip, hits his face on the table and lands on the cement.  

Another fan was filmed using a plastic table as a sled in upstate New York's wintry weather. 

Bills Fans, who have been called #billsmafia on social media, have caused such debauchery that Deadspin created a compilation of the messiest moments of the fans' tailgates this year. 

The Bills beat the Jets 22-17, ending their final week of the NFL regular season with a record of 8-8. 

Once the flames were put out, the man, appearing to be unharmed, carried on his reckless day at the tailgate

Once the flames were put out, the man, appearing to be unharmed, carried on his reckless day at the tailgate

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll say one thing the losing teams fan forums is going to resemble this next week.

DumpsterFire2.jpg

I don't know if I can handle Bowles starting 0-3 against Rex.  It's almost a fireable offense on its own.  The term "must-win game" is overused, but even so, this is a must-win game.  Gotta have it.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Buffalo Bills fans have become notorious over this past season for their rowdy tailgates, where people have been spotted fighting, stopping traffic by mooning cars and having sex in the parking lot.

But before the team's final game of the year against the New York Jets, Bills fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park got pumped up with their usual routine: jumping on plastic tables.

I have some friends from Western NY, we went to college together.

I remember when i asked one of them, 'you must have been to a few Bills games?'...he said, 'Nah, there's no ******* way i'd ever go to a game.'

I can see why.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

we were 0-1 in 98 as well.  Where is Vinny anyway?

Said the SAME EXACT THING to myself. We were 0-2 until THAT GLORIOUS RUN of '98 began when we only lost 2 out of  our last 15 games thru the Division Playoffs.

I STILL remember whoring myself out that year at BU to this chick who resided in Lorreto Hall (they were given free cable as compensation for the longer commute to campus) JUST to watch the Jets games as I had no TV in my dorm and she had all the games on. We won . . . ah the sacrifices this team has out me through. :rolleyes:

Anyways, we HAVE come back from 0-2 to make the playoffs before, so it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE, but most likely improbable :)

WE CAN DO IT!

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bills mafia can drink. I mean they go way beyond cool drinking tho. Its a whole new level of weirdness and blacking out type of drinking

It's too see if they can reach a level of unconsciousness that will miraculously forever teleport them OUT of Western New York. :D

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Said the SAME EXACT THING to myself. We were 0-2 until THAT GLORIOUS RUN of '98 began when we only lost 2 out of  our last 15 games thru the Division Playoffs.

I STILL remember whoring myself out that year at BU to this chick who resided in Lorreto Hall (they were given free cable as compensation for the longer commute to campus) JUST to watch the Jets games as I had no TV in my dorm and she had all the games on. We won . . . ah the sacrifices this team has out me through. :rolleyes:

Anyways, we HAVE come back from 0-2 to make the playoffs before, so it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE, but most likely improbable :)

WE CAN DO IT!

I remember being in Myrtle Beach, sipping a nice drink and watching the game while having dinner when SF beat us at the last minute game 1. The TUNA shook his head and walked off.   I said to myself.."Same Ole JETS".

We were 1/2 away from a superbowl and blew it. Im still pissed. We would have killed Atlanta.

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember being in Myrtle Beach, sipping a nice drink and watching the game while having dinner when SF beat us at the last minute game 1. The TUNA shook his head and walked off.   I said to myself.."Same Ole JETS".

We were 1/2 away from a superbowl and blew it. Im still pissed. We would have killed Atlanta.

Yup. That was my freshman year up in Boston.

For that Niners game there was a POS SanFran kid talking crap all week leading up to that game. First time I had to deal with NATION-WIDE $hit talkers from other cities as opposed to just bickering with Giants fans here in NYC.

That year was SURREAL. I was at that Jax playoff game that corresponding January. GLORIOUS, SIMPLY GLORIOUS!

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles declined to rehash yesterday's loss to the Bengals, invoking the Belichick mantra: He's on to Buffalo. He never raises his voice or gets angry with the media, but he was unusually curt. He wasn't in the mood to look back, claiming it's a short week and needs to look ahead.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Early in his presser, Jets coach Todd Bowles bristled when asked about yesterday's loss -- specifically a Darrelle Revis-related question. "I told you, we've moved on to Buffalo," he said. "I don't have time to go over this. We went over this in the coaching-staff meeting. We went over every player. I don't have time to talk about it now. I've moved on, they've moved on." When a reporter mentioned there was an allotted time for the news conference, Bowles shot back, "I'm not gonna talk about (yesterday). Unless you have Buffalo questions, I ain't gonna be here for long."

The excerpts are examples from The Parcels Tree of Media Domestication and Taming, as performed by former pupil, Todd Bowles.

Archived