On to Buffalo

kevinc855

OK Jet Nation, wipe your sad faces off and get ready for Thursday night. Lets put the W on the board, feel better about this team and use the extra time to prepare for the Chiefs on the road!

Season is early, and missed FG, extra points aside there were some positives to look at yesterday.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

OK Jet Nation, wipe your sad faces off and get ready for Thursday night. Lets put the W on the board, feel better about this team and use the extra time to prepare for the Chiefs on the road!

Season is early, and missed FG, extra points aside there were some positives to look at yesterday.

Lots of positive to take from yesterday - let's hope the Jets take their frustrations out on Buffalo 

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Lots of positive to take from yesterday - let's hope the Jets take their frustrations out on Buffalo 

Damn right. I want nothing less than a good ass kicking and sending a message back to the fatso that we were right in cutting his defensive ass. 

Defensive slugfest. Sheldon is going to want to feast after watching out d rack up 7 sacks week 1. 

Buffalo and Cincy are not even in the same universe when comparing talent on the team. I do expect to see Watkins feast on our secondary but I feel we eek out a victory at the end 17-14 jets. 

1 minute ago, jdeacon said:

Defensive slugfest. Sheldon is going to want to feast after watching out d rack up 7 sacks week 1. 

Buffalo and Cincy are not even in the same universe when comparing talent on the team. I do expect to see Watkins feast on our secondary but I feel we eek out a victory at the end 17-14 jets. 

We shouldn't eek this out, we should win it outright. Bills are garbage this year

This is a game that I would be really disappointed if the Jets lost. They blew some opportunities but played really well against a top AFC team in the Bengals. They looked like they belonged. The Bills are not that good, not that well coached, and have a slew of injuries/suspensions already.

I’m guessing/hoping that the wind isn’t going to be a huge factor in early September so the Jets offense should be able to move the ball well. I expect the Jets to turn those FG’s and missed points against Cincy into TD’s against Buffalo. Simply put, we have to win this game. If we fall to 0-2 with the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers coming up we are in big trouble. IMO the next 2 games are now critical. Buffalo and KC have to be wins for us. If we split we are still not in great shape.

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This is a game that I would be really disappointed if the Jets lost. They blew some opportunities but played really well against a top AFC team in the Bengals. They looked like they belonged. The Bills are not that good, not that well coached, and have a slew of injuries/suspensions already.

I’m guessing/hoping that the wind isn’t going to be a huge factor in early September so the Jets offense should be able to move the ball well. I expect the Jets to turn those FG’s and missed points against Cincy into TD’s against Buffalo. Simply put, we have to win this game. If we fall to 0-2 with the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers coming up we are in big trouble. IMO the next 2 games are now critical. Buffalo and KC have to be wins for us. If we split we are still not in great shape.

We gotta get the W against Buffalo. I honestly see us with a better shot at winning at home against seattle. If we drop the KC game, we are 2-2 headed into Pittsburg. Beat them or the Cardinals to head 3-3 against a slew of bad teams, Ravens, Browns, Dolphins,Rams. 7-3? Maybe....

Just now, kevinc855 said:

We gotta get the W against Buffalo. I honestly see us with a better shot at winning at home against seattle. If we drop the KC game, we are 2-2 headed into Pittsburg. Beat them or the Cardinals to head 3-3 against a slew of bad teams, Ravens, Browns, Dolphins,Rams. 7-3? Maybe....

Agreed. I think KC Is very beatable as well. But they aren't an easy team by any means and are very tough at home. We have to be 3-3 headed into the bye.

There is no reason for us to lose the game Thursday. The Bills proved yesterday they are an awful team and Rex isn't helping. If we can't beat this BUF team then BUF might not be the only NY team firing a head coach at the end of the season.

If you think we are raw about our loss yesterday take a look at Rex's post-game presser yesterday. I guess he's trying to reverse psychology the players but then look at what Taylor said. 

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Sammy Watkins (foot) "could be shut down for several weeks" because of "severe discomfort" in his surgically-repaired foot.

X-rays taken after Sunday's game did not show a new break, but Mehta reports it remains possible he is shut down for the entire season. It is also possible he is able to manage the pain and continue playing. His status moving forward is completely up in the air, but at this point, it seems unlikely he plays a full 16 games. With the Bills hosting the Jets on Thursday, Watkins should be considered questionable at best for Week 2.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

We shouldn't eek this out, we should win it outright. Bills are garbage this year

Looking at the available players for the game on paper and yes we should walk out of buffalo with a W. I just do not trust Fitz against a rex defense. He has always had his number. Its about time out defense scored us a point or our special teams.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

As early a "must win" as I can recall.

Going 0-2 with the remaining schedule, and the doubts already planted, is simply unacceptable.

1-1, with a vengeance win over Buffalo and Rex, in Buffalo, would go a long way to restoring some faith in this team.

Failure, especially a lopsided loss (or worse, lopsided with poor play from Fitz) and we could be in for a long and painful year where the best we'd have to look forward to is Petty tryout at years end.

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

0-2 for us, but at least we wont get to see Watkins put up 300 yards on Revis. 

Rex is great vs rookie QBs or crappy ones. 

heart breaking home loss, short week,on the road, rival coach pumping up "Jets Week" - yea this isn't gonna be good.

Everyone knew this BILLS game was a MUST WIN GAME (even if we had beaten the Bengals) You have to beat your division foes. Bengals game was a toss up & any knowledgeable fan knew they were going to be tough, they went 12-4 & have been to the playoffs 5 YEARS IN A ROW! When's the last time the Jets went 12-4?

But after watching the Seahawks & Cardinals I'm not giving up. Beat the Bills, have 10 days to get ready for KC who plays a very physical Texans team in Houston. Both Cards & Seahawks Olines looked terrible! David Johnson got 90% of his yards COMPLETELY ON HIS OWN,lol. Wilson has a high ankle sprain, he's a running QB, that won't heal before he plays us. Don't give up... don't EVER give up..Jim Valvano. Bowles ought to show the team that speech after they beat up Buffalo.

2 hours ago, jdeacon said:

I do expect to see Watkins feast on our secondary but I feel we eek out a victory at the end 17-14 jets. 

Watkins is expected to miss the game with a foot injury. I hope that is correct. Jets have a lot of work to do on their porous secondary. Can't put Revis on an island anymore and can't afford brainfarts like the one Gilchrist and Williams made. 

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

heart breaking home loss, short week,on the road, rival coach pumping up "Jets Week" - yea this isn't gonna be good.

You've seriously given up already? The Bengals beat the Bills, in buffalo last year 34-21 with the Bills 7 points coming with 5 minutes left in the game. Game wasn't even CLOSE. Bengal were a helluva warm up for the Jets, I'm extremely confident based o the fact that the Bills Oline lost their LT, isn't even in the same ballpark as Cindy, Watkins in hobbled & Darius (who dominated us in week 17) is out. Jets 24-13.

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Everyone knew this BILLS game was a MUST WIN GAME (even if we had beaten the Bengals) You have to beat your division foes. Bengals game was a toss up & any knowledgeable fan knew they were going to be tough, they went 12-4 & have been to the playoffs 5 YEARS IN A ROW! When's the last time the Jets went 12-4?

But after watching the Seahawks & Cardinals I'm not giving up. Beat the Bills, have 10 days to get ready for KC who plays a very physical Texans team in Houston. Both Cards & Seahawks Olines looked terrible! David Johnson got 90% of his yards COMPLETELY ON HIS OWN,lol. Wilson has a high ankle sprain, he's a running QB, that won't heal before he plays us. Don't give up... don't EVER give up..Jim Volcano. Bowles ought to show the team that speech after they beat up Buffalo.

Like how you think. Hawks looked bad yesterday against the Dolphins. Remember after the Monday night game in Arizona, we got Ravens, Browns, Dolphins and Rams. We can run the table.

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Like how you think. Hawks looked bad yesterday against the Dolphins. Remember after the Monday night game in Arizona, we got Ravens, Browns, Dolphins and Rams. We can run the table.

Other than the Browns we are not noticeably better than those teams.  Sure, it's possible we can run the table but it's more likely 2-2...

Archived