### Jets \ Seahawks --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing was so predictable, its not even funny.  Being held hostage for Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Only to start 1-3 getting blown out in back to back games.

1-5 is all but guaranteed.  The worst part is, the 2nd half of the schedule is weak and Fitz will eat, ******* the Jets from having a top 3 pick. 

And here we are as predictable as it was and we all sat here and fought with each other for an entire offseason.  

Just now, JiF said:

This thing was so predictable, its not even funny.  Being held hostage for Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Only to start 1-3 getting blown out in back to back games.

1-5 is all but guaranteed.  The worst part is, the 2nd half of the schedule is weak and Fitz will eat, ******* the Jets from having a top 3 pick. 

And here we are as predictable as it was and we all sat here and fought with each other for an entire offseason.  

We collectivley talk about the QB postion far more than any other part of this team and it is about 1/5th of the sheer and utter suck of the team.  Any better performance of geno, petty, anyone is offset by the awful coaching, off and of wr play, sh*tty secondary, poor coaching, poor schemes, under achievement all over the place.

Just now, Beerfish said:

We collectivley talk about the QB postion far more than any other part of this team and it is about 1/5th of the sheer and utter suck of the team.  Any better performance of geno, petty, anyone is offset by the awful coaching, off and of wr play, sh*tty secondary, poor coaching, poor schemes, under achievement all over the place.

And this is exactly why this team will never get it right 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Let it be, let them have their hope.

They think we drop Fitz, play Geno, and we'll be fine.

This team is horrible everywhere except the D-line.  And for all the cost there, we're barely average.

But desperate angry people need to have hope, so let um' think it's all Fitz.  Doesn't matter now.

6 minutes ago, Powpow said:

He's getting splinters on the bench. He got beat out by a QB who was a 7th round pick.  

:stands up, takes shirt off, loosens belt, turns hat to the side:

:cues up R. Kelly's masterpiece 'Remix to Ignition' on Spotify:

:does provocative bump and grind dance on the coffee table:

:picks up iPad to reply to this nonsense post:

Siemian is better than Fitzpatrick by a lot and makes about $11.5 mil less. The guy who found him traded up for Lynch after we passed on him to draft an ILB in the first round:

:sips from a bottle of courvoisier and pours the remainder down the front of my chest:

:

Just now, Warfish said:

Let it be, let them have their hope.

They think we drop Fitz, play Geno, and we'll be fine.

This team is horrible everywhere except the D-line.  And for all the cost there, we're barely average.

But desperate angry people need to have hope, so let um' think it's all Fitz.  Doesn't matter now.

No dumb ass hillbilly we all know the team overall has issues but its normal to direct your anger towards the qb and coach. 

Why dont you go fly fish or something

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I agree. But that's not how it should go down.

Why not?  Sucked in college.  Showed almost no promise thus far.  I'd guess he takes very few, if any, meaningful snaps in this league.  Would love to be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh yeah, it's terrible all around.  That's why I'm laughing at us and the whole situation acting like it revolves around Fitz.  He's a huge part of the equation, obviously but there is so much else.  I could belabor the point but this is exactly why you dont sign him but I digress.  It's not just him, this whole things a mess and they're really isnt any reason for it.  This team should be one of the better in the NFL and it's not.  Apparently its not even competitive.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Why not?  Sucked in college.  Showed almost no promise thus far.  I'd guess he takes very few, if any, meaningful snaps in this league.  Would love to be wrong.

He did not suck in college. I made an entire thread about it. Maybe I'll do a bunch of film breakdowns to get it through the heads of fans here.

Just now, Powpow said:

Hack is going to be better than Lynch. He just needs time to work on his mechanics.

Yeah smart use of a 2nd round pick on a guy who has to totally overall his mechanics and the team isn;t even doing that this year,  Awful awful pick that will never amount to anything except perhaps make the team hang onto him and use up a roster spot.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If only it were just his stats...

He's not as fundamentally flawed as you're implying. Inaccurate? Sure. Mostly due to bad coaching, though. He was forced to switch up his stance which coincided with poorer play.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh yeah, it's terrible all around.  That's why I'm laughing at us and the whole situation acting like it revolves around Fitz.  He's a huge part of the equation, obviously but there is so much else.  I could belabor the point but this is exactly why you dont sign him but I digress.  It's not just him, this whole things a mess and they're really isnt any reason for it.  This team should be one of the better in the NFL and it's not.  Apparently its not even competitive.

Fitz played great last year which is why they went ahead and made the one year investment in him.  As you say, it's not all on Fitz. Remember, Fitz was signed as nothing more than to be a back up to scrubass and a mentor. He was forced into the starting role and took advantage of his good fortune.  Fitz has actually made this team look a lot better than it is. Mac was rescued by Fitz last year but even if he sucked, Mac gets a pass since it was his first year. The root of this problem with this team is deeper than it appears to be and it rests on Mac.  He spent a fortune on  this lousy secondary.  Signing Revis and Harris to those contracts was dumb and dumber. We can't stop anyone.  Our OL sucks and cant generate a decent running game.  Our LB's still suck and cant cover anyone either.  Bowles looks clueless on defense and his in game coaching is pathetic. Its miraculous this team won 10 games last year, soft schedule or not.  This year's schedule is brutal and Mac is to blame for the lousy defense he has assembled. All that money Idziot freed up and for what: the worst secondary in football which is now a passing league.

6 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

He's not as fundamentally flawed as you're implying. Inaccurate? Sure. Mostly due to bad coaching, though. He was forced to switch up his stance which coincided with poorer play.

Not having Allen Robinson bailing out his poor accuracy also coincided with poor play.

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:stands up, takes shirt off, loosens belt, turns hat to the side:

:cues up R. Kelly's masterpiece 'Remix to Ignition' on Spotify:

:does provocative bump and grind dance on the coffee table:

:picks up iPad to reply to this nonsense post:

Siemian is better than Fitzpatrick by a lot and makes about $11.5 mil less. The guy who found him traded up for Lynch after we passed on him to draft an ILB in the first round:

:sips from a bottle of courvoisier and pours the remainder down the front of my chest:

:

Lights a match...... poof. Calls Fireman Ed from the stands.

5 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Fitz played great last year which is why they went ahead and made the one year investment in him.  As you say, it's not all on Fitz. Remember, Fitz was signed as nothing more than to be a back up to scrubass and a mentor. He was forced into the starting role and took advantage of his good fortune.  Fitz has actually made this team look a lot better than it is. Mac was rescued by Fitz last year but even if he sucked, Mac gets a pass since it was his first year. The root of this problem with this team is deeper than it appears to be and it rests on Mac.  He spent a fortune on  this lousy secondary.  Signing Revis and Harris to those contracts was dumb and dumber. We can't stop anyone.  Our OL sucks and cant generate a decent running game.  Our LB's still suck and cant cover anyone either.  Bowles looks clueless on defense and his in game coaching is pathetic. Its miraculous this team won 10 games last year, soft schedule or not.  This year's schedule is brutal and Mac is to blame for the lousy defense he has assembled. All that money Idziot freed up and for what: the worst secondary in football which is now a passing league.

All those issues...12 mill could have helped.  Fitz isnt an investment, he's a bottleneck worst case scenario type of players.  

That said, Mac is wasting a lot of money so once again, its not all Fitz.

Basically, everything is normal in Jets land. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

All those issues...12 mill could have helped.  Fitz isnt an investment, he's a bottleneck worst case scenario type of players.  

That said, Mac is wasting a lot of money so once again, its not all Fitz.

Basically, everything is normal in Jets land. 

Agreed. But Mac had zero choice in giving Fitz 12 mil. His hands are tied here. He knows what he has in Geno is a waste. He rolled the dice this year with Fitz but his vaulted secondary has been our demise and looks like they play for a junior college.  What makes me reek to no end is all the money he gave Revis, Harris, Skrine and Gilchrist. They can stop a nose bleed.   

Just now, Powpow said:

Agreed. But Mac had zero choice in giving Fitz 12 mil. His hands are tied here. He knows what he has in Geno is a waste. He rolled the dice this year with Fitz but his vaulted secondary has been our demise and looks like they play for a junior college.  What makes me reek to no end is all the money he gave Revis, Harris, Skrine and Gilchrist. They can stop a nose bleed.   

Should have rolled the diced with the kids.  Look at the record. haha.

Doesnt matter either way, whats done is done.  Mac has his work cut out for him.

Archived