Would The Apologists Please Stop

KRL

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I've always had this theory that there are, at any given point, five decent cornerbacks in the league and the rest of them are the product of scheme and compensation. 

The reason so many teams play same variation of Cover 2 or zone. We mock that, want to see that 1 on 1 coverage, but the speed of WRs makes it very hard to do. There are not many corners who can cover 1 on 1. Revis until he took this turn the last few seasons was one of them. Assamagua, kind of the same thing; when they lose that step, it's over. Teams used to shift that old guy to safety like Ronnie Lott, but they don't even do that any more and very few corners are physical enough to be a safety. Until this mess, cannot recall ever talking about the safety helping out Revis because he didn't need help. Now, different story. Add the  since rules  make pressing an invite to holding and PI, and you have to wonder why teams spend so much on DBs; most will fail several times every game . They're mostly a collection of failed college wideouts who cannot catch in the first place and try to keep up with guys who can. 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The reason so many teams play same variation of Cover 2 or zone. We mock that, want to see that 1 on 1 coverage, but the speed of WRs makes it very hard to do. There are not many corners who can cover 1 on 1. Revis until he took this turn the last few seasons was one of them. Assamagua, kind of the same thing; when they lose that step, it's over. Teams used to shift that old guy to safety like Ronnie Lott, but they don't even do that any more and very few corners are physical enough to be a safety. Until this mess, cannot recall ever talking about the safety helping out Revis because he didn't need help. Now, different story. Add the  since rules  make pressing an invite to holding and PI, and you have to wonder why teams spend so much on DBs; most will fail several times every game . They're mostly a collection of failed college wideouts who cannot catch in the first place and try to keep up with guys who can. 

Ronnie Lott was always a Safety.  I think you are thinking of Rod Woodson, but I digress.  It's not the speed of WR's though, it's that you can't touch them.  At all.  You also can't hit them when they are in the process of making a catch.  Back in the day speedy WR's we dealt with by sending a message to them when they get tackled.  Can't do that now.  You also can't touch the QB but to gently lay him down when sacking him.  Actually, for **** sakes it's actually quite alarming that even with today's rules we can't find a respectable QB. 

44 minutes ago, Pac said:
  • Saltiness - check
  • Accusations of mental retardation - check
  • Straw Man arguments - check
  • Hurt Vagina - check
  • Self congratulations - check

Yup.  I own you.

Projecting your personality into my words, accomplanied by declaration of "owning", is your signature white flag.

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Ronnie Lott was always a Safety.  I think you are thinking of Rod Woodson, but I digress.  It's not the speed of WR's though, it's that you can't touch them.  At all.  You also can't hit them when they are in the process of making a catch.  Back in the day speedy WR's we dealt with by sending a message to them when they get tackled.  Can't do that now.  You also can't touch the QB but to gently lay him down when sacking him.  Actually, for **** sakes it's actually quite alarming that even with today's rules we can't find a respectable QB. 

Ronnie was a CB early in his career, switched after a few seasons.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Then name them, name these Fitzpatrick supporters.  I don't see them.  What I see are Geno Myhero's on Christmas morning, celebrating the Jets failure as a team, blaming it on one individual, championing a known bust.  And then I see rational Jets fans making arguments why there should not be a quarterback change just for the sake of distraction from the current state of affairs which will not only make us a losing team again but will likely force yet another coaching overhaul, just wonderful, can't wait.

SAR I

Then you're blind as a bat.  They're not hard to find.  

Or just trolling along, flipping from one argument to another. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Then you're blind as a bat.  They're not hard to find.  

Or just trolling along, flipping from one argument to another. 

Sarry always has a singular target for his blame. Now that rex is gone, everything bad that's happening to the team is because of geno smith. It will be interesting to find out who's next after the QB is gone next year. My money is on Bowles 

1 hour ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

I challenge all the clear thinking Jets Fans who this team should release or keep.

Obviously, the signings of Revis , Fitzpatrick etc are all questionable if not at a minimum asinine.

Talent evaluation has been pathetic, let alone the overpaid free agent signings.

This franchise continues to make the same errors that have plagued them for decades.

If you look where you have been, it's where this team is headed.

Parcells did a good job bringing in Vets to build his team, as did Tanny/Mangini/Rex 1.0 (Mawae, Woody, Feneca, Bart Scott, etc.).

You need second contract guys who want to win.  They should not be signing anyone over 30.

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Well said, KRL..I'd add Pryor to the list of movable players to another team before the trade deadline. I know the NFL doesn't work like MLB, NBA etc...but we can hope...

And I'll add this...Last year when the Jets went into their mid-season funk. IIRC they came out of it once Coples was released. i.e. wakeup call for the rest of the team

In this vain...Id like to see Geno given a shot. if he performs poorly. Release him immediately ala Parcells. Dont let him on the bus..    The team has no respect for Bowles and frankly neither do we fans.

Why? Because he will never do what you suggested.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is a fantasy football league. Stats are always more important

points scored is a statistic that means something too, right? I don't play fantasy football, so I really don't know.

I was surprised to see that Fitzpatrick's stats were as good as they were. In the end, he lead 3 scoring drives, all in the first half, and only ONE of them was a TD.

If that's a "slump-busting" performance, the bar is set so low Hackenburg could probably meet it.

Ronnie was a CB early in his career, switched after a few seasons.

But more a product of. It being a very good CB vs aging out of the position, but yes you're correct. To the person I was quoting, Woodson was a better example of probably who he meant since he's probably the best and most well known convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

You called them "elite".  They're 2-3 this season and havent won a playoff game since the 80's.

Any team that makes the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years is "elite" until proven otherwise.  They were 12-4 last year, a record that the Jets have only accomplished once in 59 years.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Any team that makes the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years is "elite" until proven otherwise.  They were 12-4 last year, a record that the Jets have only accomplished once in 59 years.

SAR I

They havent won a playoff game since the 80's.  And since that time, the Jets whipped the floor with them in the playoffs the one time they met.

You have very low standards. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

They havent won a playoff game since the 80's.  And since that time, the Jets whipped the floor with them in the playoffs the one time they met.

You have very low standards. 

Ah, so the Mets aren't an elite MLB team?  I called them that the other day, must have been mistaken.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Ah, so the Mets aren't an elite MLB team?  I called them that the other day, must have been mistaken.

SAR I

**** no.  What world do you live in?  They're terrible. 

Over the past few weeks, it's become clear to me that you need my help.   

On your own, you're an average poster because you make categorically false statements, often miss the facts and quote incorrect stats.

On my own, I'm very level headed with incredibly thoughtful and accurate takes.  

Unfortunately because of this approach to posting, I cant generate the same amount of mixed emotions you create with your posts.  You are truly loved and hated and it generates raw emotions that is hard to match.  Your ceiling extremely high but you're just not capable of reaching it on your own.  

Hire me to proof read your posts.  If we join forces, we'd be unstoppable!  

Interceptions when we are down in the game doesn't count.  All games are decided by the first TD lead, after that losing QBs stats are thrown out because it's natural for them to throw bad passes when they get depressed after looking at the scoreboard.  

If we go by Interceptions While Winning, Fitz is a stud.  If the rest of the team could just start off the games with a kickoff return TD or a pick 6, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

34 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Interceptions when we are down in the game doesn't count.  All games are decided by the first TD lead, after that losing QBs stats are thrown out because it's natural for them to throw bad passes when they get depressed after looking at the scoreboard.  

If we go by Interceptions While Winning, Fitz is a stud.  If the rest of the team could just start off the games with a kickoff return TD or a pick 6, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

If Fitzpatrick was 1/2 a stud he wouldn't have been with 6 teams in 12 years he's a journeyman gypsy choker bum. 

7 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith Fans are the worst.  A whiny bunch on top of everything else, as if they needed to top themselves.

7 hours ago, Pac said:

I'd say you and your ilk are a vomitous pack of vultures.

For months you berated, chastised, and flooded these boards with Geno Smith hate and name-calling for anyone who dared question Fitz.

Now that your entire platform has come crumbling down, and all those people you tried to bully have been proven 100% right, you have the audacity to act like it's anyone but your pack of freaks that have been doing the whining.

Like I said..  a vile bunch.  The lot of you.

BS.  I wanted the FO to get some other vet Qb than Fitz.  It was not a matter of not questioning Fitz, it was the ridiculous notion that Smith was the better prospect.  What, you Smith Fans are NOT whining?  Look in the mirror, bub.

And al those who gave you a positive rep and me a negative one can go F off. 

The SIMPLE FACT is the Jets are not going to start Smith.  Get used to it.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

BS.  I wanted the FO to get some other vet Qb than Fitz.  It was not a matter of not questioning Fitz, it was the ridiculous notion that Smith was the better prospect.  What, you Smith Fans are NOT whining?  Look in the mirror, bub.

And al those who gave you a positive rep and me a negative one can go F off. 

The SIMPLE FACT is the Jets are not going to start Smith.  Get used to it.

They are starting Fitz and losing badly FACT 

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

Close, actually.

Interceptions in the 4th quarter down by multiple scores don't count as all bets are off and the quarterback is pressing, making high risk throws trying to pull off a miracle.  Except for Geno Smith.  He just sucks.

SAR I

Archived