Win for Romo

kevinc855

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Your proof is, we're the Jets?  Sorry, don't see where we've signed guys like Romo before.

In short, yes.

Fitz, Vinny, Farve, O'Donnel, Easison, Reich, its happened numerous times.  The Jets have done such a great job of drafting guys like Pennington, Sanchez and Geno you just forget.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I addressed the Raiders.  The Jags keep drafting poorly, signing the wrong players.  So what's it prove?

I addressed the Raiders. Their first rebuild was in 2006. They tried to be competitive between the years 2009-2011 but they failed (you don't give up draft picks for retread QB's like Carson Palmer if you're rebuilding). They blew it up in 2012 and started over. The Jags began their rebuild in 2011 by blowing it up and starting from scratch. This season is supposed to be the year they try and become competitive but it hasn't worked out that way. 

Thats literally 2 examples. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

In short, yes.

Fitz, Vinny, Farve, O'Donnel, Easison, Reich, its happened numerous times.  The Jets have done such a great job of drafting guys like Pennington, Sanchez and Geno you just forget.

Going back 30 years?  Boomer was brought in by his ex OC when he got the HC gig.  Favre made total sense.  ODonnel was a bad decision, the rest were brought in as backups.  Most QB drafted fail.  Kind of the way it is.  Not like we passed on a Marino for Pennington, Sanchez or Geno.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The Raiders floundered for years.  Hiring and firing HCs and GMs like JoeWilly wants to after 1.5 seasons, drafting badly and signing the wrong FAs.  Then they lost Al, showed patience and turned it around.  They didn't dump everyone or blow it up as some want here.  Building that way isn't the same as dumping everyone and starting from scratch.  Big difference

As I said "To some degree". I don't think we need to blow it up and get rid of everybody. There are some good young players that should be part of a longer range plan and some vets that need to go. I think Macc has a plan, some would argue with that. A bad draft pick sets the plan behind schedule but 7th rounders and undrafted guys playing push it a little ahead. Not knowing what we have at Qb sets the plan backwards. That is why most want to see Petty play. Getting a guy like Romo does seem to fit into any plan I would like to see the Jets put in place.

4 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

As I said "To some degree". I don't think we need to blow it up and get rid of everybody. There are some good young players that should be part of a longer range plan and some vets that need to go. I think Macc has a plan, some would argue with that. A bad draft pick sets the plan behind schedule but 7th rounders and undrafted guys playing push it a little ahead. Not knowing what we have at Qb sets the plan backwards. That is why most want to see Petty play. Getting a guy like Romo does seem to fit into any plan I would like to see the Jets put in place.

Agree,  I was talking about the people who are blaming Woody, saying he's standing in the way of blowing the team up and doing an old fashioned, classic rebuild.  

2017 >Petty or Hack @ QB and if you want a FA for protection, ok - in that order.  Build the OL.  Fix the secondary and LBs.  Get a solid YOUNG RB.

2018 >If Petty or Hack clicked in '17, great, otherwise draft a new QB in 2018 - continuing the build of OL, Secondary and LBs.

Oh look, another thread about a "name QB", ignoring his advancing age and horrendous fragility.  

No thank you.  Lets develop Petty, Hack and (if needed) another Draft Pick QB.  

We can find our own, and if we can't, we can fire this GM till we find a GM who CAN.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Tony Romo is going to be on the market next year and in my mind has another 3 years of productive football left in the tank. His options will most likely be Browns, Bears, 49ers, and well the Jets. Of course there are rumors of Cardinals but I don't see it happening. He will most likely want a team that can win the most. Looking at how we finish may depend on whether he goes here and think we can build off something. Sorry I don't see Petty working out, I say WIN OUT for ROMO!

He will be on IR before the season starts, too much of a risk for me. No Romo or Cutler. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The Raiders floundered for years.  Hiring and firing HCs and GMs like JoeWilly wants to after 1.5 seasons, drafting badly and signing the wrong FAs.  Then they lost Al, showed patience and turned it around.  They didn't dump everyone or blow it up as some want here.  Building that way isn't the same as dumping everyone and starting from scratch.  Big difference

That is exactly what the Raiders did when Reggie Mckenize came in.   He blew up the whole roster, getting rid of a lot of bad contracts in the process.   It was a total rebuild job, as he tore everything down to build the team he wanted to.    No NFL team has ever did what Reggie Mckenize did.  That is the easy part blowing up the roster, but the hard part is building that roster up from scratch .( how many owners are going to have patience). 

Mark Davis showed a lot of faith in Reggie Mckenize vision, even when things didn't look that great.( record was atrocious and so many were calling for his head. Yet Mark Davis stuck by his guy, and Reggie Mckenize drafts starting to get better and better.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree,  I was talking about the people who are blaming Woody, saying he's standing in the way of blowing the team up and doing an old fashioned, classic rebuild.  

The problem with blaming Woody for anything is like it or not he owns the team. He can do whatever he wants with it. We can state our position on what we would or think he should do but it is his toy to play with. He has increased the value since he bought the team so he might not even see anything as wrong. We as fans might be looking at it differently then he does as an investment.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The Raiders worked out because they Drafted Carr, who's a Franchise QB. No magic just drafted a real QB.  Plus they picked up Mack and Cooper.

We need a QB, No more picking Box Safety's or Tiny Linebackers. QB all day, every day, the rest is just topping.

20 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Raiders worked out because they Drafted Carr, who's a Franchise QB. No magic just drafted a real QB.  Plus they picked up Mack and Cooper.

We need a QB, No more picking Box Safety's or Tiny Linebackers. QB all day, every day, the rest is just topping.

Sure helps.  Loved that pick, wanted him here.  

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Tony Romo is going to be on the market next year and in my mind has another 3 years of productive football left in the tank. His options will most likely be Browns, Bears, 49ers, and well the Jets. Of course there are rumors of Cardinals but I don't see it happening. He will most likely want a team that can win the most. Looking at how we finish may depend on whether he goes here and think we can build off something. Sorry I don't see Petty working out, I say WIN OUT for ROMO!

He does not.

A compression fracture in his lower back and 2 back surgeries.  The Cowboys O Line can't keep him healthy, but we can?   Captain back surgery playing in the cold in November/December.

No.

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I hate to be dramatic but if Romo's our starting QB next year Macc has failed us.  As a jet fan believe me, I appreciate the talent Romo has always been underrated but he's a band aid and doesn't help this team moving forward at all. 

Not a big romo fan, but sadly he is definitely the best qb we could get under center next yr.. I'm all ears for a better option.. How fragile he is and not playing this yr should allow us to get him for much cheaper than what we would expect.. other broncos can't see a team paying him much.. I don't think they have much cap room.. So romo is sol with options like Fitzpatrick was this yr.. Hack is "years " away they say.. We are in a odd spot, some good older players put us in a win now mode.. Yet we try to re-build.. Yet we can't re-build because our gms have been making TERRIBLE draft selections.. I'd like to see the jets go for it next yr.. if romo were to get hurt, petty gets another chance.. I don't see mike Glennon saving this franchise 

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Romo will be a Denver Bronco next season.  And he has one season left in his body tops.

39 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I have been calling this move for a while now, it just seems like an inevitable Jets-type move. Favre redux -- only uglier.  This effin' team.

No I think Mac already has his sights on Cutler.  The smart move would be to sign Glennon for a fraction of what Cutler's money would be.

28 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

No but he's not good enough to win a SB with plus they wouldn't be committing long term to Romo. When Romo gets hurt Siemian can just come in and play again.

They're doing fine without Romo and Siemien is younger and has upside. I'd rather continue with Siemien. 

Archived