On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?

Maxman

On Monday, Bowles will name a starting QB, who will it be?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Todd Bowles name...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're asking who I think Bowles should pick, I would say Petty. This situation isn't as complicated as Bowles and Maccagnan seem to want to make it: the season is lost, our current starter is terrible and a free agent next year, so we need to evaluate the young QB. You don't need to be an analyst to see this. It's common sense.

But I think Bowles will pick Fitzpatrick. I say this because I believe Bowles is cautious to a fault and won't want to upset the boat, even if it is sinking. 

This would of course be incredibly stupid. But it distresses me to say that I don't think Bowles is very bright, either.

If in fact, "you play to win the game", then it has to be Fitzpatrick . If and when the Jets are ready to evaluate the roster, it will not be Fitzpatrick . Truth be told Fitzpatrick gives the Jets the very best chance to win of the 3 QBs left on the roster . Bryce Petty has proven that he's not even in Geno Smith's class yet as a QB .

31 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If in fact, "you play to win the game", then it has to be Fitzpatrick . If and when the Jets are ready to evaluate the roster, it will not be Fitzpatrick . Truth be told Fitzpatrick gives the Jets the very best chance to win of the 3 QBs left on the roster . Bryce Petty has proven that he's not even in Geno Smith's class yet as a QB .

Does he? He leads the league in INT's and has the worst QBR for a starting QB. My concern is that Fitz has been so bad this year you bench him due to his playing not to "evaluate" talent. I want to win! I don't think Fitz helps you do that.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Does he? He leads the league in INT's and has the worst QBR for a starting QB. My concern is that Fitz has been so bad this year you bench him due to his playing not to "evaluate" talent. I want to win! I don't think Fitz helps you do that.

Yup.  The only thing Fitz is potentially good for is helping Macc and Bowles not look incompetant for re-signing and actually starting him this long.

Note to Macc and Bowles:  It's not working guys.

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I understand the need to see Bryce Petty and what he has to offer, but both he and Geno Smith has spent the exact same time in the Chan Gailey offense and Geno Smith is in another time zone compared to Petty . Geno Sucks, so what exactly does that say about Bryce Petty ?

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

I understand the need to see Bryce Petty and what he has to offer, but both he and Geno Smith has spent the exact same time in the Chan Gailey offense and Geno Smith is in another time zone compared to Petty . Geno Sucks, so what exactly does that say about Bryce Petty ?

It says that you need to evaluate him.  One game?  Is this team going to evaluate QB's based on practice?  Fitzpatrick is not the answer.  This team is not making the playoffs.  They need to give Petty game experience to see if he can be a capable NFL QB.

Get back to us when Petty has 30 NFL starts.

WTF did you expect to see in his first NFL start? Joe Montana?

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

How?  He played one game and wasn't even horrible

Oh god damn it.  This is the type of stupidity that's hard to root for.  On par with Tebow-level decisions.

Sucks being a fan of possibly the absolute worst organization in the game.  

I know it's foolish not giving GM/coach at least 3 years, but even with that said, I would fire them both now.  The incompetence is strong with these two.

Oy vey.

15 hours ago, Stark said:

It better be Petty , but I think bowels will go with Fitz. I hope I'm wrong and it is PETTY

Well sh*t.... bowles is going to ride and die with Fitz.... 

So Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes II (if he declares for draft) at any/all costs???

There are only 6 more games.  This is against the Patriots at home.   We will see Petty play against some lesser teams.  Let Fitz look stupid and get beat up.  Under no circumstances his Fitz back next year.   If Fitz is the 2, he is getting much more practice time.

Archived