Only reason Woody isn't firing Bowles is bec he is can't be bothered while he prepares for his ambassadorship

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I love when these posts pop up. Thats strictly your opinion based off of zero fact whatsoever.

I dont think Woody wants to fire Bowles and Maac because he hired two successful ex GMs in Casserly and Wolf who helped him pick these guys out. He's trying to give them a chance.

Bowles is lost.  Even low iq Woody should realize that

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You think Woody wants be be dealing with finding a head coach at around the same time he is moving to London and all the logistics with becoming an ambassador? Hell no. The team is so off his mind right now he could give two sh*ts the team is burning with an incompetent head coach. The Bills haven't leaked to the media that Rex is safe they actually care about their team and are willing to fire a head coach they gave a 5 year contract to and eat 3 years left bec Rex is having a mediocre year. Our head coach is having a disastrous year and Woody can't wait leaking to the media after the disastrous colts game that Bowles is safe.

"Honey?" "Did you pack the Q tips?" "Yes Woody" "What about Todd?" "He can bring his own Q Tips."

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick throws another interception...in the endzone. Lol

That throw was meaningless the last play of the game and the guy who intercepted it was barely if in bounds. If you want to take a legit shot at Fitz you could say he had the team in the red zone three times with only 3 points. And that was a 48 yard FG by Folk kicked in tough conditions. That inability of Fitz to get 7 in the red zone was a big deal this season and something real to complain about.  If we had 21 points out of those 3 drives we're back in that game. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That throw was meaningless the last play of the game and the guy who intercepted it was barely if in bounds. If you want to take a legit shot at Fitz you could say he had the team in the red zone three times with only 3 points. And that was a 48 yard FG by Folk kicked in tough conditions. That inability of Fitz to get 7 in the red zone was a big deal this season and something real to complain about.  If we had 21 points out of those 3 drives we're back in that game. 

Fitz is horrible in the red zone without Decker

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz is horrible in the red zone without Decker

All season long Fitz either failed to execute in the red zone or turned the ball over. And with a team with so many flaws it was crucial to take advantage of scoring chances. Fitz wasn't up to the job even though when you have to play from behind most of the time it is very hard to be successful. That is why statistically when teams have big leads they rarely lose. And the team trailing has to take undue chances and that creates turnovers. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Please stop defending Bowles! From the opening game to last night, this team blows assignments everywhere! He challenges a spot on a Powell run you know wasn't going to be overturned. He's got highly paid veterans mailing it in since mid season, his DC is terrible, Bowles hasn't made 1 good decision in any game this year. I will be absolutely SHOCKED if he's the NY Jets coach in 2017. If so, it will be the lowest attendance ever. 

he has done a terrible job.  he is not covering for anyone.  He has been terrible.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

And it is not the first time he has said it either. The special teams coach needs to be fired like right now. The Jets played hard until the blocked punt, then they gave away another TD on a blown coverage by Burris. Marcus Williams has taken a giant step backward this year. Nearly the entire secondary needs to be set on fire. The lack of effort is what is really troubling. When this team falls behind they cave and that goes directly to the HC.

that is a clear sign of low morale

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Bowles got lucky with a cupcake schedule and still didn't make the playoffs.  People act like he won the super bowl

No we correctly have said that he won 10'games and don't make excuses with the schedule.  Just like no one says we've only won x amount of games but we have a hard schedule 

Sorry, but this franchise is worth a lot of money, he isn't going to blow it off.

Maybe he hires someone to manage the team for him (which many would prefer), or have HC report to Macc so he has more time to focus on politics - I doubt he ignores team for a chance to play host in UK.

Who knows, maybe he sells the team? LOL

6 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

True, it's been unbelievable how many things they had go their way. It makes me sick. I have to listen to all these goofball Dolphins fans boast how great they are, as you probably do as well. Hopefully they lose to Buffalo and NE.

miami fans know sh*t about football. 2nd happiest day in my life was when we moved away from those assclowns

firing the coach implies a better coach would get more out of this roster. I don't buy it. People want to fire the coach cause they can't fire the whole roster. But let's be real nothing Bowles has done was as bad as the Hack pick or some of these Mac decisions. 

11 minutes ago, rammagen said:

miami fans know sh*t about football. 2nd happiest day in my life was when we moved away from those assclowns

I hate the Dolphins and their fans more than anything. Do you believe they think they will make it to the Super Bowl with Moore. Reading their Comments on NFL.com,  WTF?

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

firing the coach implies a better coach would get more out of this roster. I don't buy it. People want to fire the coach cause they can't fire the whole roster. But let's be real nothing Bowles has done was as bad as the Hack pick or some of these Mac decisions. 

this is as good as this team can play ?

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I think a good head coach doesn't do the following, which could have changed at least a couple of games.

• Against NE, he attempts a long FG when every FG from that range the Jets have attempted against NE has been blocked. The kick was blocked.
  • Against the Dolphins, he takes TWO timeouts (one on a stupid challenge I knew he had no chance of winning) on a 4th a 1, and then calls a running play into the heart of the strength of the Dolphins defense. The Jets were stopped.
  • Against I forget who, Bowles decides that 42 seconds in the first half is not enough time to attempt to score points.
  • He's NEVER called for a fake FG or punt.

There are probably more that I've forgotten...

Bowles' passivity has lost games and the respect of the team, IMO. That's why the team quits as soon as it gets down.

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think a good head coach doesn't do the following, which could have changed at least a couple of games.

• Against NE, he attempts a long FG when every FG from that range the Jets have attempted against NE has been blocked. The kick was blocked.
  • Against the Dolphins, he takes TWO timeouts (one on a stupid challenge I knew he had no chance of winning) on a 4th a 1, and then calls a running play into the heart of the strength of the Dolphins defense. The Jets were stopped.
  • Against I forget who, Bowles decides that 42 seconds in the first half is not enough time to attempt to score points.
  • He's NEVER called for a fake FG or punt.

There are probably more that I've forgotten...

Bowles' passivity has lost games and the respect of the team, IMO. That's why the team quits as soon as it gets down.

How about the 1st game of the year? Up 7-0, 4th & 1/2 yard for a TD, crowd is raucous, running game is rolling, he calls for a FG & it gets freaking blocked. I was screaming for him to go for it, worst case Bengals start their offense practically in their own end zone with MetLife loud as hell. Jets score that TD they win that game.

10 hours ago, section314 said:

To be fair, the Bills have 8 years of evidence of Rex as a head coach to use in making a decision. Who knows what nonsense he sold them when he interviewed for the job, how he was going to improve on certain things as a coach, etc. The Pegulas have obviously seen enough. Bowles has only had 2 years as a head coach, and stepped into a much worse situation than Rex did. 

+1. Rex took over a team that went 9-7 in '14. 

I

4 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I hate the Dolphins and their fans more than anything. Do you believe they think they will make it to the Super Bowl with Moore. Reading their Comments on NFL.com,  WTF?

I stay as far from them as possible. I lived in Plantation for 19 yrs right super close to the training facility (595). God you want to see stupid go to LaSpadas(great sandwich) with Jet hat on you'll see the players stop when ordering to tell the fans to shut up... Actually met a few of the players there.

11 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Why do the Bills get to fire Rex after 2 years while Bowles who is demonstrably worse gets to stay?

Because Rex took over a 9-7 team and was viewed as someone who could deliver on the playoffs. Bowes took over a 4-12 team devoid of any talent and brought them to 10-6 - a better record that Rex had for the past 6 years.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

How about the 1st game of the year? Up 7-0, 4th & 1/2 yard for a TD, crowd is raucous, running game is rolling, he calls for a FG & it gets freaking blocked. I was screaming for him to go for it, worst case Bengals start their offense practically in their own end zone with MetLife loud as hell. Jets score that TD they win that game.

I was trying to remember why the Cincy game was in my head. Good memory.

I was thinking at the time that this was mostly on Fitzpatrick for throwing three straight incompletions, but, yeah, a gutsier call would have been better than the result.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I was trying to remember why the Cincy game was in my head. Good memory.

I was thinking at the time that this was mostly on Fitzpatrick for throwing three straight incompletions, but, yeah, a gutsier call would have been better than the result.

Even last night with the 3rd & 4 & the Jets driving (can't remember if we were in the redzone), I was already thinking 2 downs, let's run & see if we can pick it up or get close, I know we were in FG range. Gailey goes pass & it was picked off. If there is a seriously flaw in old man Gaileys play calling, it's that he abandons the running game too quickly, runs too many empty backfield son 3rd down, making the defenses job easier knowing your passing, and runs way too many runs right up the gut of the defense. I think he's a dinosaur in this new NFL.

Just now, Jetster said:

Even last night with the 3rd & 4 & the Jets driving (can't remember if we were in the redzone), I was already thinking 2 downs, let's run & see if we can pick it up or get close, I know we were in FG range. Gailey goes pass. If there is a seriously flaw in old man Gaileys play calling, it's that he abandons the running game too quickly, runs too many empty backfield son 3rd down, making the defenses job easier knowing your passing, and runs way too many runs right up the gut of the defense. I think he's a dinosaur in this new NFL.

Possibly. But it's really hard to do a good assessment of Gailey when he's been saddled with Fitzpatrick and, now, a QB with no experience.

As far as the Jets running game goes, they don't have the athleticism on the OL to run outside (or the speed at RB when they were playing Forte), so I can't criticize him too much for running between the tackles.

In all, I'm not ready to criticize Gailey too much. My issue is with the entire Jets team under Bowles. They have talent, but they don't seem to feature that talent. Instead, the weaknesses are exposed. And it's the head coach's job to maximize the talent, not having the talent waiting for bad things to happen, which is what I see happening to the Jets under Bowles.

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Possibly. But it's really hard to do a good assessment of Gailey when he's been saddled with Fitzpatrick and, now, a QB with no experience.

As far as the Jets running game goes, they don't have the athleticism on the OL to run outside (or the speed at RB when they were playing Forte), so I can't criticize him too much for running between the tackles.

In all, I'm not ready to criticize Gailey too much. My issue is with the entire Jets team under Bowles. They have talent, but they don't seem to feature that talent. Instead, the weaknesses are exposed. And it's the head coach's job to maximize the talent, not having the talent waiting for bad things to happen, which is what I see happening to the Jets under Bowles.

There has to be someone working with the QBs other than Chan, who is it? QB coach?

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There has to be someone working with the QBs other than Chan, who is it? QB coach?

F*ck if I know... :-)

I find the current Jets offense much easier to watch than any under Fitzpatrick. So, I'm more optimistic about it than the defense. The defense seems bewildered and the secondary a total failure, along with the DL, and the LBs in that order. I think there's hope for the LBs (because of their youth) and the DL, once Richardson is removed from the equation and Wilkerson gets over his injury.

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Kevin Patullo began his first season as the quarterbacks coach of the Jets on January 27, 2015. In his six previous NFL seasons, Patullo has assisted offenses in Tennessee, Buffalo and Kansas City in various capacities. He reunites with Offensive Coordinator Chan Gailey, whom he coached with during his time with the Bills and Chiefs. 
Last season, Patullo served as the assistant wide receivers coach for the Ti¬tans, coaching a receiving group that saw WR Nate Washington average 16.2 yards per catch last season, the seventh-best in the league, and second-year WR Justin Hunter average 17.8 yards per, an average that would have ranked as the third-highest, had an injury not left him with too few catches to qualify. Under Patullo, leading WR Kendall Wright posted his best season in terms of yards per catch (12.5) and touchdowns scored (six), despite missing two games. 
Before Tennessee, Patullo spent three seasons in Buffalo (2010-12), adding the title of assistant wide receivers coach in 2012. Supporting the wide receivers all three years, Patullo aided in the three best seasons of WR Ste¬vie Johnson's career, as Johnson topped 75 receptions, 1,000 yards and six touchdowns in each season. 

Robby Brown enters the NFL as a quality control – offense coach for the Jets on January 23, 2015, reuniting with Offensive Coordinator Chan Gailey, who he played for in his two seasons at Georgia Tech. 
Prior to joining the Jets, Brown coached in the collegiate ranks for 10 seasons, working at South Alabama, Northwestern State, Valdosta State, Henderson State, Southwest Baptist and Troy. 
As offensive coordinator for Valdosta State in 2012, helped the team capture the NCAA Division II National Championship, while averaging 469 yards and scoring 40 points per game.

From January 2016  

Patullo, a former quarterback and wide receiver at South Florida, is coach-fashion conscious. Fitzpatrick looks like he sleeps in the wilderness and doesn’t shower.

“I don’t know if they have this on Madden or not, but if you were trying to do the ‘Create-A-Coach,’ you would look at his style on gameday,” Fitzpatrick said. “He’s got his visor. He’s got his shades if it’s a sunny day. His sleeves are pulled up. He’s definitely trying to look the part.”

Patullo has spent as much time helping the present quarterback as the potentially future one. His work with Petty has been beneficial to an organization searching for a long-term solution at the game’s most important position.

“Aside from being supportive of my growth and learning from Day One,” Petty said, “He and I have had significant one-on-one talks. Some of it might be me venting. He’s always been real positive of the things that I am doing well and the fact that it takes time.”

Patullo blended into the background, but there’s no denying his importance in this first season with the new everything on One Jets Drive. His understanding of Gailey and Fitzpatrick’s personalities was just as pivotal as the scheme that linked the three of them.

“There’s a ground for each of them to have an opinion,” Petty said. “When Kevin says something, it has merit with those guys. It’s definitely give and take. That’s the great part about Chan too. He listens to Kevin.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-kevin-patullo-jets-guy-article-1.2502592

9 hours ago, rammagen said:

I

I stay as far from them as possible. I lived in Plantation for 19 yrs right super close to the training facility (595). God you want to see stupid go to LaSpadas(great sandwich) with Jet hat on you'll see the players stop when ordering to tell the fans to shut up... Actually met a few of the players there.

Funny, I have been there many times. I always where my Jets hat just to piss them off. I also saw a few players there and just ignored them. I always kept a close eye to see if they spit in my sandwich. I remember when they were protesting outside the facility trying to get Jeff Ireland fired and one clown was holding a Dan Marino Doll. If it wasn't for the weather (and my job) I would be out of here.

12 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Funny, I have been there many times. I always where my Jets hat just to piss them off. I also saw a few players there and just ignored them. I always kept a close eye to see if they spit in my sandwich. I remember when they were protesting outside the facility trying to get Jeff Ireland fired and one clown was holding a Dan Marino Doll. If it wasn't for the weather (and my job) I would be out of here.

I just moved to Atlanta 3 yrs ago better for my job( 15% cheaper to live and almost doubled my salary), as an added bonus the people are so much nicer it is scary. My 74yr old father goes out with Gator gear (little sister UF grad) and even the most die hard SCC fans here are super pleasant and nice and they have an actual conversations.

Also the La Spadas off of commercial or Oakland Park by the beach is also super good.

Is the FTL/South Florida  Jet fan club still going strong  I used to go to allot of those get togethers

I

2 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

woody Johnson is the worst thing to happen to the jets orginazation. he is not a true sports fan.owners like Robert kraft are the real deal.he only hires the best available people to run the Cheaters.

Kraft's only redeeming quality is that he knows to hand over the keys and let Belicheck run the joint.  There is no effort required in that equation.  Woody's problem is that he is an incompetent fool when it comes to running an organization.  But don't make that one deserves some sort of massive credit over the other.  Belicheck just preferred NE because he knew the organizational leeway he would get.  Kraft just grafted himself on like a fifth wheel because anybody would want in on that party.

23 hours ago, Jetster said:

Even last night with the 3rd & 4 & the Jets driving (can't remember if we were in the redzone), I was already thinking 2 downs, let's run & see if we can pick it up or get close, I know we were in FG range. Gailey goes pass & it was picked off. If there is a seriously flaw in old man Gaileys play calling, it's that he abandons the running game too quickly, runs too many empty backfield son 3rd down, making the defenses job easier knowing your passing, and runs way too many runs right up the gut of the defense. I think he's a dinosaur in this new NFL.

I'm on Petty's side, but that was all on him.  Horrible pass.

I can't  blame Gailey for throwing there

9 hours ago, flgreen said:

I'm on Petty's side, but that was all on him.  Horrible pass.

I can't  blame Gailey for throwing there

You know teams are jumping routes playing stunts in the short middle because of the inexperience. Use the running game more, but I do understand our Oline sucks too.

Archived