Season went just right!

Jetster

While each & every week this team brought me new & exciting ways to experience agita, this really was literally the best season the Jets have ever had since the Rich Kotite debocle.

How do you ask? Well, let's review. All of us were pretty excited when Macc went out revamped the entire secondary in one fell swoop. Revis was back, Skrine was a scrappy slot CB, Gilchrist seemed OK. 

Then out of nowhere Fitz has his best season ever, and we just miss the playoffs. We all had many excuses for losing that game, Rex Super Bowl, drops, Fitz, no Powell, on & on, but the one thing we believed was that we were getting better. 2016 was gonna be fun, sure our schedule was tough, but if we could just start 3-3, we might have a chance at a playoff spot.

We found out the TRUTH THOUGH! Isn't it better to know the damn truth than live in this fantasy land that we were on the right track? It was freaking painful but we now know the absolute truth about this team. We are no closer to the playoffs than the Browns, or the Jaguars, or the Bears. Yes Jet fans we've hit rock bottom again. It took 20 years but it's happened. Here's the amazing thing, Woody spent right up to the salary cap,lol. We're one of the worst teams in the league & we have $50,000 in cap space. 

Ok I'm getting to my point. Had we NOT gone out & signed all of these free agents, or if we didn't sign Fitz for 12 million, if Geno didn't get another chance to look like an unprepared dipsh*t, or if we didn't find out that Petty can't throw in the rain, or that Mo Wilkerson is a lazy POS, or Revis is done as a player, Gilchrist sucks, Skrine sucks, Pryor sucks, Richardson is a thug turd, we'd still be under some illusion that everything is OK with the Jets. 

Now we don't have to hear, "If we would have signed Revis", "I can't believe Macc held on to all of that cap money", "see how bad we are with out Fitz", "if only Geno got another chance", "Petty has a lot of Favre in him, he just needs a chance", "Bowles is a good coach".

We now all know the absolute truth about everything we thought regarding our team. There are no more excuses. We now know where we stand in the hierarchy of the NFL. Right at the bottom.

Nope, we've been completely exposed, naked to the world. Woody can't just slap a few bandaids on this gaping wound. This resurrection will have to be a complete makeover, it has to be. No heart, no desire, in fighting, 3/4 of this team flat out quit, most of the others are injured & a few of them are preserving themselves for free agency. Not one wart was hidden on this team this year. 

Monday & this offseason can't come fast enough for me. We're all gonna find out soon if it's even worth following this team & this owner. Without some huge changes in coaching & personel I'm not investing my time or money with these idiots anymore. I agree with many other Jet fans, this is the most unlikeable Jet team maybe ever. The coach acts like a cigar store Indian, his terrible DC is actually praising Revis play in the media, really? Revis is asking to be treated with class, Mo is blaming the trainers & the team, Sheldon is blaming Marshall, Fitz is blaming everyone but himself, Mangold is quiet..like always when we need a leader, Decker was on IR but still had put in his two cents regarding Petty, Marshalls rolling his eyes, Pryors talking to himself, Chans calling another run up the middle, Folk just got another kick blocked & our 5th returner is still taking the ball out of the endzone to the 15 yard line.

Happy New Year to all my Jet Brethren. May Woody get his head out of his azz. 

WOW.  Excellent job!

Can't say that I disagree much with this...except for the opinion that we know Petty isn't very good...yet.  With limited reps due to his pre-season injury and by the time he was put in as starter the OL was in shambles and most of the players had already checked out for the season.

We'll know more about Petty next pre-season...

Petty will win next preseason QB competition and be the starter...book it

He will need to hold off Hack though in season.  50\50 chance Petty chokes and Hack era begins.

50/50 chance Hack chokes....if everything was so easy cut and dry it would ne boring.

As far as rest meh.

I was with you until you got all 'negative'. You were right about the excuses being gone. So now comes the hard part. Investing in the resurrection in the early stages.

I'm happy because I don't have to focus on this year any more. Just Lose Baby!! Or win, it's really a 'who cares' bowl for me. Now I can focus on what a new YOUNG Jets team will be. There are no indispensable leaders on offense. So, a whole new leadership model will have to emerge. No need for a Breno. No need for a Marshall or a Fitzpatrick or even a Decker. Mangini is a luxury at this point. It's about time, really.

Personnel changes are inevitable and FINALLY the Jets will be in rebuild. I'm not going to judge either of the managers, HC or GM, too harshly for producing a poor product in the year prior to a rebuild. The 10-6 campaign really was just fools gold. Too bad the Jets brain trust invested heavily. Or maybe they just did the best they could with what they had. Now, we don't have to worry about 'winning now'. Just show improvement, both in personnel, preparation, and execution. We've reached rock bottom.

5 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

I enjoyed your take on the "Season Went Just Right"! Jetster.

However, I'm afraid to think HOW MUCH WORSE could it have been, if the "Season Went Wrong"?

Season going wrong would be a 7-9, 6-10

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

While each & every week this team brought me new & exciting ways to experience agita, this really was literally the best season the Jets have ever had since the Rich Kotite debocle.

How do you ask? Well, let's review. All of us were pretty excited when Macc went out revamped the entire secondary in one fell swoop. Revis was back, Skrine was a scrappy slot CB, Gilchrist seemed OK. 

Then out of nowhere Fitz has his best season ever, and we just miss the playoffs. We all had many excuses for losing that game, Rex Super Bowl, drops, Fitz, no Powell, on & on, but the one thing we believed was that we were getting better. 2016 was gonna be fun, sure our schedule was tough, but if we could just start 3-3, we might have a chance at a playoff spot.

We found out the TRUTH THOUGH! Isn't it better to know the damn truth than live in this fantasy land that we were on the right track? It was freaking painful but we now know the absolute truth about this team. We are no closer to the playoffs than the Browns, or the Jaguars, or the Bears. Yes Jet fans we've hit rock bottom again. It took 20 years but it's happened. Here's the amazing thing, Woody spent right up to the salary cap,lol. We're one of the worst teams in the league & we have $50,000 in cap space. 

Ok I'm getting to my point. Had we NOT gone out & signed all of these free agents, or if we didn't sign Fitz for 12 million, if Geno didn't get another chance to look like an unprepared dipsh*t, or if we didn't find out that Petty can't throw in the rain, or that Mo Wilkerson is a lazy POS, or Revis is done as a player, Gilchrist sucks, Skrine sucks, Pryor sucks, Richardson is a thug turd, we'd still be under some illusion that everything is OK with the Jets. 

Now we don't have to hear, "If we would have signed Revis", "I can't believe Macc held on to all of that cap money", "see how bad we are with out Fitz", "if only Geno got another chance", "Petty has a lot of Favre in him, he just needs a chance", "Bowles is a good coach".

We now all know the absolute truth about everything we thought regarding our team. There are no more excuses. We now know where we stand in the hierarchy of the NFL. Right at the bottom.

Nope, we've been completely exposed, naked to the world. Woody can't just slap a few bandaids on this gaping wound. This resurrection will have to be a complete makeover, it has to be. No heart, no desire, in fighting, 3/4 of this team flat out quit, most of the others are injured & a few of them are preserving themselves for free agency. Not one wart was hidden on this team this year. 

Monday & this offseason can't come fast enough for me. We're all gonna find out soon if it's even worth following this team & this owner. Without some huge changes in coaching & personel I'm not investing my time or money with these idiots anymore. I agree with many other Jet fans, this is the most unlikeable Jet team maybe ever. The coach acts like a cigar store Indian, his terrible DC is actually praising Revis play in the media, really? Revis is asking to be treated with class, Mo is blaming the trainers & the team, Sheldon is blaming Marshall, Fitz is blaming everyone but himself, Mangold is quiet..like always when we need a leader, Decker was on IR but still had put in his two cents regarding Petty, Marshalls rolling his eyes, Pryors talking to himself, Chans calling another run up the middle, Folk just got another kick blocked & our 5th returner is still taking the ball out of the endzone to the 15 yard line.

Happy New Year to all my Jet Brethren. May Woody get his head out of his azz. 

well yeah, in a way. imo these guys look bad because they are just not playing well.  especially the defense.  for whatever reason they just don't understand how to play defense.  now this could be from a number of reasons.  the players are dumb.  this can't be because revis knows how to play as do gilchrist, skrine and williams.  the defense schemes are too complicated.  maybe.  bowles brought in the schemes he used in arizona and the jets don't have the right key players.  the coaches don't know how to coach.  imo this team's failure stems mainly from the coaching.

but getting back to the original premise of not knowing how bad this team really is if they started winning, well, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  if the team played well they would have had a decent season.  winning feeds on winning. they played poorly and i don't see how you point to even 3 or 4 players.  a lot of these players were probably going to be cut or restructured or even traded anyway.  and i'm okay with mac spending all that money.  it's not mine and he would've had to spend quite a bit of it just to meet the slary cap threshold.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

tl;dr.  but i agree the Jets suck and my ambivalence towards them is now irreversible.

This is where I'm at. Can't recall a year where I was this, just, disinterested in the Jets. 

6 minutes ago, slats said:

This is where I'm at. Can't recall a year where I was this, just, disinterested in the Jets. 

My wife who has put up with my Jets love for years actually said, "wow, you don't even seem interested in football this year". She noticed how many games I just shut off and watched something else. 

I will not support a team that has players that have quit. I root for the jersey & I honestly like maybe 3/4 players.

Just now, Jetster said:

My wife who has put up with my Jets love for years actually said, "wow, you don't even seem interested in football this year". She noticed how many games I just shut off and watched something else. 

I will not support a team that has players that have quit. I root for the jersey & I honestly like maybe 3/4 players.

Misery loves company aren't we all disappointed in this team the very few positives don't out weigh the negatives this organization cant seem to get it right. 

Jets fans are the most resilient in the NFL. 

I will be at tomorrows game sitting out in the cold and asking myself for what, why am i here, what did I do to deserve this. 

Better days are coming so they say............

This team is so full of dislikeable thugs stealing money from Woody it is impossible to root for them or to like them at all, henceforth the apathy from us fans.

I am completely sick of this NY Jet team and hope we have 95% new faces next year.

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sounds pretty healthy to me.

I mean, you're not getting paid to spend a ton of your time rooting for a product you really don't like. I did that this year: I watched the games, but, really, I did other things too. I just watched in the early part of the season and then did other things after it was clear they sucked. I didn't personalize the losses. Really, I couldn't really give a sh*t less. And I actually got some other things done.

When the Jets are Must See TV, I'll make sure to give a ****.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

OUCH!!!!!  Ok enjoy the game and Happy New Year. 

I got $100 for 3 tickets, $35 for the parking pass, and donated a ticket to a JN member's family friend in the process.

Happy New Year.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I got $100 for 3 tickets, $35 for the parking pass, and donated a ticket to a JN member's family friend in the process.

Happy New Year.

SAR I

Only reason I'm going is free tickets LL,free parking pass and a possibility of getting into a luxury suite if my sons friend goes to the game. 

Why not end this miserable season in person up close and personal. 

Should be pretty ugly up close & personal. They're gonna hear a lot of comments from fans that for once aren't over the top criticisms. This entire bunch, players & coaches played and coached like a bunch of horses asses.

Archived