Ryan Fitzpatrick Dedication Thread

Mike135

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  He robbed the team of 12mil which could have been spent on the oline or other need.  Sat on his lazy ass all offseason.  Obviously spent no time in the gym (or if he did has the worst defined arms of anyone who ever picked up a weight).  Threw passes that most likely hurt our WRs.  Played so poorly that the entire team fell apart.  Caused a mutiny amongst the players.  Hindered practice time and development of the three young QBs.

Fitz wasted two seasons for us and has already hurt the upcoming season.

He deserves nothing except a one way bus ticket out of town.

I hear he also introduced crack cocaine to poor minorities for the CIA, helped plan the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion, and was the primary genetic engineer behinds the dissemination and weaponization of the AIDS virus.

Don't let him off so easy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I hear he also introduced crack cocaine to poor minorities for the CIA, helped plan the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion, and was the primary genetic engineer behinds the dissemination and weaponization of the AIDS virus.

Don't let him off so easy.

I have no doubt.

Think he may have even helped hack the DNC and sway our election.

He's a communist POS.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol atleast we won't have those unreadable Fitz threads throughout the off-season. :o

Um... off-season was kicked off with this, an unreadable Fitz thread... started by a Geno advocate, as per the norm.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Um... off-season was kicked off with this, an unreadable Fitz thread... started by a Geno advocate, as per the norm.

So long as the Jets' brass has finally come to their senses, and doesn't consider re-re-signing $hitz...  we won't have to post about or discuss the loser anymore.

It's a happy day.  We should all rejoice.

Just now, Mike135 said:

So long as the Jets' brass has finally come to their senses, and doesn't consider re-re-signing $hitz...  we won't have to post about or discuss the loser anymore.

It's a happy day.  We should all rejoice.

Except, you are.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I have no doubt.

Think he may have even helped hack the DNC and sway our election.

He's a communist POS.

His worst sin, clearly, was sabotaging the rightful QB of the Jets.  If only a fair chance had been given, some weaponz provided, and Fitz not here to listen all of yall, sabotage, we'd be strolling into the postseason as we speak, amirite?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

His worst sin, clearly, was sabotaging the rightful QB of the Jets.  If only a fair chance had been given, some weaponz provided, and Fitz not here to listen all of yall, sabotage, we'd be strolling into the postseason as we speak, amirite?

You're learning.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

He needed a dedication thread.  It's only fair to send him off as he deserves.

I'd argue the entire abomination that is the 2016 team needed it, but whatever... this exchange has already exceeded it's worth. 

Marty Lyons told Fitzpatrick in the post game interview that "he (Lyons) hopes he (Fitz) is back next season"

Not only does Marty Lyons have the whiniest worst voice in broadcasting history, but now he's a Fitz fan? :lol:

I've said this countless times and I'll say it again. I'm glad that we resigned Fitzpatrick so that there could be no excuses. People weren't able to say how much better we would've been had we resigned him. We sucked and he played a big role in that. His supporters (and him the nerve of him for holding out like he did)needed to be humbled with a season like this. They made it seem like without him we would suck and with him we would be playoff contenders. This season sucked but I also enjoyed seeing agendas get demolished. I don't hate Fitzpatrick, I never did, the guy made the best out of his limited abilities. But I did hate his supporters who at every turn threw shots at Geno whenever we won and he played well. It made it hard to even truly get behind Fitzpatrick. The whole "Geno getting punched was the best thing to ever happen to the Jets" got annoying real quick. Couldn't even enjoy the wins without reading or hearing that every damn week. Or when he struggled how many excuses got made. 

I'd like to thank Fitzpatrick for sparing us of about 30 games of Geno Smith. If you want to be technical, about 4 of them could go to IK for the credit, and he did play in 2 games, but as bad as Fitzpatrick sucked, and it was bad, it was well worth whatever we paid him to not have to watch Geno play QB like Edward Scissor Hands jerking off!

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Oops. Hard to swallow how sh*t Fitz has been. 

That's the problem all of the QBs suck on the team, the oline sucks, DBs, LBs, TEs etc so some of the blame if not most goes on the GM and HC. Fitz played like Fitz. He was better the Geno but that's not very hard. 

Fitz?  Geno?

It's done.  

I'm now far more interested to see how the QB I wanted the Jets to Draft does:  Mr. Connor Cook, now #1 QB for the playoff bound Oakland Raiderps.

If his first go is any indication, he's got a hellofatough road ahead.  Playoff bound and starting the #3, that's a tough break for Raiders fans.

45 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That's the problem all of the QBs suck on the team, the oline sucks, DBs, LBs, TEs etc so some of the blame if not most goes on the GM and HC. Fitz played like Fitz. He was better the Geno but that's not very hard. 

I'm totally with in that the GM and HC should be the first ones to point a finger at. If Macc doesn't nail this upcoming draft with a superstar player at #6, and 2-3 solid starters, he's no good to us. Landing a superstar consensus best talent in a draft when he falls in your lap shouldn't even be on the resume, especially when your next high draft pick (Devin) is a bust 5 games into the season. Outside of that, who has Macc drafted that's been any good? Couple of potentially decent WRs? A JAG skinny LB? Or the punter? Nothing special. 

10 hours ago, August said:

I've said this countless times and I'll say it again. I'm glad that we resigned Fitzpatrick so that there could be no excuses. People weren't able to say how much better we would've been had we resigned him. We sucked and he played a big role in that. His supporters (and him the nerve of him for holding out like he did)needed to be humbled with a season like this. They made it seem like without him we would suck and with him we would be playoff contenders. This season sucked but I also enjoyed seeing agendas get demolished. I don't hate Fitzpatrick, I never did, the guy made the best out of his limited abilities. But I did hate his supporters who at every turn threw shots at Geno whenever we won and he played well. It made it hard to even truly get behind Fitzpatrick. The whole "Geno getting punched was the best thing to ever happen to the Jets" got annoying real quick. Couldn't even enjoy the wins without reading or hearing that every damn week. Or when he struggled how many excuses got made. 

I agree and we'll put. That entire situation was disgusting. 

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need a win in week 17 last year he craps the bed.

Need a loss this year in week 17 he plays good.

SOJ

LOL.  BUt "good" for Fitz still involves DBs dropping 3 easy interceptions on awful passing decisions by him.  Was Fitz a bit of a mirage fromt he start?

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Gotta love people's sarcasm after being completely and utterly wrong. Lol

Right up there with the self reach around all you genoids give yoursleves daily while Geno sh*t the bed for the 4th straight year, lol

12 hours ago, Mecca said:

Remember when half of this board was doing backflips when we re-signed him? 

LOL

Everyone knew what Fitzpatrick was, it was between Fitz and Geno, and Geno is so awful that there was a sense of relief to not have to watch him play a whole season. Nobody was ever happy to have Fitzpatrick, it was happy to not have Geno playing.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wasn't even going to mention those drops yesterday. Just glad he's outta here. 

Since we're discussing drops, how about we talk about something that matters going forward:

The 2016 NY Jets led the NFL in dropped passes.  

Fitz and the other guy are gone, but the WR's and RB's with slippy fingers will (likely) all still be here.

We need to not lead the league in dropped passes no matter who our QB is.

Archived