Interesting locker room quote by Enunwa

Gas2No99

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not saying extend him. Give him another year and if he can't handle it dump him.

"Give him another year" is the reason Jets have been generally bad throughout the years. But we have no choice but to accept him as our HC this year. 

People are going to point Enunwa's comments to Marshall & Richardson.  But I would
include Fitzpatrick in there too, remember the "great leader" stayed out of the off-season
program for SEVEN MONTHS waiting for a contract that was available in March.  I'm sure 
that helped team chemistry

Marshall talks too much. I'm sure other players are tired of listening to him. I know I am. 

SNY is showing his interview with reporters and it's going on 15 minutes. He spent 2 minutes on his bet with ABrown. Who gives a rats ass about the steelers. 

He means well. Great what he's doing off the field but not a leader and shouldn't have a mic in front of him in the locker room every day. 

He wears out his welcome wherever he goes. 

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bowles lost the locker room and the team confirmed in least surprising news this season.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/01/quincy_enunwa_says_locker_room_discord_really_hind.html

Enunwa insisted coach Todd Bowles, who will return in 2017, did a good job of policing the locker room. But, Enunwa added, players also "have to be able to also police the locker room." 

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

People are going to point Enunwa's comments to Marshall & Richardson.  But I would
include Fitzpatrick in there too, remember the "great leader" stayed out of the off-season
program for SEVEN MONTHS waiting for a contract that was available in March.  I'm sure 

So did Wilkerson. There is plenty of blame to go around. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/01/quincy_enunwa_says_locker_room_discord_really_hind.html

Enunwa insisted coach Todd Bowles, who will return in 2017, did a good job of policing the locker room. But, Enunwa added, players also "have to be able to also police the locker room." 

Bowles is not a babysitter

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

This is a great point! Dude came strolling in with his beard & the media and his pals, Brandon, Mangold & Decker acting like some savior showed up. I might get killed for saying this but what if Geno looked better in practice? Let's face it Geno has a WAY BETTER arm than Fitz. Then we start losing, Fitz throwing 6 picks in one game & I'm thinking there are guys in the locker room thinking, "damn this white dude sucks!".  Hell, I thought Bowles should have benched him at halftime & brought in Geno.

A lot of our problems team wise go back to Macs & Bowles and Woodys decisions. Not just a few of the players fault.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bowles is not a babysitter

No coach should have to be a babysitter but when players act like babies some sort of behavior needs to be controlled and I am not talking about a time out for the individual.

Just now, Bocajetfan said:

No coach should have to be a babysitter but when players act like babies some sort of behavior needs to be controlled and I am not talking about a time out for the individual.

I do agree with that and I hope that Bowles learned that from this year. He needs to get tougher which has been suggested by other sources.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa said he struggled to maintain his focus at times because of the team's struggles. A revealing explanation: "When you see bad things going on, you kind of feel like, 'Wow.' You almost lose your purpose. You go into the season and you don't want to play for yourself, you want to play for team. But when the team doesn't feel like a team, you have to start playing for self." Whoa.

That is HORRIBLE and that lands squarely on the shoulders of Todd Bowles.  Get rid of Brandon Marshall AND Sheldon and anyone else who was involved...tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

Fitz sucked, but let's be fair it is a business for these guys. You can't blame a guy (who isn't signed) holding out for a better deal. I turned down a contract twice as the rate was too low. You know what the RM said to me when I finally joined - he respected me for not getting jerked around by the recruiter.

Would they have had more chemistry if Fitz was there sooner, maybe. Do we really think that would have made a difference? He played all last year and was at all of TC.

Hate the guy if you want, but not signing a crappy deal isn't what killed the team. His play did (as with the WRs who led the league in drops). Clearly it isn't Fitz's fault for the D not being able to 'stop a nose bleed'.

Revis said that they 'dealt' with it. And, that the Coaches and the TEAM thought the problem was resolved. A few games later it unravelled. I would imagine both the O and the D sucking didn't help that problem. The same thing happened when Rex was here. The D was always blaming the O - and then the D laid a few eggs and the O saved the day.

Losing breads conflict, winning makes the troubles go away.

Revis (or maybe it was someone else) said that they should keep Bowles. He is learning. He didn't have a locker room issue last year. This year, he tried to deal with it and it didn't work. He had a lot of problems this year and it def. seemed to overwhelm him. He needs to learn from this and move on.

Did he loose the locker room? In some ways, Yes. Many Vets didn't seem to try very hard at the end. But, you don't have players saying they should get rid of him. You don't have players claiming the defense is too complicated. The young kids fought their hearts out most of the games.

This same team (except Brick) pulled it out okay with an easy schedule last year. Sometimes, just one year later the wheels fall off. It happened in Rex fourth year. Fitz played above himself last year and this year, under harder competition, he failed. He needs to move on; some vets need to move on.

My daughter was struggling to pay attention and do her work in school. We talked to her a lot about it. We worked with her, but when we had the teacher separate her from her best friend most of the problems went away (okay not for the best friend). Let's hope that when Sheldon leaves, Mo will straighten himself out.

Extend Q now. Didn't Revis and BM have a fight in TC? Get rid of the players now who cannot help this team in 2018. Why let the sore continue to stay infected? The Jets may be better in 2017. I don't think they will win the SB though. 

43 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Fitz signs the contract offered him in March then he's here another two years. Ruminate on that for a moment. 

Well on the plus side, Enunwa seems to have matured a bit off the field since his hotel room incident. At least from the words he's using (if they're to be taken at face value) he does seem like he wants to be a part of something more than his own stats. Even last year. He knows his own physical upside, and being relegated to blocker/decoy couldn't have been his preferred role. He took it and made it his because it meant getting & staying on the field. Then, from any/all accounts, he worked his tail off between the 2015 & 2016 seasons to make himself a much better receiver. We all love stories like that.

After clearing up some space, Maccagnan should lock this kid up this spring before his dollars get way up there (like he foolishly did with Snacks). He hasn't made squat in pay yet, and won't be a UFA until 2019 (he's only a RFA in 2018), so Q should jump at the chance for a big-money extension instead of gambling his whole life's earnings on this one season. 

Look at the bargain Pittsburgh has had Antonio Brown playing under, precisely because they locked him up early. So while he's not Brown, Enunwa also doesn't have an 1100-yard season under his belt prior to that extension either, to command today's equivalent of a $9m/yr contract extension. If they can lock him up in the $6m range, give or take, they should jump at the opportunity. Barring injury, this is the last offseason he'll have this kind of leverage to get a really team-friendly deal done. Kid is a keeper.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa said he struggled to maintain his focus at times because of the team's struggles. A revealing explanation: "When you see bad things going on, you kind of feel like, 'Wow.' You almost lose your purpose. You go into the season and you don't want to play for yourself, you want to play for team. But when the team doesn't feel like a team, you have to start playing for self." Whoa.

There are several Enunwa quotes I've read today. All of them damning for the team chemistry. 

What I like about them is that he's showing a level of leadership by stepping forward identifying the problem, being accountable for how it affected him, and clearly wanting to be part of the solution. He is seriously one of the few bright spots on this team right now.

Go find what he says about Marshall. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well on the plus side, Enunwa seems to have matured a bit off the field since his hotel room incident. At least from the words he's using (if they're to be taken at face value) he does seem like he wants to be a part of something more than his own stats. Even last year. He knows his own physical upside, and being relegated to blocker/decoy couldn't have been his preferred role. He took it and made it his because it meant getting & staying on the field. Then, from any/all accounts, he worked his tail off between the 2015 & 2016 seasons to make himself a much better receiver. We all love stories like that.

After clearing up some space, Maccagnan should lock this kid up this spring before his dollars get way up there (like he foolishly did with Snacks). He hasn't made squat in pay yet, and won't be a UFA until 2019 (he's only a RFA in 2018), so he should jump at the chance for a big-money extension instead of gambling his whole life's earnings on this one season. 

Look at the bargain Pittsburgh has had Antonio Brown playing under precisely because they locked him up early. So while he's not Brown, Enunwa also doesn't have an 1100-yard season under his belt prior to that extension either, to command today's equivalent of a $9m/yr contract extension. If they can lock him up in the $6m range, give or take, they should jump at the opportunity. Barring injury, this is the last offseason he'll have this kind of leverage to get a really team-friendly deal done. Kid is a keeper.

Odds he gets cut next offseason to make room for Larry Fitzgerald's golden parachute?

Just now, dbatesman said:

Odds he gets cut next offseason to make room for Larry Fitzgerald's golden parachute?

which becomes a golden shower on the heads of Jets fans.

On the flip side, if Enunwa does get extended early, it'll be for too much, after which he'll get arrested & suspended again, before his career ends at age 26. Then I will deny ever showing interest in extending him.

42 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Fitz sucked, but let's be fair it is a business for these guys. You can't blame a guy (who isn't signed) holding out for a better deal. I turned down a contract twice as the rate was too low. You know what the RM said to me when I finally joined - he respected me for not getting jerked around by the recruiter.

Would they have had more chemistry if Fitz was there sooner, maybe. Do we really think that would have made a difference? He played all last year and was at all of TC.

Hate the guy if you want, but not signing a crappy deal isn't what killed the team. His play did (as with the WRs who led the league in drops). Clearly it isn't Fitz's fault for the D not being able to 'stop a nose bleed'.

No but you can blame him for throwing his coach, gm and owner under the bus after he was rightfully benched.  He showed absolutely ZERO leadership and demonstrated how much of a ME player he really is.    I am sure that was really good for team morale.  Then you got Decker who is not even playing because of injury, declaring that Petty is "not ready" and that Fitz "gives the best chance to win."    If ever there was a definition of the inmates running the asylum this was it.  Bowles needs to be held accountable for allowing this to go on all season. 

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

The issue there though is Bowles naming Fitz the starter despite his holdout. The players build no continuity with their anointed starter . If  they stated it would be a competition with Geno and Fitz it at least gives the guys in camp and workouts reps with the possible starting QB.  But the bigger problem on this team to me was the defense and their lack of effort .

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

No but you can blame him for throwing his coach, gm and owner under the bus after he was rightfully benched.  He showed absolutely ZERO leadership and demonstrated how much of a ME player he really is.    I am sure that was really good for team morale.  Then you got Decker who is not even playing because of injury, declaring that Petty is "not ready" and that Fitz "gives the best chance to win."    If ever there was a definition of the inmates running the asylum this was it.  Bowles needs to be held accountable for allowing this to go on all season. 

Are we talking about Fitz or Decker?

Fitz did throw anybody under the bus; this is old news. He said they lost faith in him and it hurt. Duh! Apparently there is hate for him; so be it - he is gone now. But we weren't talking about Decker or when he got benched (which was WAY after this problem started). You sad 'holding out' hurt the team; sorry I don't buy it.

You want to start listing out all his faults - go right ahead, but I am not biting. If you want to bring up things that happened AFTER to rift - again not biting...

Finally, you think this doesn't happen on EVERY team that is loosing, getting spanked and is under achieving against playoff expectations? Frankly, I would rather have these guys getting all worked up for finishing at the bottom then them walking hand-in-hand singing Kum Ba Yah!

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Are we talking about Fitz or Decker?

Fitz did throw anybody under the bus; this is old news. He said they lost faith in him and it hurt. Duh! Apparently there is hate for him; so be it - he is gone now. But we weren't talking about Decker or when he got benched (which was WAY after this problem started). You sad 'holding out' hurt the team; sorry I don't buy it.

You want to start listing out all his faults - go right ahead, but I am not biting. If you want to bring up things that happened AFTER to rift - again not biting...

Finally, you think this doesn't happen on EVERY team that is loosing, getting spanked and is under achieving against playoff expectations? Frankly, I would rather have these guys getting all worked up for finishing at the bottom then them walking hand-in-hand singing Kum Ba Yah!

I am talking about both. But Hey to each his own.  If you don't think this locker room was seriously dysfunctional that is your choice.    You win as a team and lose as a team.   There was no real leadership in the locker room or on the coaching staff that lies at the feet of Bowles.  

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

The issue there though is Bowles naming Fitz the starter despite his holdout. The players build no continuity with their anointed starter . If  they stated it would be a competition with Geno and Fitz it at least gives the guys in camp and workouts reps with the possible starting QB.  But the bigger problem on this team to me was the defense and their lack of effort .

10000%

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I am talking about both. But Hey to each his own.  If you don't think this locker room was seriously dysfunctional that is your choice.    You win as a team and lose as a team.   There was no real leadership in the locker room or on the coaching staff that lies at the feet of Bowles.  

I didn't say that there wasn't dysfunction, I said that Fitz holding out didn't cause it.

17 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I didn't say that there wasn't dysfunction, I said that Fitz holding out didn't cause it.

I never said that either. I said his attitude when he got benched didn't help and his comments painted him in a very selfish light.

Archived