Dog and frisbee

OH THE PAIN

Who would like to see a half-time show of the dog and frisbee again ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like to see a half-time show of the dog and frisbee again ?

I think we use halftime of our 8 home games to honor the 8 AFC teams that have won Super Bowls since 1968:

Chiefs
Colts
Dolphins
Steelers
Raiders
Broncos
Ravens
Patriot

[While I was trying to be funny, it's pretty shocking that only 8 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in 49 years]

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think we use halftime of our 8 home games to honor the 8 AFC teams that have won Super Bowls since 1968:

Chiefs
Colts
Dolphins
Steelers
Raiders
Broncos
Ravens
Patriot

[While I was trying to be funny, it's pretty shocking that only 8 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in 49 years]

SAR I

that is pretty stunning.  But it's not as bleak as it sounds a few of these team's have won a few

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Chiefs
Colts
Dolphins
Steelers
Raiders
Broncos
Ravens
Patriot

SAR I

I shared this with a friend, and I will now credit him (anonymously) by paraphrasing his response.

This interpretation is that this shows that the Jets, Bills, Browns, and Bengals have really been bad at winning SBs.  The Chargers, too.

The Jags, Texans, and Titans, too, but they are new.  So maybe they are excused.

In around 50 SBs, you'd expect around 25 AFC SBs.  With about 25 SBs, you might expect all 16 AFC teams to win at least one.  If you throw out the 3 new teams, that's 13 teams.  So maybe it means there are 8 AFC teams good at winning SBs, and 5 AFC teams (sadly including us) who are not good at it.

3 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

More dog and frisbee talk

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Apparently very little interest.

SAR I

SAR I wants quiet time he probably wants to brag to the people who sit near him about his cars, watches,vacation home he doesn't want to be upstaged by dogs catching frisbees. 

5 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I shared this with a friend, and I will now credit him (anonymously) by paraphrasing his response.

This interpretation is that this shows that the Jets, Bills, Browns, and Bengals have really been bad at winning SBs.  The Chargers, too.

The Jags, Texans, and Titans, too, but they are new.  So maybe they are excused.

In around 50 SBs, you'd expect around 25 AFC SBs.  With about 25 SBs, you might expect all 16 AFC teams to win at least one.  If you throw out the 3 new teams, that's 13 teams.  So maybe it means there are 8 AFC teams good at winning SBs, and 5 AFC teams (sadly including us) who are not good at it.

Good interpolation.  And to go one step further:

If you draw the line at 1976, only 6 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in the last 40 years.

If you draw the line at 1986, only 5 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in the last 30 years.

it shows you just how futile this is.  And we thought baseball was bad with no luxury tax for all those years.  Perhaps this is what is vexing the NFL.  The fact that it's just about impossible to win a Super Bowl.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

a good marching band

Dogs are disgusting animals.  And these people who put up endless photos of dogs on Facebook?  Please. 

I have no idea why they even qualify as halftime entertainment.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Good interpolation.  And to go one step further:

If you draw the line at 1976, only 6 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in the last 40 years.

If you draw the line at 1986, only 5 AFC teams have won the Super Bowl in the last 30 years.

it shows you just how futile this is.  And we thought baseball was bad with no luxury tax for all those years.  Perhaps this is what is vexing the NFL.  The fact that it's just about impossible to win a Super Bowl.

SAR I

On the other hand, if you look at all 50 Super Bowls, but consider only the performance of the Original 8, they are just about on track. That is, since the Original 8 constitutes 1/4 of the league, they should have won 1/4 of the Super Bowls. That would put it at about 12. I think they've won 11. If they win either of the next two SB's, they will be right on track.

Correction: I should have said if they win both of the next 2 SB's they will be right on track.

Archived