Jets Bring Back Kicker Ross Martin

JetNation

IMG_2059.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

With their off-season under way earlier than they would have liked, the Jets reserve/future contracts continue to roll in.

After signing five players yesterday, the Jets brought back place kicker Ross Martin who was Nick Folk’s primary competition early on in camp this year.

The former Duke product matched Folk kick for kick early on in camp, but once the games started, he was wildly inconsistent, allowing Folk to stay put.

With a bloated cap figure of $3 million next season, the Jets will likely give Martin every opportunity to show more consistency and steal the job from Folk.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
sFlBx3gU0F8

Click here to read the full story...

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

folk has been money as a kicker although he missed a couple of key fg's and extra points.  he's got a fairly high cap number and the jets should look to replace.

Agreed. He's been solid and the misses are pretty common these days as the XP has messed with just about all kickers. But if it saves us money then I'm ready to move on.

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

folk has been money as a kicker although he missed a couple of key fg's and extra points.  he's got a fairly high cap number and the jets should look to replace.

I think his $3M cap hit might be a bigger factor in him leaving.  Martin was neck and neck with Folk for most of camp.  And like Edwards, Martin will have a bunch of meaningless games to get adjusted to the pro game.

10 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Wasn't the xp blocked in the bengals game?

He missed an XP.

He had another kick blocked but it was a chip shot FG and he kicked it to low. Westhoff got on him for that. Said it was his fault.

He was good for us this year but he cost us that Bengals game and it really set the tone for a bad season. If we were 2-0 out of the gates and not 1-1 we might have had a little more momentum. Probably wouldnt have mattered anyway but who knows.

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thanks for the perfect shot of the thin uniform pants, and nothing else, tightly conforming to this kid's crank.

The-Simpsons-Season-11-Episode-10-8-032e 

You just got this kid inducted in to the mod lounge ring of honor.  Well done.

25 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Your behavior concerns me. 

Yeah like what are you new to this place?

Also in my defense the image got stretched vertically in the OP. So he's got like an "objects in mirror are smaller than they appear" going on here. Or wonderbra (wonderpenis?). 

Anyway, this is the more important comparison to Nick Folk. The measure of a man & stuff. 

Archived