NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hightower is an interesting case. So many veteran guys who haven't won will gravitate to good teams in search of the ring, maybe turning down more $ to do so. Hightower has won two rings, is entering the prime of his career, and may decide now is the time to take the money vs the better team. The Jets may have a real shot to land him.

Just now, Beerfish said:

We actually have a few decent prospects from last year.  Anthony Johnson, Claude Pelon and Lawrence Thomas showed some things.

I agree with you on Lawrence Thomas...he was in the rotation until the injury.  Your Oilers are looking good. McDavid is tremendous.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I agree with you on Lawrence Thomas...he was in the rotation until the injury.  Your Oilers are looking good. McDavid is tremendous.

The Oilers have been on the skids lately we have to beat Dallas tonight!  Yeah McDavid is the franchise no question about it.

If the Jets don't land Dont'a Hightower it won't be for lack of trying. I'm convinced they have far and away the most money on the table

The highest I would be willing to go is 15/16m in the first year because the cap hit would be lessened by releasing David Harris for the first year. Anything above is bad IMO

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So if they sign Hightower does that mean Harris is going to get cut?  Or are they going to keep both and play tiny lb occasionally?

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

Just now, T0mShane said:

If they sign Hightower, they'll move Darron Lee "outside" and cut Maudlin, which is code for "we should have drafted Paxton Lynch."

no but i suspect if they land hightower then they will quickly go after Cutler and Carr

I'd like to keep Harris as a situational player. Hightower will probably re-sign with NEP. I'd like to show a little loyalty to a great Jets player (if the coaching staff thinks he could have a role). Look why so much love for one of their players anyways. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is that Mauldin wasnt drafted in the same year as Lynch. So connecting the two seems odd.

He means that by moving Lee it would signify that he can't play the position they drafted him to play and they should have taken Lynch.

8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no but i suspect if they land hightower then they will quickly go after Cutler and Carr

Carr is notorious is Dallas for being the guy Eli Manning abuses in every comeback victory the Giants have had against them

Archived